#61 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:54 AM

Collingwood too hot and cold (lol, waiting for Mekat to read this)

You know how to bait the hook.... Placegetter, Collingwood has developed a reputation of struggling in matches they would be expected (at the level of football that they are capable of playing) to win easily, and then win games that they (on paper) appear unlikely to win. The issue here is being able to recognise the possibility of Collingwood falling for lowly (though clearly emerging) teams like Melbourne - remember round 2, then playing well against top opposition, but kicking themselves out of it - remember round 3 against St Kilda. This is not Collingwood being hot and cold like Carlton have exhibited, for the Blues changes in 'temperature' have been against opposition of similar class.

#62 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts
  • Location10m past Natnkyls

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:05 AM

"Collingwood has developed a reputation of struggling in matches they would be expected (at the level of football that they are capable of playing) to win easily, and then win games that they (on paper) appear unlikely to win" You could probably expand this to most of the AFL these days. It's just a sign of the times. Not too sure on the class point. Carlton beats Geelong and St Kilda but can't get past North Melbourne? Adelaide beats Freo? Essendon beats anyone?

#63 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20031 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

PG, liking Setanta and Arnfield just means those "rose coloured" ones are firmly in place at the mo. Hopefully though both will grow into their respective roles within the team, but it can be very painful to watch at the moment, and I'm not hopeful of either having a happy ending.

#64 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:04 AM

I am absolutely devastated for Matthew Kreuzer. Having had two ACL reconstructions I know first hand what he may be facing. If the worst is confirmed I wish him a speedy and full recovery because he is extremely important to any premiership aspirations we have. As for the game, the scoreboard makes it look a little closer than it really was. Hitting the post four times is quite remarkable but still doesn't account for very poor kicking at goal. Well done Freo, Pavlich was great in the first half, how do you play Sandilands? and Barlow even now is surely one of the game's stars.

#65 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

Condolences place, ya nearly pinched it......

#66 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:53 PM

Cheers Mug, pinching it would have been wrong the way we carried on, but my thoughts are elsewhere. It's incredible what can change in a New York Minute.

#67 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

wot's a New York Minute?

#68 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

The blink of an eye mate. Immortalised by The Eagles in a song of the same name.

#69 drgazgiz

drgazgiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3296 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

I feel very sorry for Kreuzer, no-one likes to see that happen to any player. I wouldn't feel sorry if Waite gets another 1-2 weeks.

#70 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

The blink of an eye mate. Immortalised by The Eagles in a song of the same name.

I’m here all week!

Yep, understand...another one bites the dust.

#71 parsandbirdies

parsandbirdies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4903 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:57 AM

Big guy will come back and be a great ruck just probably wont be as mobile, very unfortunate for the big K....

#72 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20031 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

Speaking if which, it appears the Eagles will be out here playing before the big K plays his next game. Ironic Place?

#73 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:58 AM

Reminds me of a skit where the comedian broke down Alanis Morissette's song 'Ironic' and decided at the end that the only ironic thing about it was there was nothing ironic in the song. My favourite line was ".....rain on your wedding day isn't ironic. If you were marrying a weatherman who specifically chose the date of your wedding day based on historical data and an in-depth knowledge of predictable (?) weather patterns, and was guaranteeing it wouldn't rain, and then it did rain, well that would be ironic. The Eagles would be a great concert, although I am sure I will resort to buying the record again because the prices will be phone numbers.

#74 Lazarus

Lazarus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:53 AM

Reminds me of a skit where the comedian broke down Alanis Morissette’s song ‘Ironic’ and decided at the end that the only ironic thing about it was there was nothing ironic in the song.

My favourite line was ”.....rain on your wedding day isn’t ironic. If you were marrying a weatherman who specifically chose the date of your wedding day based on historical data and an in-depth knowledge of predictable (?) weather patterns, and was guaranteeing it wouldn’t rain, and then it did rain, well that would be ironic.

The Eagles would be a great concert, although I am sure I will resort to buying the record again because the prices will be phone numbers.

I’m here all week!

It's all more coincidence than irony.

#75 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:24 AM

You obviously heard the comedian too (or are just very intelligent). I think that was his point. Gee I feel for Michael Barlow. These young kids going down just as they are starting to make a mark. Come back strong young fella. Couple of big weeks for the Blues, we'l see if there is any fight in the Dogs and as for the Swans, well another loss could put them out of their misery. Go Blues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users