42 replies to this topic

#31 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3358 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:57 PM

Maybe I’m slow on humour, I’m quite sure I am because this is the second time I’ve had trouble whether it’s a joke, but your selling stolen balls from your local range here?

Please point me out if I have said something ridiculously embarrassing, which I am sure most of you will anyway.

First of all you’re an idiot. Secondly they’re not stolen from my local range, as most ranges avoid using brand new $8 balls because of the price factor. They were brand new balls stolen off the range at a tournament i competed in. As i was a competitor i feel it’s my duty to take some. For all you guys having a cry about where and how practise is printed, just shut the **** up.

Collis i will email you about the balls :-)

Slappa
I must also be a bit slow on the uptake. One assumes that you are still an amateur golfer? You go and play in a tournament under amateur rules yet you decide to pocket 50 or so practice golf balls from the amateur tournament and then sell them.
Maybe I am missing something here, but that seems to be to be very poor form.

It might be poor form to lift the balls although I don't think the organisers would have really wanted them after the event. The fact that he is an amateur is really neither here nor there. Its not a breach of amateur status to sell stuff you have lifted although it would be to flog stuff you have won. I guess its probably a code of conduct breach although that would apply equally whether he is a pro or an amateur. Slappa if the other guy doesn't take em I am interested message me at gowboau at yahoo dot com.

#32 Davepuppies

Davepuppies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:35 AM

The balls i mentioned earlier in this thread arrived yesterday, and they are first class….. not a mark on them!

Some had company logos, but that is even better for me as it helps identify my ball from the 50 other pro vs on the course…..

for some reason my 3 red dots dont seem to stop people playing my ball!

Back on the course after 10 years – its a long road again!

My bad Dave, I use 3 red dots too. Do yours make a triangle around the number by any chance?? I had a guy one afternoon hit my ball, even after I told him it had my markings on it. The only thing that stopped me from wrapping a wedge around his neck was my membership, and the hassle of replacing the shaft. FWit..

I do it in a triangle above the number.......

#33 HitNhope

HitNhope

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14865 posts
  • LocationHere but not There

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:05 AM

The long arm of the law lurks everywhere.... Slappa... Unless the owners of the golf balls, ie the club holding the tournament or the the sponsor that supplied the balls have stated that the balls are there for the taking and they do not expect to have them returned, they are not abandoned property it is therefore stealing, which you have alread admitted to. Resultant from that, anybody who buys them, now knowing that they are in fact stolen can be charged with Receiving. Everyone who now knows that you have stolen the balls and does not report you can be charged with 'Conceal Serious Offence'. So, how much you askin for em?

#34 Slappa

Slappa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:07 AM

Maybe I’m slow on humour, I’m quite sure I am because this is the second time I’ve had trouble whether it’s a joke, but your selling stolen balls from your local range here?

Please point me out if I have said something ridiculously embarrassing, which I am sure most of you will anyway.

First of all you’re an idiot. Secondly they’re not stolen from my local range, as most ranges avoid using brand new $8 balls because of the price factor. They were brand new balls stolen off the range at a tournament i competed in. As i was a competitor i feel it’s my duty to take some. For all you guys having a cry about where and how practise is printed, just shut the **** up.

Collis i will email you about the balls :-)

Slappa
I must also be a bit slow on the uptake. One assumes that you are still an amateur golfer? You go and play in a tournament under amateur rules yet you decide to pocket 50 or so practice golf balls from the amateur tournament and then sell them.
Maybe I am missing something here, but that seems to be to be very poor form.

I pay a $250 entry, i steal the balls. I'm sure Srixon weren't going to re-sell them after the event. They want their balls and equipment out there which is why they sposored the event, set the range up with their balls and gave out lots of free balls and equipment.

#35 Slappa

Slappa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

The long arm of the law lurks everywhere….

Slappa… Unless the owners of the golf balls, ie the club holding the tournament or the the sponsor that supplied the balls have stated that the balls are there for the taking and they do not expect to have them returned, they are not abandoned property it is therefore stealing, which you have alread admitted to. Resultant from that, anybody who buys them, now knowing that they are in fact stolen can be charged with Receiving. Everyone who now knows that you have stolen the balls and does not report you can be charged with ‘Conceal Serious Offence’. So, how much you askin for em?

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish…..

Gee well im a little worried i might end up in jail now!! :-P So is it stealing if you find someone's ball in the bush? You should really take it to your nearest police station and report it as being lost property.

#36 HitNhope

HitNhope

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14865 posts
  • LocationHere but not There

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:10 AM

The long arm of the law lurks everywhere….

Slappa… Unless the owners of the golf balls, ie the club holding the tournament or the the sponsor that supplied the balls have stated that the balls are there for the taking and they do not expect to have them returned, they are not abandoned property it is therefore stealing, which you have alread admitted to. Resultant from that, anybody who buys them, now knowing that they are in fact stolen can be charged with Receiving. Everyone who now knows that you have stolen the balls and does not report you can be charged with ‘Conceal Serious Offence’. So, how much you askin for em?

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish…..

Gee well im a little worried i might end up in jail now!! :-P

So is it stealing if you find someone’s ball in the bush? You should really take it to your nearest police station and report it as being lost property.

Nope, because the owner has walked off and abandoned it. Free game. Moot point though.

#37 Collis

Collis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:18 AM

hey slappa, dunno if you got my email off work till tuesday - email koolkat_number9at hotmail dot com

#38 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3358 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:14 AM

slappa did you wind up selling these?

#39 Slappa

Slappa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:58 AM

slappa

did you wind up selling these?

Yeah on Ebay. So now it's someone elses problem buying stolen property.

#40 Cavo

Cavo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:24 AM

Hi Collis. I sell Mint Pro V1's and Mint Srixon Z Stars for $20 A dozen. Plus postage which is about 10 bucks for 90 balls. I'm in Brisbane. Cheers

#41 Cavo

Cavo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:31 AM

Hi Collis. I sell Mint Pro V1’s and Mint Srixon Z Stars for $20 A dozen. Plus postage which is about 10 bucks for 90 balls. I’m in Brisbane. Cheers

#42 Collis

Collis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:45 AM

hi mate this is pretty old i ended up getting some. would be keen on more but last time i brought something of the forums from someone with not many posts it didnt show up.

#43 kym1387

kym1387

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:49 AM

www.squizzysgolf.com.au

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users