View from 4th tee at 7am

#32 HotPies

HotPies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:51 AM

Mick Molloy’s house that overlooks the 3rd fairway, lucky bugger…...

Being a talentless hack & richond supporter must pay well

#33 Mydogownsme

Mydogownsme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:16 AM

They are great photos..... thanks for posting. Being from Sydney, I ahve only played the Ocean and Moonah courses. Is the old course still open only to members and members guests??

#34 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:54 AM

Thanks. The old course is only open to members and their guests but i have heard a whisper that the club want to make it a strictly members only course

#35 jetset

jetset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

2 more sleeps and i'm playing on the Old :0) The pictures are getting me way too excited Ocat !

#36 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:47 AM

Mate wait until you see the fairways! We've cut them 3 times this week and once more tomorrow for the final event of tournament week. I've seen these fairways for over 4 years now and i can honestly say it's the best they've looked. Big day on the course for us tomorrow. 1pm shotgun, full field. Greens are being hand mowed and rolled, holes changed, fairways cut and all the bunkers raked. In other words we will be flat out!

#37 Johncantplay

Johncantplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:03 AM

Make sure you put those rakes in the right possie...

#38 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:13 AM

2 more sleeps and i’m playing on the Old :0)

The pictures are getting me way too excited Ocat !

How did you go today Jetset. I cut greens this morning and the northerly was pretty strong even at 6am, must of been a tough day out there

#39 zenobia

zenobia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:19 AM

Awesome course, can't wait to play it again some day, IMO one of the best in australia.

#40 jetset

jetset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:33 AM

2 more sleeps and i’m playing on the Old :0)

The pictures are getting me way too excited Ocat !

How did you go today Jetset. I cut greens this morning and the northerly was pretty strong even at 6am, must of been a tough day out there

It was a tough day in that wind and it rated 76! I had a complete shocker Ocat! Our first flight out of Sydney got cancelled and our 2nd one was delayed by 3 hours so instead of getting the national at 11 am for a nice practise, light lunch, smell the flowers before golf, we arrived in a rush at 2.15 pm on tee at 2.17 pm no swings, mad rush and played like a drain all the way round with 5 wipes 2 birdies and 29 points off 5 ! Course was in magnificent condition and the greens were deadly as usual. Played the Moonah next morning and that was in top condition too and scored OK and the Ocean in the Pm which greens weren't as good as the others. Did you core the greens on the Old on Monday ? Should of done the Ocean instead as the Old's were pure!

#41 NellyJamba

NellyJamba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:58 AM

I had the priviledge to play at The Nationals old course yesterday with ocat. Thanks ocat. The pictures here were good, but the course just had to be seen to believe. Besides the fact that it is a consistently top ranked course, the way that the designer RTJ had been able to leverage on the contour of the Mornington National Park and views over bay was simply amazing. I think it was hole 18 where at certain angles, I thought the bunkers were lined up in front of the green. It was deceptive but not in a punishing way. The greens design were exceptional. There were just so many possibilities of where to place the pin. Ocat explained to me that on some days when they decide to double-roll the greens, it can play extremely fast such that a tap on the 7th can roll the ball of the greens. Multi-tiered and spined greens were also a signature to this course, and all maticulously manicured. I have a video of ocat massive drive on the par 5 17th and will upload it here soon. We used a Sure Shot to measure it at 300m. Was that correct ocat because you only left 191m to the green. I only wished I had played better yesterday to do justice to this course.

#42 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:40 AM

Ha thanks NellyJamba. Yeah that tee shot clocked in at 296m then a 3 iron on and then another great 3 putt! ha ha. It's a shame we couldn't have the greens a bit better, they were very slow and bumpy while still recovering from the recent coring. It will be funny to see that video of my tee shot on 17. I murdered that sucker, but i did lose my balance quite badly, ha! Glad you enjoyed it mate

#43 happytoshoot90

happytoshoot90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:13 AM

when are hooking the rest of us up Ocat?

#44 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:29 AM

Wasn't as bad as i thought, still look a bit stiff in the back

#45 NellyJamba

NellyJamba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:46 AM

I wished iphone has a ball tracker application that draws the line of the ball flight, like those we see on USPGA. How did you manage to link the video that way? I was trying it last night but couldn't get it to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users