162 replies to this topic

#16 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24049 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:21 AM

elimb kingston heath $135 for members, $155 for non. Oh yeah i forgot, it's booked out. But i'm in......... kiwi

#17 bluprint

bluprint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:04 AM

There are 2 dates, the 30/6 and the 14/7. The 14/7 is definitely booked out, but I'd check the 30/6. I'm in for the 30/6, but missed out on the 14/7. This is my favourite Melbourne course. I played Metro 2 weeks ago for the 2nd time and I still think KH has it over Metro and Royal Melbourne. Having said that I've only played Royal Melbourne twice a year for the last 4 years; i.e. during the drought. Its major failing has been its condition. I know they've stolen the super from KH and they've been given drinking water to water the course, so it should start to shape up. If you haven't played KH, it's worth the money.

#18 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

Members? You mean member of Drummond Golf. I could not find where I can book. Never mind, there will be more next year.

#19 HotPies

HotPies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

Is this the new record for rebirthed threads FFS

#20 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

Pies, hope you have no skeletons in the cupboard, ala Matty Johns, these blokes are prepared to go back farther than 4 corners

#21 Shomethamoney

Shomethamoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:29 PM

Is this the new record for rebirthed threads FFS

I think I found an earlier one hotpies if you want to bring it back to life A good solid year earlier I think from a quick glance http://forums.iseekg...earn-about-golf

#22 boxieboy

boxieboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:35 AM

My uncle is on the waiting list for KH not sure how long he has been on for. But he seems to think he will be right early next year. I would not put it past him to pull some strings as he knows a lot of high up people in high up places. I will see what I can find out from him when I next play with him. He also states the KH is tons load better than RM (west) I have played RM (West) and condition wise thought it was a bit of a goat track at that time! No doubt it usually plays better. Anyways can't wait to play KH at guest prices :)

#23 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:37 AM

boxieboy how much is guest price at KH?

#24 northerner

northerner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:52 AM

KH is always in better condition than RM. KH probably has about 1/3 of the area under turf than RM and so does not have the same water issues. Also a tinsy bit friendlier.

#25 buzz

buzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNewport

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:10 AM

Played KH on Tuesday with the IGA ( Italian Golf Association) Pro Shop staff very friendly. Clubroom staf friendly after the round when we had snacks and drinks. Course is in excellent condition. I played reasonably well, save that I putted to the greens reputation rather than the reality ( which was that they were quite slow- Gisborne, for eg. had much faster greens) Cost $90.00 as a guest of a member of the IGA. Great value

#26 rockatansky

rockatansky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2015 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:48 AM

Played KH on Tuesday with the IGA ( Italian Golf Association)

Pro Shop staff very friendly. Clubroom staf friendly after the round when we had snacks and drinks.

Course is in excellent condition. I played reasonably well, save that I putted to the greens reputation rather than the reality ( which was that they were quite slow- Gisborne, for eg. had much faster greens)

Cost $90.00 as a guest of a member of the IGA. Great value

Hey Buzz all holes in play at the moment at K.H.?

#27 Pipp

Pipp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2516 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:53 AM

Played KH on Tuesday with the IGA ( Italian Golf Association)

Pro Shop staff very friendly. Clubroom staf friendly after the round when we had snacks and drinks.

Course is in excellent condition. I played reasonably well, save that I putted to the greens reputation rather than the reality ( which was that they were quite slow- Gisborne, for eg. had much faster greens)

Cost $90.00 as a guest of a member of the IGA. Great value

Hi Buzz, I played Lakelands on the Gold Coast with the IGA last year and was considering joining. A customer/friend that now lives in Brisbane used to play in Victoria I think. He's a sponsor here now and deals with marble and granite. Maybe you know him too.

#28 buzz

buzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNewport

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:23 AM

Hi Rockatansky- All the holes were in play on Tuesday.

#29 buzz

buzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNewport

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:26 AM

Hi Pippolo - deals in marble and granite- doesn't narrow it down much :-) I am going to join the IGA- I think it's really good value. The closest private course to my home is Medway- I used to be a member years ago but I cant bring myself to join now- not a fan of the course. Will play with the IGA once/twice per month and go out to Eynesbury if I need a golf fix in between times.

#30 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:00 AM

Well know what ? Got a game coming up in KH in 3 months!! And it is free !! I hope all the proper holes are in play as it may be 'cos it is after Tiger Wood's tournament.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users