117 replies to this topic

#61 GOLFTAS

GOLFTAS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:26 AM

longford golf club tasmania honesty box near 1st tee 11 holes last 2 holes are 17 and 18 to finish club house 6004 meters long

#62 Deadlast

Deadlast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:19 AM

Coomealla – Dareton S.W. NSW – Good design, always good condition and plays extremely tough. It’s truly a classic Australian country golf course set amongst the huge gums with the Murray river meandering by, roos lazing in the shade and cold cold beer on a hot day.

Yes must agree, I started golf at Coomealla around 14 years ago. It is very similar to the Yarrawonga murray course only tighter, certainly worth a hit if you are up around Mildura.

#63 wicklow

wicklow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

Yeah, I'd agree with Calderwood. It's beautiful and qualifies... it doesn't even have a town attached to it, just built into the bottom of the escarpment. Albion Park is closest... bout 3 mins away.

#64 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

Maggie Island has a good litte 9 hole course, played there in march this year & enjoyed it

All you get from looking back is a bad neck!!

Not a bad track that one. Another just outside Mackay is Pioneer Valley. 18 hole course, 4 or 5 fairly plain holes but some of the others are very well laid out & a good test of course management.

#65 Chanceman

Chanceman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:13 AM

Lang Lang - the Augusta of Gippsland

#66 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38117 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:41 AM

I wouldn't go that far Chanceman. Are you talking about the long driveway amongst the trees to the club house, as a comparison??? Don't get me wrong, I've played there heaps but Augusta it's not.

#67 subyroo

subyroo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:12 AM

Another vote here for Woodford.

#68 Chanceman

Chanceman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:56 AM

I wouldn’t go that far Chanceman. Are you talking about the long driveway amongst the trees to the club house, as a comparison???

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve played there heaps but Augusta it’s not.

You should never miss the putt coming back.

2009 ISG Castlemaine Day – Handicap winner. (By default)

http://www.gippswebs.com.au...

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

quite right too. no gum trees at Augusta.

#69 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8953 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:37 AM

Okay whilst everybody else is self promoting I had better get into the act as well. Coonabarabran for mine, fails slightly on the 2 Pub test, but has a very challenging 9 hole/18 tee grass green golf course. Which incidentally after 13 plus inches of rain looks sensational, bit of a shame about some of the damage caused during all the rain but nothing that can't be fixed. Course is playing its full 6190 mtrs plus, no run at all at present. Oh yes it also has an honesty box, great cold beer and an annual fee of $165.00.

#70 Tgolf

Tgolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:11 AM

I'd give Coonabarabran the thumbs up too although it has been many years since I played it. I was impressed with the variety that the club achieved with it's second set of tees. Par fours became par fives etc etc. As well as that the hospitality, especially on open days was, like most of the clubs in Western NSW absolutely terrific. Cheers Ken

#71 Deadlast

Deadlast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

Myrtleford is also a nice little track I played several years ago. I think I paid $5 for the round & the push buggy was free. It has some ripping holes for such a small town golf course.

#72 zenobia

zenobia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:05 PM

nullunbuy in nt, small nine holes but very tough, and a great place to enjoy a brew after the game.

#73 iseekcricket_AFLguru

iseekcricket_AFLguru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

Barwon Heads is a pretty small town with a couple of decent courses.

#74 scOeee

scOeee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

Anglesea - Busy this time of year but top course! (PS This is a very biased opinion!) Peterborough VIC - Great little course! If your taking the mrs for a drive to see the 12 Apostles, be sure to chuck the clubs in the back and check out this little gem.

#75 brisbanedrive

brisbanedrive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:47 AM

Wynyard in Tasmania is a great 9 holer, it is always in great condition, it is right beside the ocean with some great holes that can play differently depending on wind. It has great bunkering and major variations in types of holes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users