55 replies to this topic

#1 MrBird

MrBird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:24 AM

Can anyone (member)provide an update on the course? Mate was going to join but pulled out after playing there last weekend - the course was in terrible condition.

#2 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3358 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:28 AM

It was a better than decent course attached to a nice real estate development when it opened. But I am not surprised that things have gone South. Its more or less in Mt Druitt. So unless it can pretty much get the quota of members it needs from the adoining estate its a bit of a risk. Its not really located in the right kind of area to attract lots of people who would will willing to pony up the right kind of dough to play. And bear in mind that those who live close by and have that kind of cash would already have an investment in membership somewhere else.

#3 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:31 PM

Unless the condition has drastically changed in the last 4-6 weeks you should maybe ask your mate if the course he played was in fact Twin Creeks. If it was TC's he played they did core their greens recently (like most clubs) and perhaps he played after they had just been sanded??? Ignoring the location and the slow property sales (like every other golf residential development at present), the course is in great nick. Without being a G up the greens are some of the best around, great surfaces and as true as! Aesthetically the course may not be to everyone's liking with that semi rural and heavy bunkering theme. If you keep it on the short stuff though you will have no issues. I personally wouldn't pay the full entrance fee of $22k (that is way too much), but you can lease a membership each year by just paying the yearly subs. It is managed by Troon (for how long no one knows) but under their management you can be sure of it being prsented to a high standard.

#4 MrBird

MrBird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:21 AM

LOL...is there another Twin Creeks in WA? Played there twice myself so when i found out he was planning to join (lease membership) i thought ....great!!! But those were his opinion which i know are accurate. Probably a sign of the times but they're allowing a back door entry (leasing) into the membership without the 'joining fee' or property purchase. Macquarie Links has the same option Yeah all (most) Troon managed courses are usually in good nick, thus I was most surprised with his comment. TC has always positioned itself differently...ie minimum quarter acre blocks which i thought was a bit of a fail safe, but given the last 18mths, may not be enough. Nikey ho..you are member? If so, more insight please...

#5 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

MrBird, I do lease a membership and it costs about $2,200 p.a. I've done it for about 3 years as a 'second' course. I play the occassional comp there buts its more of a course where you can get on on a Saturday arvo (normally hardly anyone around)and play with mates for some $$$. Sundays are as dead as as well! The facilities there are top notch. The bacon 'n' egg rolls are worth the journey in itself. I have no info re when Troons mangement agreement runs out but I suspect if/when it does the course may suffer. I assume a lot of the 'members' also lease their memberships so this mya also cause grief if people pull the pin. I'd do it for a year and see for yourself.

#6 Hussy

Hussy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:53 AM

Played there a couple of months ago and I thought it was brilliant. Superb condition, good staff and great layout. A1 course in my opinion. (Twin Creeks NSW I am talking about)

#7 MrBird

MrBird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

Thanks Nikey Ho...has the leasing option always been available?

#8 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

Like a lot of the resort style courses in Vic they were brought in to supplement membership revenue. Initially they were actually 'leasing' someones membership but nowadays I think its just a case of paying the annual subs and you become a member for that year. i.e) There doesn't need to be an available membership for you to lease. In TC's case I'm not sure whatever possed them to charge $22k for membership (they still do btw). Most clubs are struggling to attract members and when TC's opened the economy was still full steam ahead. If they had priced it correctly they would have double the members and they'd be sweet.

#9 Proulx

Proulx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:12 AM

Beautiful course, fun to play, staff and clubhouse great. Just the bloody location is the issue! I could play there week in week out and not get bored, but tolls and petrol would hurt

#10 MrBird

MrBird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:00 AM

Notice TC has a pretty good special running - $95 incl $20 food voucher and a sleeve of callaways

#11 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:23 AM

Is that the open day comp or every day?

#12 MrBird

MrBird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:59 PM

That's just social, but comp is open to visitors ($110). I remember only paying $55 the last time, admiittedly I was a guest of a member.

#13 Waggle

Waggle

Chopper.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1751 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

In 20 years time it's location will be perfect with housing developments planned for all around the area. It's just a shame that they are currently asking way too much for memberships. Its in the western suburbs of Sydney, how many people do they think can currently fork out $22k in this economic climate?

#14 MrBird

MrBird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:08 PM

even if one could afford the $22k, why would you bother given the leasing option.

#15 bencam

bencam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:02 AM

MrBird - I'm a member there and rate it as one of the better facilities in Sydney as an overall package (course, facilities, clubhouse, staff etc). Was out there this morning and its certainly dry but the greens are still fantastic. If you are interested in leasing a membership let me know as my circumstances are changing soon and I won't be able to use my membership next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users