55 replies to this topic

#16 Andrew_S

Andrew_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:31 AM

Hi bencam, I haven't played at TC before but have heard nothing but great things about it. I have a current Sydney membership (cheapy) at the moment, but after having a thoroughly enjoyable round at Mac Links recently (where they offer a provisional membership, similar in essence to the leasing option) I'm not ruling anything out. Shoot me an email if you want to discuss further. andrewsingh1 at gmail dot com Cheers Andrew

#17 COBRA

COBRA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

Its more or less in Mt Druitt. must be a taxi driver!!!! we have erskine park , st clair,colyton and minchinbury and at least 10ks between the course and mt druitt Its located in Luddenham which is part of Liverpool Council area actually has good potential good course

#18 yostyue

yostyue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

MrBird,

I do lease a membership and it costs about $2,200 p.a. I’ve done it for about 3 years as a ‘second’ course.

I play the occassional comp there buts its more of a course where you can get on on a Saturday arvo (normally hardly anyone around)and play with mates for some $$$. Sundays are as dead as as well!

The facilities there are top notch. The bacon ‘n’ egg rolls are worth the journey in itself.

I have no info re when Troons mangement agreement runs out but I suspect if/when it does the course may suffer.

I assume a lot of the ‘members’ also lease their memberships so this mya also cause grief if people pull the pin.

I’d do it for a year and see for yourself.

Great course. just played as a member's guest yesterday. green is at very good condition. can u pls explain how the leasing works? if you lease out ur membership, how can you still have the right to play as a member? except the location, (1 hour drive is too far for me) everthing was great.

#19 beaumont

beaumont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:05 AM

played today. excellent course. well layed out and perfect distances (black). bunkers are a huge "feature" of this course and the tees and greens are immaculate to say the least. pleasant course to play and be on. note: be straight with the drives otherwise anything else will be minimum bogey. also be accurate on the wedges, easy three putt if long on putts...

#20 bencam

bencam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

can u pls explain how the leasing works? if you lease out ur membership, how can you still have the right to play as a member?

like many of the newer courses its a member equity setup meaning you buy an effective share which gives you rights to membership but there are still annual fees. If you are going to be overseas, injured or want a break from golf you can choose to lease your membership out a nominee who pays the annual fees and gets the membership rights - you still hold the share in your name. Beyond this the share itself can be resold if you want to get out of the club altogether.

#21 MrBird

MrBird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

like most things it's worth whatever the next guy is willing to pay for...know a few guys who took up corporate membership at macq links when it was still owned by Clubcorp. Clubcorp sold macq links together with all the courses arounf the world (except Pinehurst) now the membership is worth pretty close to nothing. I've heard about about long term investing but.....

#22 bevo1372662726

bevo1372662726

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

Played there December 4 and I thought it was awesome. Very nice course, great layout, nice fairways and great greens. Is my favourite course now (adimittedly I haven't played at many good courses).

#23 yostyue

yostyue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:19 AM

like most things it’s worth whatever the next guy is willing to pay for…know a few guys who took up corporate membership at macq links when it was still owned by Clubcorp. Clubcorp sold macq links together with all the courses arounf the world (except Pinehurst) now the membership is worth pretty close to nothing.

I’ve heard about about long term investing but…..

what exactly happened to Macq links? i heard now the owner is an indian company. i have a mate is a member there. he would quit very soon. that means $30 k money waste

#24 armygolf

armygolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3786 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:03 AM

The word is the pro shop is being converted to a Quik-e-mart

#25 menatwork

menatwork

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:10 AM

Hi there, Im frm Malaysia. My friends and i are planning to go to Sydney in end May for a golf vacation (4 rounds). Got Gimmegolf to arrange our bookings. They suggested to play at Twin Creeks, Camden Lakeside, Riverside Oaks and St Micheal's. Hows the conditions of these courses? Any other recommendations? ( Courses got to be around 1 hour frm Sydney CBD). Thanks.

#26 MrBird

MrBird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:33 AM

Hi there,
Im frm Malaysia. My friends and i are planning to go to Sydney in end May for a golf vacation (4 rounds). Got Gimmegolf to arrange our bookings. They suggested to play at Twin Creeks, Camden Lakeside, Riverside Oaks and St Micheal’s. Hows the conditions of these courses?
Any other recommendations? ( Courses got to be around 1 hour frm Sydney CBD).

Thanks.

They're all nice courses if you only have 4 rounds planned. St Michael is on the coastline. The other 3 are inland but will take a bit more than 1 hour travelling from CBD (not an issue if you have transfer organised). For similar prices I would play Macquarie Links over Riverside Oaks. FYi - There are no caddie service at the courses mentioned.

#27 shory1

shory1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

Will be playing there this Sunday. We are paying $85 wich includes warm up balls on the range , $20 food/drink voucher and a sleeve of callaway balls. Havent played there before so im really looking forward to it. Had a look on the website , gee they have some bunkers, think i better pack my shovel .

#28 COBRA

COBRA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:40 AM

Will be playing there this Sunday.
We are paying $85 wich includes warm up balls on the range , $20 food/drink voucher and a sleeve of callaway balls.
Havent played there before so im really looking forward to it.
Had a look on the website , gee they have some bunkers, think i better pack my shovel .

Shory If you can get a google earth shot of the course to take with you or do what I did and set up a little booklet with each hole and some distances (too much time on my hands ) will let you know about any surprises that will get you Yes there is some sand holes 1,2,8,9,10,11,12, come to mind as particularly nasty with this recent rain course and hazards should be in great nick enjoy the day ,you will go back

#29 COBRA

COBRA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:41 AM

Will be playing there this Sunday.
We are paying $85 wich includes warm up balls on the range , $20 food/drink voucher and a sleeve of callaway balls.
Havent played there before so im really looking forward to it.
Had a look on the website , gee they have some bunkers, think i better pack my shovel .

Shory If you can get a google earth shot of the course to take with you or do what I did and set up a little booklet with each hole and some distances (too much time on my hands ) will let you know about any surprises that will get you Yes there is some sand holes 1,2,8,9,10,11,12, come to mind as particularly nasty with this recent rain course and hazards should be in great nick enjoy the day ,you will go back

#30 KristianJ

KristianJ

Oranges!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2048 posts
  • LocationPenrith, NSW

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

Shory, I forgot that I have a course guide for Twin Creeks that I got with the voucher I mentioned on Thursday. You're welcome to borrow it if you're still going

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users