55 replies to this topic

#46 armygolf

armygolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3786 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:24 AM

Played end of last month. A very nice golf course, hidden gem of the west. They have a $50 deal going this month too that I might take advantage of. Must be tight on the $$

#47 PowerFade87

PowerFade87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:06 AM

What is this $50 deal you speak of?

#48 armygolf

armygolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3786 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:37 AM

What is this $50 deal you speak of?

I get their latest email updates on my work computer, certain days in May have a $50 deal include cart I think. Call the shop and have a chat.

#49 PowerFade87

PowerFade87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:19 AM

Cheers.

#50 armygolf

armygolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3786 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:28 AM

Nice deal on at the moment, $75 a game plus cart, range balls, and a lunch pack...avail 7 days a week, subject to tee time availability. RUns till Sept 12th.

#51 Proulx

Proulx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:57 AM

I also received that email. Will give it a go in the next few weeks. Only played the track once but it was superb. Bit of a drive though, however well worth it.

#52 armygolf

armygolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3786 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:22 AM

Twin Creeks have membership option at present, $4k join, $2600 per annum. if you one of the first 25 to join you get a $1000 off join and 10 free passes for your mates. Not bad deal.

#53 PowerFade87

PowerFade87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

Played there on the weekend. What a great track, a great challenge. The fairways are probably not in the best condition, they are a bit hard/dry which is weird considering all the rain. But can't be too critical, definitely a superb course. Practice facilities are A-Class. Hopefully get to play a few more rounds as I have some friends who are members.

#54 Real_Madrid

Real_Madrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

I played there yesterday. Good track hopefully it plays a bit better when it greens right up. How good was the practice green.

#55 Andrew_S

Andrew_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

From what I've been told by the staff, the grass on the fairway doesn't like the cold weather. It actually goes dormant, hence the brown/green colour. As we're getting some warmer weather it is expected to return to normal. Definitely a great membership option for anyone looking to join a quality course (yes I am a member).

#56 COBRA

COBRA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:58 PM

I played there yesterday. Good track hopefully it plays a bit better when it greens right up. How good was the practice green.

Taylormade Supertri 9.5deg
Taylormade R9 15deg fairway
Taylormade 09 TP Resuce 19deg
Mizuno mp52 3-pw
Titleist 52/08 & 56/11 Tour Chrome
Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Amazing that so called experts label everything a goat track if it doesnt look like the courses they see on TV !!!!! Twin creeks is a great track with a good testing layout that when set up right can test the best I have played there when the winning score was 32pts ,Brutal The fact that we are just coming out of winter when couch goes dormant especially when hit by frost and then the August winds which dry out all ground cover with consistent 15-20kph winds over a period of 2-3 weeks will naturally affect any course. They are also on limited water like most Sydney courses. I note you are from Ashlar but when you move to the new layout you better get used to these seasonal conditions as the area you will be moving to is very similar in conditions to twin creeks, in fact go and have a look now as will be in the same nick as twin creeks Golf in Australia is very much affected by the seasons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users