#136 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37981 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:10 AM

Perhaps somewhere like Churchill Park, fairly flat, lots of doglegs and sloping fairways though, but it stays pretty dry and playable all things considered.

I believe nicotine plus caffeine equals protein (John Daly)

I'm a bit worried about Churchill Park, GPJ. I've got a game rostered for there next Thursday against the members but have problems with the course and it's set up. If it doesn't get a great deal of rain this week I'm suspecting it to be a bit dry and the 'run off' WITH THE SLOPING FAIRWAYS, will ruin a good round. I'm still weighing up whether to play??

#137 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20012 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:44 PM

Well if you do play Francie, practice moving the ball in both directions first, in order to keep yourself on those sloping fairways. Eg ........... draws for right to left sloping fairways, and fades for right to left sloping fairways. Oh, for any right handed golfers reading this response, please change left to right ........ makes a nice change doesn't it Francie!!! And by the way, having seen you hit the ball a couple of times Francie, I'm sure you can handle it.

#138 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37981 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:32 AM

Well if you do play Francie, practice moving the ball in both directions first, in order to keep yourself on those sloping fairways.

Eg …........ draws for right to left sloping fairways, and fades for right to left sloping fairways.

Oh, for any right handed golfers reading this response, please change left to right …..... makes a nice change doesn’t it Francie!!!

And by the way, having seen you hit the ball a couple of times Francie, I’m sure you can handle it.

I believe nicotine plus caffeine equals protein (John Daly)

GPJ......you should know that, I (being left handed) can only hit a fade/slice. Some holes at Churchill suit, but unfortunately the golf course suits right handers (as all courses do). I usually struggle around there.

#139 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20012 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

Well you'll have to play like me then Francie. Tee it up as far left as you can ............ aim at a tree somewhere down on the right hand side, and a gentle fade should see you back somewhere on the right side, hopefully staying on the short stuff, and rolling back to the centre.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users