1742 replies to this topic

#1 shaun239

shaun239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:53 AM

Just moved to Townsville and was wondering does anyone know if any of the Golf clubs run open comps on the weekends?
  • qhj0usfl2k8 likes this

#2 Whitednj

Whitednj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:44 AM

Sunday comps are "open" at most of the clubs I believe.

#3 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:45 AM

Hi Shaun. Welcome to " Sunny" townsville. All 3 clubs will allow you to enter thier club competitions.The only bar to this is for monthly medals were visitors may not win the prizes I am a long time member at the Willows & would be very happy to join you for a round there & show you our great golf course. Next saturday is Monthly medal final day for which I am already booked but any pther weekend time would suit. There are 4 or 5 ISG members that are also members at the Willows so should not be difficult to get a round or 2 in.

#4 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:09 AM

Hey Shaun and welcome to Townsville. I am also a Willows member and play alot of midweek rounds(not comp) as I am a Baker and usually knock off around lunch. Your in luck in the fact that alot of courses are within 1-4hrs max of city. Locally there is Willows, Townsville, Rowes Bay, Army and Magnetic Island. Within a hour drive you have Mystic Sands, Ayr, HomeHill and Ingham. Within 4hrs North and South are quality courses like Laguna and Paradise Palms. Then region is littered with little treasures like Cardwell, Bowen and El arish just to name a few. Except for the current weather we are also blessed to have the best yearly weather for golf. Rowes Bay backs onto the town common so if you want to play with Kangaroos, goannas etc its pretty much a given if you go early enough. I too would be happy to play a round with you....if not tending to the brood of kiddies.

#5 shaun239

shaun239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:13 AM

Nice very keen to get a game in once im settled pom will definently take you up on that i havent got my handicap yet but i am about to get on that so i can play more golf and i live like 5 mins from the willows

#6 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:55 AM

Let me know if you need someone to play a round with to get your cards in. Willows is the best of the three courses IMO. And I am not the least bit Biased. Much!!!!! :-)

#7 shaun239

shaun239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:24 PM

You might be biased Pom but i have had a look around and i think Willows is the best aswell

#8 shaun239

shaun239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:46 AM

ok about to start to play to acquire my handicap anyone keen 4 a round in the near future?

#9 Whitednj

Whitednj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:45 AM

There are a few of us Willows boys lurking. Stick your name down on a Saturday around 11am and you will probably get me or Pom as a partner. Other days by arrangement. Willows is starting to show through the mud and slush of the last 4 months. Today was pretty good and the greens were fast and true.

#10 shaun239

shaun239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:49 AM

so u can just play on a sat to get your cards started i thought u might have to play a social round at a special time or something

#11 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:53 AM

Shaun are you a member anywhere?

#12 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

Shaun I am available during week if you need a partner, Have family demands but can get out a bit. Playing some rounds over easter. Check out isg golf days. Or post here. We're usually got an eye out. White- I get out Monday for the Masters.Looking forward to it. Hoping for good conditions.

#13 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

Course is OK AB. Another week or so & it will be good. What days are you looking at over Easter weekend?

#14 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:29 AM

Friday and Monday but am in negotiations with wife to maybe make it Friday and Sunday.I get two days she gets two days. Keeping the peace. Especially after splurging on some gear.

#15 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

My wife will be away so Anytime is good. E-mail me when you know or even better post it on here. Might be able to get Shaun involved too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users