26 replies to this topic

#16 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3356 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

I understand that The property is probably going to be sold. The members only own playing rights not the business. So their members have probably done the money they paid for the shares cold.

#17 Takeitasread

Takeitasread

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

Still on the bay upwards $20 K

Tell him he’s dreaming

They may as well put memberships on ebay at $20 million if they like, because they won't sell. $20, however, might get a taker.

#18 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3356 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:19 AM

Still on the bay upwards $20 K

Tell him he’s dreaming

They may as well put memberships on ebay at $20 million if they like, because they won’t sell. $20, however, might get a taker.

Nah by the time you pay the transfer fee as well it will be too much to risk

#19 HotPies

HotPies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:25 AM

If you have a hunt around on Ebay, you can find Sandhurst membership for under $100. Remember they paid around $17,500 for that share and happy to off load it fot that !!!

#20 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:34 AM

Any one want to get out of their membership desperately in THeritage G&CC or a hotel room, or house, let me know. I'm interested.

#21 Takeitasread

Takeitasread

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:59 AM

Any one want to get out of their membership desperately in THeritage G&CC or a hotel room, or house, let me know.
I’m interested.

ellimb

You are clearly in charge of the Marketing, PR and general spin for HGCC. Hopefully next week turns out well for you all out there.

#22 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:32 AM

ellimb – how are matters progressing at your Club?

What are memberships selling for today? annual subs., catering levies, etc.

Memberships are of course not selling now due to the 'unknown'. The subs are the same $3700 p.a. no bar levies. No need to, as lots of 19th hole players there. No, not Tiger's 19th type. The subs are still rolling in to maintain the courses and provide services. If you are free, drive there and stop to have a look. It is not a stuck up club and probably be address G'day ! Best conditions at this time of the year (end of summer) in St. Johns for the past 4 years. The Henley is not as good and due mainly to the poorer conditions of the rough and bunkers. There is a fair share of corporate days as there are two courses but not on Sat. or Wed. (still pulling in money) I wish I'm in charge of marketing but if someone just want to 'get out' of their property there, I may be able to help. Cheers and enjoy The Masters and The Pacific. Have a Hoegaarden

#23 Casualgolfer

Casualgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

Any updates on how matters are progressing?

#24 Takeitasread

Takeitasread

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

Any one want to get out of their membership desperately in THeritage G&CC or a hotel room, or house, let me know.
I’m interested.

ellimb

Yep, two of my mates want to get out deperately. They paid $30K each for their memberships but would be delighted if you cough up $25K

#25 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:59 AM

For $25K I'm sure they will be extreme delighted.

#26 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:29 AM

To secure the members right of HGCC, members are forming a trust to buy it. Takeitasread, your mates may be up for another $5K to 10K depending how much the receiver will sell. As I'm a member there now, I do not need another but will look at Life membership. Cheers

#27 Hypergolf

Hypergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:01 PM

Here is my update on Heritage Golf. I played there yesterday and due to the heat we had to cart it. Played the St. John's course. Some general positives and negatives before I go into further details.

Positives

• Some memorable holes and fantastic layout. Definitely more interesting compared to Eastern in terms of design. I really liked hole 9, index 1, par 5 where the whole of left side was water. Definitely reachable in 2 if you are long driver and have nerve of steel to attack the pin with 3 or 5 wood into a small landing area which are guarded by bunkers. Anther memorable hole was hole #12. Quite intimidating yet beautiful scene at the same time off the tee. Downhill tee shot, par 5 but miss right and you will be in the water.
  • Cart is only $25 compared to $40 at Eastern. However, I think I would definitely rent the cart more often at Heritage as it can get quite hilly.
  • Sports shop is beginning to stock up on latest equipments and apparels, which is a good sign.
  • Ownership has been transferred from the ex-wife to the ex-husband, which means it will be overseen by someone who can run a golf course. Heritage Golf also hired operations director from Eastern Golf to revamp the course.
  • Definitely less flies compared to Eastern.

Negatives

• Signage to the club house should be more clearly labelled. It was quite a maze to reach the club house.
  • Toilet stinks of urine... Towels everywhere... Should get hygene factor under control in the locker rooms.
  • Driving range is located far away from the club house... Not a major issue but not very convenient for access. Also need to clean the driving range area as there were empty sandwich boxes rolling around the area. 
  • Some of the greens need lots of work. Pitch marks everywhere. Some greens were good but some were not. Need to be more consistent.
  • They should replace all sand bunker rakes. They don't work.
  • I would not pay $375 monthly membership fee to play at this course. Heritage Golf should have a reality check and bring down their fees to low $200-ish in order to attract back members while getting the course in good condition once again. There are currently 350 members at Heritage so first target should be to increase membership number to get some life into the course. The whole place looked very empty and dead.
  • They did a good job in trimming the thick rough which used to be a few meters tall, but they should get rid of the rough that have been cut instead of leaving them on the course...
  • They should have watered the green in the morning. Active water spingklers at the green prevented us from putting until they rotated away from our direction which was quite annoying.

Overall, I would rate this course around 6.5 out of 10 at the current state. For comparison purposes I would rate Eastern Golf around 8 out of 10. I would definitely not switch over from Eastern to Heritage at the current stage but I definitely would play this course again in the future due to their interesting layout. However, if things were to improve and they were to bring down their membership fee to a realistic figure, I could consider moving over to this course. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users