117 replies to this topic

#16 Curly_Quinn

Curly_Quinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:14 AM

Harden, NSW. Used to host the “Australasian 2 man Ambrose Championship”. Not sure if it still does. Great little country track.

Yeah it doesn't happen anymore. The sponsor was the local Ford dealer. I played in it a few times too. Good event. Saw a bloke have a hole in one on the 8th to win a car from the dealer who failed to honour it. Matter went to court and was settled out of court.

#17 ozbrother

ozbrother

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:19 AM

Narrandera is about an hour (100km) west of Wagga. Haven't played there for a few years, but what a great track. It used to regularly make the Aussie top 100 (not sure these days)... Hidden away and not much traffic in the way of players. A great lay-out and the condition has been terrific every time I've played there. I reckon if you transplanted a course like that to Sydney you'd pay a small fortune to play there.

#18 craig60

craig60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:57 AM

Hey ozbrother, Narrandera is only 60k's from me and I can tell you that is has great tee's, good greens, but not a single blade of grass between them. They have had large water supply problems in the last few years the same as most of our courses out this way, it's been a drought out here for 10 years now.

#19 Cal

Cal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:16 AM

I'll give Yamba a tick also... It's pretty well frequented though. Also Tenterfield punches above its weight.

#20 deano

deano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:11 AM

Wellington GC in NSW is good as mentioned. Kempsey GC and South West Rocks NSW are also worth a mention.

#21 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38117 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:27 AM

I'll put in a vote for my course. It has an honesty box for quieter times of the week, it has one pub and the population isn't huge. It only has one set of traffic lights (on the highway) but I wouldn't be crossing it without looking. Lots of passing through, traffic but once you start heading out to the course you could cross without looking. And have I told you how great the course is??

#22 craig60

craig60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

I’ll put in a vote for my course. It has an honesty box for quieter times of the week, it has one pub and the population isn’t huge. It only has one set of traffic lights (on the highway) but I wouldn’t be crossing it without looking. Lots of passing through, traffic but once you start heading out to the course you could cross without looking.

And have I told you how great the course is??

You should never miss the putt coming back.

2009 ISG Castlemaine Day – Handicap winner. (By default)

http://www.gippswebs.com.au...

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Francie you not only did not tell us how good the course is you did not tell us where it is.

#23 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38117 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:24 AM

I’ll put in a vote for my course. It has an honesty box for quieter times of the week, it has one pub and the population isn’t huge. It only has one set of traffic lights (on the highway) but I wouldn’t be crossing it without looking. Lots of passing through, traffic but once you start heading out to the course you could cross without looking.

And have I told you how great the course is??

You should never miss the putt coming back.

2009 ISG Castlemaine Day – Handicap winner. (By default)

http://www.gippswebs.com.au…

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Francie you not only did not tell us how good the course is you did not tell us where it is.

All you get from looking back is a bad neck!!

LOL. Wondered whether I'd get someone telling me I go on about it too much. (See other topics) Have a look at my attached link Craig. It's Trafalgar in country Vic and I'm biased but it is in great nick, never gets wet where it's unplayable and it's very fair now as the "powers that be" have cleared a lot of the undergrowth and trees. Greens are medium fast and you very rarely have to wait for more than 20 minutes to hit off.

#24 makadokas

makadokas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:26 AM

Leongatha, in Gippsland. I think it qualifies because it is nowhere near leongatha, but is in the middle of nowhere carved out of some thick and nasty forest

#25 ernhendo

ernhendo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:04 AM

In Victoria, Gippsland, Trafalgar sensational

#26 Slappa

Slappa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:02 AM

Crescent Head for me. Love those holes hitting over the ocean, and you dont even have to wear a shirt!

#27 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12714 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:10 AM

Bless ya Slap, hope u turn pro soon

#28 KitFisto

KitFisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:21 AM

Narracoorte

#29 KitFisto

KitFisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:22 AM

Meningie and Kingston SE were worth a look on the way up to Adelaide as well.

#30 AlexMc

AlexMc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1903 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:08 AM

Both Wellington and Tenterfield fail the "two pub maximum" criteria but are fair tracks - Wello is a good layout let down by lack of money to properly look after the course. Tenterfield is a good course period. Camden Haven at Kew was a pretty good course back in the day.Not sure now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users