130 replies to this topic

#1 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:04 AM

Just thought i'd share some pics of the National Old Course i took the other day while cruising around on the fairway mower. We are leading up to tournament week and getting the course ready and looking mickey mouse

#2 Johncantplay

Johncantplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:13 AM

Jeez, more stripes than a zebra crossing... Spectacular, but must be a nice job, stopping all the time to take holiday snaps...........

#3 Johncantplay

Johncantplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:14 AM

And weren't you the guy who said rakes should be in bunkers cos of the time wasted moving them ?

#4 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:28 AM

F-L-U-S-H

#5 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:28 AM

And weren’t you the guy who said rakes should be in bunkers cos of the time wasted moving them ?

Ha you got me there, i didn't have to get off the mower to take these pics, unlike moving those pesky rakes!

#6 Curly_Quinn

Curly_Quinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:53 AM

AWESOME.......... BTW, when are you going to set fire to that dero clubhouse?

#7 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:18 AM

Which one, the new one or the old clubhouse, ha. There's talk of making it into townhouses, but i rather like the old one even though it's not used anymore, it gives the course a bit of character. IMO the new clubhouse has the feeling of a coles supermarket at midnight, blah.........

#8 Golfer239

Golfer239

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:47 AM

Good one looks very nice indeed. All credit to the Course Super and all his staff, Well done! Golf courses don't look the part without tremendous amounts of dedication and hard work by those few who are often unfairly criticised and rarely praised in my view for their efforts.

#9 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8957 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:58 AM

Bump Look at that and know why we have preferred lies. You available for hire? I think you might be able to teach our "greenkeeper" a thing or two.

#10 dribadawo

dribadawo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1815 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:14 AM

Should mow it in spiral patterns, like the ground on fridays T20

#11 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:40 AM

Bump
Look at that and know why we have preferred lies. You available for hire? I think you might be able to teach our “greenkeeper” a thing or two.

Don't be too critical of other course supers. We have a massive budget and pretty much unlimited water. The club just recently purchased outright 3 brand new Toro fairway mowers at $65,000 each, that's the kind of budget i'm talking about

#12 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8957 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:00 AM

I know what you are talking about, our equipment budget wouldn't even buy the wheels

#13 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:01 AM

Took this in Aug 07 when we installed the new irrigation system on the old course. Contractor not paying attention while driving down the 5th fairway. Another bloke did the same thing about a week later

#14 mackie

mackie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:20 AM

looks in great condition , well done. One of the hardest walks of a golf course i have ever done, absolutely brutal, now i know why the pro laughed when we said we didn't need carts....

#15 KitFisto

KitFisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:46 AM

The Old is extremely under rated. And it is walkable. If anything, I find the Moonah more exhausting to walk.

Took this in Aug 07 when we installed the new irrigation system on the old course. Contractor not paying attention while driving down the 5th fairway. Another bloke did the same thing about a week later

Do you have any pics of the Merc in the bunker from a few years back?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users