28 replies to this topic

#1 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4359 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:23 PM

the heritage in yarra valley Melbourne would be my fav , set in rolling hills, they don't come much better than this, have played their a couple of times on corporate days http://www.hgcc.com.au/

#2 spooky

spooky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

The St Johns course really is a good fun course to play, I like it a lot. Didnt like the Henly at all however....The whole setup there is top notch.

#3 makadokas

makadokas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

I agree the St Johns course is the standout of the two. When there is plenty of water the Henley plays a bit tougher as it comes into play a lot. I love Heritage and just wish I could get on more often.

#4 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:04 PM

Do golfers from NSW, Queensland and other states know or have opinion about The Heritage ? Just interested in interstate golfers' opinion.

#5 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:58 AM

Played at St Johns about a year ago, best course I've ever played on

#6 Casualgolfer

Casualgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:24 AM

What is the current price of a membership?

#7 HotPies

HotPies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

Your share will set you back around $20 - $30 K and yearly dues of around $3000 if I'm not wrong

#8 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:22 AM

$3700 pa. similar to RM

#9 IDGolfguy

IDGolfguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1344 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:43 AM

Great course, have played it once as a reciprocal member of the Vines. Nicklaus designed course - can't say much else.

#10 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:49 AM

Hey golfers in other states, not Victorians. Have you guys heard of The Heritage ? Each hole at St. Johns is unique and requires thinking. Some nice views. It's abit of a tough course, if playing from gold tees. Easy from blue tees but off the BLACK pro tees, I don't know but black tees are only used for Friday the 13th when the winner gets 3 bottles of Black Label, then 2 for runner up and one for second runner up. I will try the ne3xt time comes Friday the 13th ! Great idea to stay at the Sebel, play golf and also see the Yarra Valley vineyards. Also Tony Cashmore have designed the Henley, a link course on the 2nd 18. But you need to play a few times before you appreciate this course because of some blind landing areas from the tees. I'm a happy member and like tp spread the word as it is actually a public access course thru the Mirvac group of hotels.

#11 KitFisto

KitFisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:24 AM

I’m a happy member and like tp spread the word as it is actually a public access course thru the Mirvac group of hotels.
What is the story with the transferable memberships? The subs are bloody high - does that inlcude a large catering levy or something similar. And personally I found the St John course to be a largely uninspiring long dull slog. Yet to hear anything about the Henly course, good or bad, which is unusual given it has been open for some time now.

#12 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

KitFisto You must have a bad game at St. Johns. How many balls did you lose ? New high hcp expect to lose ave. 8 balls. per round. Off the gold tee it is certainly long. Many medals game were at ccr of 76 !!!! And the bunkers, if your are short of the greens on a certain greens like 4th, 8th, 10 th (angled water hazard not bunker) you be in the hazards. But off the blue, on a benign day ccr 71. Did you lose your ball at the par 3, 11th CLIFF hole ? It has an angled creek/lake water hazard. I'm still having problem playing this hole after 28 months but have had birdies and also 10 stroke on this hole during medal. 170 m. and with head wind !!! Gosh you need to lay up to the fairway and if you pull, there is a OB above the cliff. Next hole 12th par 5 elevated tee with a great view of the valley. All holes are pretty unique ie. no 2 are similar. Henley ? There is a group of 4 who will always play at The Henley every Saturdays. Sometimes in the evening, you may be the only one on the course. I suppose it the same in the Ocean course in National. Great contrast with no flat lie and undulating greens.

#13 Casualgolfer

Casualgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

ellimb - how are matters progressing at your Club? What are memberships selling for today? annual subs., catering levies, etc.

#14 Takeitasread

Takeitasread

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:43 PM

It would be safe to assume that memberships would not be selling too well at this stage.

#15 HotPies

HotPies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

Still on the bay upwards $20 K Tell him he's dreaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users