#46 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts
  • Location10m past Natnkyls

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:38 AM

Ha ha, okay got me, I knew the running over the mark incident was going to come up. I don't really doubt your logic GPJ, just whether there really was that much consideration about replacing Fev through the years. He won a couple of coleman's and I guess the "better the devil you know" thinking was entrenched at board level. Absolutely agree that percentage will be crucial 4th through 10th. As for Fev's couple extra goals getting us an extra win, unfortunately (truly) Carlton's lowest losing margin has been 19 points, so maybe that isn't proving accurate. Bradshaw would have been a great result for a year (maybe two) by the looks of it.

#47 parsandbirdies

parsandbirdies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4903 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:24 AM

oh my...........

#48 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

... and cold again...

#49 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

arrogance cost them...

#50 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:05 AM

Arrogance? I thought they were flat. :-) Rubbish way to enter a two week rest. Luckily they won't be playing the Kangaroos in the Grand Final. Lindsay (ey?) Thomas was great. They took Mekat's definition of hot and cold to a new level actually showing how they could turn it off and on DURING a game. Bring on the next test. Hopefully they will have learnt something.

#51 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:45 AM

Bring on the next test. Hopefully they will have learnt something.

Carlton's next test is Freo (a team they also have in round 22)... they will have to go from cold to hot again, because Freo is not North Melbourne!!!

#52 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

Bring on the next test. Hopefully they will have learnt something.

Carlton’s next test is Freo (a team they also have in round 22)... they will have to go from cold to hot again, because Freo is not North Melbourne!!!

That is correct, Freo is definitely not North Melbourne. Different coloured jerseys is the first giveaway. Carlton beat St Kilda after having their colours lowered by Collingwood, there is every chance they will reverse their form again, especially with a few changes now expected. Yarran should come back in (at 66/1 for the rising star has to be the value tip for the year) plus Bower finally in time to take on Pavlich. Henderson will probably get a run too, another big target up front freeing Waite to play loose man in defence. Dont really like Freo's chances.....

#53 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20035 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:02 PM

PG, do we know which Blues are due to turn up this week, the hot ones, or the cold ones? I guess there are a few teams in this position at the moment, as a few of them seem to be in the "rebuilding" phase. It's the younger group of players (say less than 50 games) in those teams that seem to be the ones I believe, that are deciding the outcome of games week to week in a lot of cases. While it makes for an interesting, uncertain season, it is also a supporters worst mightmare, not knowing what to expect from one moment to the next. Bring back the good old days, when you knew on Thursday night if you would win or lose on the weekend.

#54 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

Yes footy tipping seemed so much easier years ago. Some times the favourites even won. I'm definitely gunning for the hot Blues to show up this week, Freo will be tough, even away for them. I have no idea who we will put on Pavlich which used to be the only problem with Freo, but I'm looking forward to the game. I understand a lot of opposition coaches treat Judd the same way. "He will get whatever possessions he gets and we will shut down (or try to) the 2nd, 3rd and 4th most dangerous players). Probably how we should treat Pavlich on the weekend. I still hold a lot of optimism in the fact that Hawthorn were a year earlier than tipped winning the premiership in 2008. And they played a bloody good Grand Final. Which means a Freo, Bulldogs, Carlton or dare I say Sydney could have a chance. St Kilda maybe missed the boat (bit harsh, they are in 2nd), Collingwood too hot and cold (lol, waiting for Mekat to read this) and Hawthorn or North would have to pull off something special to hold the cup aloft. GPJ, are you a Lions supporter? Sorry I didn't mention them, I have already guaranteed they won't make the finals earlier.

#55 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20035 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

No PG, no I'm not a Lions supporter ......... (so I've seen more than three premierships). I actually ran onto the MCG as a kid way back in '70 vs Melbourne ........ the day Jezza finally kicked his ton (after a few false starts that day). '68 though was actually my first serious year of footy supporting ...... and what a year to start!

#56 DotCom

DotCom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:18 PM

Collingwood too hot and cold (lol, waiting for .

I’m here all week!

Hello Kettle, Your black Signed Pot

#57 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:26 AM

Collingwood too hot and cold (lol, waiting for .

I’m here all week!

Hello Kettle,

Your black

Signed Pot

LOL. I think you missed the point but thanks for dropping in.

#58 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:30 AM

No PG, no I’m not a Lions supporter …...... (so I’ve seen more than three premierships).

I actually ran onto the MCG as a kid way back in ‘70 vs Melbourne …..... the day Jezza finally kicked his ton (after a few false starts that day).

‘68 though was actually my first serious year of footy supporting …... and what a year to start!

I believe nicotine plus caffeine equals protein (John Daly)

I'm not convinced you are a Blues supporter though because a couple of times you have used the colloquial "you" so I'll throw in a last guess as Essendon (the team we beat in the '68) before turning to the lifelines. If I'm wrong I'd like to use my 50% first.

#59 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20035 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:00 AM

PG, if you think I'm not a Blues supporter ..... then how do you reconcile my current recoiling at all things Setanta .... that useless piece of work. Given I have used the colloquial "you" in terms of the Blues before, but you see, the forty odd year romance is decidedly waning as a lot of the current crop are busy sullying the good name of their predecessors. People such as the above mentioned Setanta, and you can throw in Arnfield as well, who reminds me of a chook once it's head's been lopped off .... just running around aimlessly, to name but two of the current crop who are just not up to it. I know that "we" have to pay for the so called sins of the past (re: John Elliot and Co.) in missing drafts etc, but I believe that doesn't mean we have to put up with either ineptitude or less than committed efforts by the team. Carlton have a history of not accepting anything less than excellence, (see the large sacked coaches group) and shouldn't lower those stardards. As for you labelling me a possible Essendon supporter ...... . christ PG, I'd rather be labelled a Magpie, that's how much I hate those weak cowardly Essendon bastards.

#60 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:53 AM

I think Carlton are currently paying for a couple of lean trade years. You have a very few older experienced players, and then you have whole bunch of young guys all coming through together, with nothing to link the two groups.

Please forgive me, I based my assumptions on the above comment. Seemed fair at the time. I must be just enjoying being in the 8 again, because I like Armfield and Setanta. Make of it what you will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users