hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:28 PM

longy is a super track,

Patto is average and it’s fees reflect that

i also have some rights there and play it every few months with friends, i have always enjoyed my golf there and shot some super scores there, but the company i played with far outweighed the course.

I believe the fees are higher than Keysbourgh & Southern which are far better courses & only 5 mins up the road.

i thought they were charging ariound 1800 per year, and some deal of 2nd member 1/2 price, no joining fee

if thats the case, it’s far cheaper than keysy and also cheaper than southern.

but i dont exactly know what patto are charging,

WOW, just had a look at there web site $2,100 & year for 7 day membership.

About par then with other courses in the area

well if thats the case then it's a rip for sure

#62 RLGOLF

RLGOLF

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

Um, Is it just me? Or has everyone forgotten the point here? Is anyone out there playing golf? My game is improving no end. Loving every minute of it at PRCC. Best golfing decision i have made in a long while. I am even relocating in the not too distant future to be within walking distance. See you on Saturday, I've been practising, It won't be my shout this week! :)

#63 _anon_

_anon_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3251 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:12 AM

Had a game here today, generally good! Quite tight lies on the fairways and greens had just been cored lately, but generally played quite well. Off the line of play some of the turf and surrounds were a bit bare though. I agree with previous comments regarding the out of place quality of some of the mounding, especially RHS 1st. I did think the clubhouse and alfresco area was fabulous. How long ago did the course works take place? What was changed?

#64 voss

voss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1659 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

Played PR one month ago during our wet & cold spell and the course was in good condition. There were areas that need work but it is a place in progress and come the warmer months the conditions will improve. Hospitable pro staff, pleasant club house facilities, practice areas seem fine , overall definately worthy of another visit. They may have some internal issues but they are transparent to visitors.

#65 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37811 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:33 AM

I was quite impressed on the changes since I last played there. (Too many years to remember) Considering the conditions of other courses (including Settlers) I thought the fairways were excellent and naturally will get better as the weather improves. Bunkering was fairly consistent and extensive and with the numerous water hazards, I believe it is a great challange. It's obvious there are still "works in progress" but I would highly recommend it over certain other neighbouring courses.

#66 _anon_

_anon_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3251 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:45 AM

certain other? name and shame!

#67 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37811 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:06 AM

It's only subjective, SS so I'll decline on shaming.

#68 Johncantplay

Johncantplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:03 AM

SeptemberSquall, course was entirely changed, virtually tipped upside down to use sand that was buried under topsoil / mud. Took years to complete as they kept 18 holes in play the whole time, which sadly was hard work for all. It commenced about 8 - 10 years ago, & was back in full play about 4 - 5 years ago. The course does stay relatively dry, mostly as the fairways, etc. are designed to shed water into the many hazards, which also has the effect of running a lot of balls into the same hazards... This may surprise some that I am saying this, but there actually has been some stability in the staff over the past 12 months, which no doubt leads to happier staff. The Pro Shop is outsourced to a local Pro, who recently won PGA pro of the year. Clubhouse area was upgraded years ago, coinciding with the redevelopment of the course. Even a brand new surfaced carpark greets you nowadays instead of the potholed variety. This had been on the agenda of every Board for years with the current one levying Members to finalise the project.

#69 _anon_

_anon_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3251 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

OK francie, your perogative. I had thought this was a message board, designed for the sharing of subjective opinions? I am interested to hear your thoughts! haha

#70 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

Played at PRCC today and find it quite enjoyable. The poa grass has invaded the bent grass greens though. Good wide driving holes and will play better next time. Cannot lose a ball. Well Done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users