162 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 09 January 2002 - 06:25 PM

My uncle told me you can play Kingston Heath for around $130. Does any one know if this is tru, and if so under what conditions.

#2 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 05 March 2002 - 08:08 AM

You can play it for less if you are a guest of a member. THe price you give sounds about right for an interstate visitor who writes ahead with a letter of introduction from his home course. A bit more for overseas visitors I think. Most good clubs in Australia have the same sort of deal with similar prices.

#3 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 15 May 2002 - 02:23 PM

I was rejected to play there !
Because I am a resident of Victoria...No fair!

#4 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 17 May 2002 - 11:59 AM

Why isn't it fair? KH is a private club - they have a green-fee system for those from afar to allow travellers to play, because those people wouldn't be able to get on otherwise.

Residents of Melbourne can play as the guest of a member.

#5 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 02:34 AM

It is very obvious...I do not know anyone who is a member of KH.
And it is also very hard to meet a kind of people.
Is that enough to explain to you, James?

#6 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 01:02 PM

Dariaus,

Sorry if it came across the wrong way. It is unfortunate that you aren't able to access KH via the normal channels.

However, I still think its a bit harsh to describe their system as unfair - if they let on heaps of green fee players, it would defeat the purposes of being a private club.

#7 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 20 May 2002 - 07:40 AM

Sorry James if I offend you with some reason.

I partly agreed but I don't.

Most of "Good" clubs are very stricted oppotunity given in general even to be a member . I do not think what I said "unfair" was not incorrect.

I understand Private club should not let play many green fee player, which I agree. and I should not say in this Topic either.
Because the topic was slightly different.

I was just a little passionate how I wanted to play in such a "GOOD" courses. and I can't. That is very PAIN MY BUM smile.gif
And I strongry agree Royal Melbourne and KH is no doubtful a one of a representative golf course you should play in Australia.(if you can get a chance)

#8 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 20 May 2002 - 09:29 AM

These clubs aren't quite as exclusive as you make out!

If you're that passionate about playing at the sandbelt courses, you'll be keeping your eyes open for open and charity days, which are held at almost every "GOOD" course (Royal Melbourne and Kingston Heath included).

You'll find that you can play those courses in this manner much cheaper than the $130 quoted to play as a Manager Introduced Guest at KH. All you need is an Australian handicap.

To give you an idea how accessible these courses really are, here are some venues hosting charity days this calender year:
Royal Melbourne, Riversdale, Kingston Heath, Yarra Yarra, The National, Long Island, Metropolitan, Huntingdale, and many other "GOOD" courses.

Some notable exceptions - but keep your eyes open - I can guarantee that you'll have the chance to play every half-decent course within a year or two.

#9 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 11:29 PM

I'va managed to sneak onto a few of the more notable Sand Belt tracks with a bit of luck on my side,
I played Kingston Heath as part of a Herald Sun Matchplay, sunk a massive down hiller for par on the 15th to win 4/3, have played Woodlands 3 times in the same comp and got whooped on 2 of those occasions. I had a mate who used to work at Huntingdale and we would play the week prior to the Masters with the stands up, that was pretty cool. I also played there in the pre Masters Tournament which cost somewhere around $200. I have also been lucky enough to have a round at Metropoliton which is my pick as the best course and actually managed to take home the chockies that day with 36 points being good enough to win. I have a game in waiting at Royal Melbourne as well as I played with one of the Resident Pro's in a Pro Am at Torquay and we had a good time but work commitments have had that on hold since Decenber last year!

#10 Jed

Jed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 08:53 AM

Hey Judge you must have plenty of folding stuff if you're prepared to blow $200 on a hack track like Huntingdale.

Any chance of a loan? I'm a fair way down the tube this Spring Carnival tongue.gif

#11 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:24 AM

I have also been lucky enough to have a round at Metropoliton which is my pick as the best course and actually managed to take home the chockies that day with 36 points being good enough to win. I have a game in waiting at Royal Melbourne had that on hold since Decenber last year!

Hear Hear I agree, Metro is the best but I have not play RM, only walk in RM following Greg Norman in the 1990s. That said, Metro has better conditions. If only some one can .... By the way, some one told me that he has been on the waiting list to join Kingston H. for 12 years !!!!! Can this be right?

#12 SJGC

SJGC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:31 PM

Yes the Heath has a long wait list but I thought it was more like 6-8 years.

#13 northerner

northerner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:58 AM

Waiting lists are often over estaimted. Check the KH, website, it explains it nicely, 3-4 years to become a restricted member and 3 more to be a full member. The trouble, as is always the case with these clubs is being sponsored, KH requires your sponsor and seconder to have been members for 8 years. Most clubs of this ilk only allow senior members to sponsor new members, so finding these guys is the trick

#14 Ayds

Ayds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:13 AM

For anybody that wants to get on there Drummond Golf have a day there next month. I think it is $135 all up so yeah, give it a go if you have not played there.

#15 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:30 AM

For anybody that wants to get on there Drummond Golf have a day there next month. I think it is $135 all up so yeah, give it a go if you have not played there.

Where Ayds?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users