Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:00 AM

Murwillambah in far north NSW. Its the bee's knees! =) Eek

#77 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20012 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

Great little track Myrtleford, with one short par four set around the scenic vista of the local speedway from memory. I'd question the number of pubs in Myrtleford, however its a very worthy contender nevertheless. A track to truly be enjoyed on a crisp autumn afternoon.

#78 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20012 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:52 PM

Guys & Girls, I truly am impressed by the thought, depth and variety of responses to my original thread. You have thrown up some wonderful examples from all corners of the nation including one from Norfolk Island from memory. Like me, I hope that in your travels around this wide brown land, you get the time to pause along the way and take some respite in these beautiful golfing oasis that you have taken the time and trouble to name and praise. I have already enjoyed more than a few of your suggested courses, but can now also look forward to experiencing more hidden gems when next I travel. A huge thanks to one and all, and I hope you have enjoyed both reading and contributing to the thread so far. I'll keep my eyes open for more hidden gem contributions.

#79 AlexMc

AlexMc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1903 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:20 AM

Murwillambah in far north NSW.

Its the bee’s knees!

=)

Eek

Fails the two pub test, but probably the best course in this post thus far.

#80 CT1982

CT1982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

Trentham north west of Melbourne is a great track, always seems to be in great nick, beautiful surroundings, on course traffic pretty good too. I enjoyed it that much I became a member not too long ago.

#81 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20012 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

Trentham north west of Melbourne is a great track, always seems to be in great nick, beautiful surroundings, on course traffic pretty good too. I enjoyed it that much I became a member not too long ago.

Was up your way over the new year, but unfortunately never got to play Trentham. Saw the sign to Trentham a couple of times when out and about, and almost made the turn to go there. Played at Hepburn a couple of times instead and that was good course, but do want to get up there as by all accounts, you have a lovely course there.

#82 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:28 AM

Any one here played Lang Lang (No, not the Chinese pianist) and Leongatha Golf club ? If, yes how do these two courses compare ?

#83 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37952 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:38 AM

Any one here played Lang Lang (No, not the Chinese pianist) and Leongatha Golf club ? If, yes how do these two courses compare ?

ellimb

Ellimb, I've played Lang Lang on a number of ocassions but Not Leongatha unfortunately. Sorry I can't compare them but if you haven't played Lang Lang it's not the worst country course in Vic and fairly tight. Not sure if you've played one and not the other and therefore you want the comparison or intend to play both, depending on any comments you get??

#84 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:53 AM

Thinking of joining Leongatha Golf and have played Lang Lang but not play Leongatha. That's the reason.

#85 Scarab66

Scarab66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:00 AM

Broadford just out of Melbourne is worth a mention. Played there over Xmas and found it in great nic. Greens were brilliant and at 15 bucks for 18 wont find to many cheaper

#86 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:34 AM

Broadford just out of Melbourne is worth a mention. Played there over Xmas and found it in great nic. Greens were brilliant and at 15 bucks for 18 wont find to many cheaper

second that, had a hit there last week for the first time.

#87 Johncantplay

Johncantplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

I have played both Lang Lang & Leongatha & while both are really interesting tracks, Leongatha gets my vote easily as the pick of the 2. Lang Lang is tight ( as already suggested ) but has a couple of quirky holes that don't enthuse me greatly. Some of the doglegs are so sharp ( 8 & 14 ), if you are unsure of what is over the trees, you are left guessing. Leongatha seems to have plenty of left to right doglegs for the right handed fader. It is a real test of golf too, quite a lot of difficult holes, but mixed with some shorter holes too. It is almost always in magnificent condition, an absolute credit to the club as I understand they operate with only 2 groundstaff !!! The natural heathland around the course & the dominant trees almost make being offline not so annoying. As for a vote for favourite small town course, throw Heathcote in for me.

#88 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:47 AM

Tks John can play Appreciate your comment

#89 teeshot23

teeshot23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

Bermagui is very good course for a small town , and a challenge too

#90 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25258 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:31 PM

I played Lorne Vic in Jan. Quite a nice course, tricky in spots. 9 hole with about 12 tees. Greens were good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users