102 replies to this topic

#16 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12434 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:08 AM

16th at Yarrambat, steep down hill Par 3 with water carry and heavy bunker protection...

#17 scousegolfer

scousegolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

Not sure if raised as topic previous, but what is the most daunting tee shot in golf?

Mine is St Andrews 17th.

Dawn Fraser wants free Taylor Made reds too admin!

I have to agree here, it is scary as you dont know where the fairway is & hitting over a fence & a hotel to right gets right into your head. Then when one of the caddies goes down to spot that doesn't help either. Also it depends on how you played the 16th, i had a 3 putt bogey & was not happy on the 17th tee but nailed it & walked off with the best par in my life. The whole course is about picking targets in the distance & hoping you dont find a bunker.

#18 scousegolfer

scousegolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

Not sure if raised as topic previous, but what is the most daunting tee shot in golf?

Mine is St Andrews 17th.

Dawn Fraser wants free Taylor Made reds too admin!

I have to agree here, it is scary as you dont know where the fairway is & hitting over a fence & a hotel to right gets right into your head. Then when one of the caddies goes down to spot that doesn't help either. Also it depends on how you played the 16th, i had a 3 putt bogey & was not happy on the 17th tee but nailed it & walked off with the best par in my life. The whole course is about picking targets in the distance & hoping you dont find a bunker.

#19 St_Andrews

St_Andrews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3315 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:02 AM

17th TPC Sawgrass

#20 pim

pim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

I reckon i could take out a few of them with a duck hook!

#21 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

7th Old Course - The National Try this hole out off the blacks (140m), pin cut on the right half of the green, south wester blowing hard = BRUTAL. Anything short is lost, go long right and it's a deep trap or a steep slope down into a gully, long left is a reload. Had to hit 4 iron the last time i took it on, wasn't pretty........

#22 armygolf

armygolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3786 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

Yeah good hole Octa

#23 NWABP

NWABP

Number 9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8124 posts
  • LocationCant-bra

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:51 AM

So, um, no one has mentioned the 3rd on the quarry nine at Joondalup... and yeah, that 7th (old) National is a corker. Hit the green but was high and left. scccaaarrrrryyyyyyyy putt!

#24 tassimike

tassimike

tassimke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Locationlaunceston

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:15 AM

Anyone played the third at Narooma ?15th at NSW and the short 8th at Barnboogle

#25 Dave_11372662112

Dave_11372662112

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:33 AM

about 7 holes at the cut where you cant see anything bar sand dunes and shrub and wind is howing at about 60 knotts...... imagine a roller coaster....right yep....ok make that rollercoaster about 15 meters wide...yep..got that..... ok slap some hard grass on that and surround the rest with shrubby bush, sandunes and ocean and there you have the cut!! I was blown away (literally and figuritivly also) when i played there with few ISG guys there last friday at noon the blind tee shots are just incredible even one uphill hole that if you dont make it to the first platue it rolls all the way back down to your feet almost....WHICH I did...LOL

#26 D2BG

D2BG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:55 AM

3rd at Narooma can be horrible. Plays about 140m but I have hit PW to 4 iron. Short (cliff or bunker if lucky); Left (over cliff or bunker); Long (cliff). Daunting standing on the tee and looking straight into the cliff (have to look up slightly to see bunker guarding green). I once saw a bloke hit 3 balls into cliff before chipping his way around. On the green in 11 (I think).

#27 JustABear

JustABear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:57 AM

3rd at Narooma can be horrible. Plays about 140m but I have hit PW to 4 iron. Short (cliff or bunker if lucky); Left (over cliff or bunker); Long (cliff).

Daunting standing on the tee and looking straight into the cliff (have to look up slightly to see bunker guarding green). I once saw a bloke hit 3 balls into cliff before chipping his way around. On the green in 11 (I think).

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. ~Henry Ford
Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude. ~Ralph Marston
Wherever you go, go with all your heart. ~Confucius

Yeah, I've lost a few balls on that par 3 (short, long and left..)

#28 Dave_11372662112

Dave_11372662112

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:54 AM

kabul golf course...afghanastan check out the rough....sand greens....land mines..... playing golf in a war zone would be err daunting

#29 MagicRat

MagicRat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:50 AM

Mine would have to be the 15th at Highercombe golf club in the Adelaide hills, short down hill par 4 (approx 250m from memory) with a large tree on the right, greenside bunkers left and right and OUT OF BOUNDS LEFT, RIGHT & BEHIND, the left side of the fairway also runs along the OOB fence. I know a lot of people dismiss the Highercombe track (for some very valid reasons) but the 15th is a spectaculat Risk / Reward hole. Golfers of most standards can realistically dream of Eagle here or be consumued by fear and rack up big numbers. Fun hole.

#30 fred5050

fred5050

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:16 AM

From the courses i’ve played, 15 at NSW is pretty freaky. 30m across from scrub to scrub.

i agree, especially into a strong northeaster!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users