#121 peanuts

peanuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5349 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:42 AM

I see cart paths. mad.gif

If they have to exist, they should be out of sight or not so close to the playing line.

Oh, and make them out of something that doesn't send your pill into oblivion, or at the very least camber them toward the fairway.

#122 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:04 AM

A PCD specialty unfortunately.

One of the few blights on an otherwise attractive setting the owner has created for golf.

#123 daacha

daacha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1198 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE: peanuts @ Aug 31 2006, 09:42 PM

I see cart paths. mad.gif

If they have to exist, they should be out of sight or not so close to the playing line.

Oh, and make them out of something that doesn't send your pill into oblivion, or at the very least camber them toward the fairway.

Peanuts,

If you have fairway, then rough and then the cart path and you hit it you've missed the fairway by some margin. Hit it straighter mate and they won't come into play. biggrin.gif

#124 peanuts

peanuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5349 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:07 PM

daacha, that photo of 18 shows the best line away from the water is to hit to the right of the fairway. There'd be no more than a couple of metres of relatively light rough before the concrete snake comes into play.

And what's more, they look ugly.

#125 daacha

daacha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1198 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE: peanuts @ Sep 1 2006, 10:07 AM

daacha, that photo of 18 shows the best line away from the water is to hit to the right of the fairway. There'd be no more than a couple of metres of relatively light rough before the concrete snake comes into play.

And what's more, they look ugly.

had to have another look but now i remember. I think we teed off further right than the picture suggests. There was plenty of landing area, unless Lizzie screamed your name in the middle of your swing. wink.gif

#126 peanuts

peanuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5349 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

It's okay daacha, I have a pathological hatred for concrete cart paths, borne of certain Asian experiences where shots marginally off the ideal line would ping into jungle.

#127 cunninga

cunninga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1078 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE: peanuts @ Sep 1 2006, 12:02 PM

It's okay daacha, I have a pathological hatred for concrete cart paths, borne of certain Asian experiences where shots marginally off the ideal line would ping into jungle.

On the other hand, I have seen many a ball bound and bound and bound 40m from where the ball first hit the path.

I must admit they are ugly, but sometimes they are better than pathways which wash away and show ruts and holes.

#128 peanuts

peanuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5349 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE: cunninga @ Sep 1 2006, 12:11 PM

On the other hand, I have seen many a ball bound and bound and bound 40m from where the ball first hit the path.

I must admit they are ugly, but sometimes they are better than pathways which wash away and show ruts and holes.

If you MUST have carts on your course, then let them go anywhere but close to tees, hazards and greens. This speeds up play and obviates the need for paths at all.

And if it's wet and your course can't hold carts in wet weather, then they walk!

#129 cunninga

cunninga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1078 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE: peanuts @ Sep 1 2006, 01:03 PM

If you MUST have carts on your course, then let them go anywhere but close to tees, hazards and greens. This speeds up play and obviates the need for paths at all.

And if it's wet and your course can't hold carts in wet weather, then they walk!

Wholeheartedly agree Peanuts. But like I said before it is easier to maintain a concrete path than a crushed rock path, especially in man hours, not materials.

#130 terrets

terrets

Suspect

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:13 AM

IPB Image

see if this works??

#131 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:39 AM

anyone played it lately after all the winter rain? Whats it like?

#132 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38117 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:19 AM

anyone played it lately after all the winter rain? Whats it like?

I'm guessing like Settlers Run. Both built on similar area's of land that suffered during winter. Some ISGers are members or at least play there. I'm suspecting that if it's not perfect now it will never be, after next week of sunshine.

#133 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20034 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

Played it last week, and it's back!!! So please stay away ........... as I hate crowds!!!

#134 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

It is closed due to corporate day. What club close by would you suggest???

#135 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20034 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:10 PM

Played KL a couple of weeks ago, just before the last rainy period, and it was in shocking state already with boggy brown fairways all over it, so give it a wide berth. Perhaps somewhere like Churchill Park, fairly flat, lots of doglegs and sloping fairways though, but it stays pretty dry and playable all things considered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users