69 replies to this topic

#31 Johncantplay

Johncantplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:48 AM

Hmmm, seems like a nerve has been touched... The instability comes from within, not from my source. Did you operate for approximately 12 months without a G.M. ? Did you recently make 2 staff members ( 1 office & 1 functions )redundant ? Do you deny there was a very heated end to an E.G.M. held last year ? Do " normal " clubs turn over as many as 25 Board people in a 2 year span ? Names can be supplied if required. There was no comment about the club being unfinancial, yet you do not deny the termination of the maintenance contract was financially based. That contractor apparently was operating with 8 full time staff & a part time mechanic, plus the Contract Principle. Do you deny you are now operating with 6 full time course staff ? If you read back through this thread, you will see many are dissappointed with the course design. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, especially one based on FACTS !!! Until your reply, both Takeitasread & golfguy33 thought it all made sense. From time to time, many clubs, not only golf clubs, suffer from problems. Maybe better to admit things have been a bit rocky rather than bury your head in the sand & hope all the outside people are naive enough to think nothing has happened. That is what these forums are for, I believe.

#32 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3329 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:40 AM

Dear PRCC, can you give us the current total of members at the club? Has the number of members halved over the past couple of years, and if so, why? Jon...

#33 Casualgolfer

Casualgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:10 AM

So many good options in the area that PRCC is competing against. Course looks so out of character to others in this 'sandbelt' region, perhaps that why it doesn't appeal to many. All I keep hearing is there are so many promotions and price deals to entice members, are these being successful?

#34 Johncantplay

Johncantplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:00 AM

Dear PRCC, Been 2 weeks now, with no response to various questions from 3 different people. Head firmly back in the sand I assume ?

#35 happyPattogolfer

happyPattogolfer

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

Johncantplay - strange how you and your "friend", who you say is a club member, have all the facts, names etc. You "both" obviously have an axe to grind with the club. If you are both so unhappy with the course/club, go and play somewhere else, the club certainl;y doesn't need you. As a club member I can say that the vast majority of members I know are very happy with the condition of the course. They go to play their golf, not indulge in club politics, which I am sure every club (golf or not) has, after all there are always knockers everywhere who have their egos to build and axes to grind. I guess people like you can only get your thrills from pulling things down because you have nothing positive to say about anything. Try using your time and energy in a positive way by telling everyone about a golf course you like, it might make a nice change and it might even make you feel good. As for your club member "friend" , maybe he (I presume it is a male) could also use his energy more usefully by joining the group of members who actually contribute to the club in ways like the volunteers who each week help maintain and beautify garden beds around the clubhouse, improve the BBQ facilities etc. These are the true club members who contribute not denigrate and enjoy the friendship of other members within the club.

#36 _Andrew_

_Andrew_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2337 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:07 AM

Oh great! Another 1 post forum member.

#37 Johncantplay

Johncantplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:53 AM

Lets see if I can get a 2nd response from either PRCC or happyPatto golfer... My first post was in response to the varying queries & comments regarding Patterson River. NOWHERE does it state either myself of my source is a member or not, or it is a male. Creative reading happyPatto ? NOWHERE do any of my posts state the course is in poor condition. There is a comment about the greens, which no one can deny are less than what any sane person would expect for a course, in effect, only a few years old. Not sure why it is strange that someone knows something about the club ? My first post on this was balanced ( including a positive statement !!! ) but PRCC decided it was factually incorrect. When posed with some questions from myself & 2 others, all that comes back is abuse... You may have also noticed a comment that many clubs have problems ( if you read the posts properly ). No axes to grind here, just some responses to various statements. Once again, these forums are for comments & opinions, sometimes not all will agree. I guess all that read this will now get a true understanding of what an unhappy place it is, with comments like, " go play elsewhere, the club certainly doesn't need you. "

#38 happyPattogolfer

happyPattogolfer

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:40 AM

Yes I will respond as an ordinary member. Firstly you say, and I quote, "A friend of mine is involved at Patto", so let's not beat around the bush, your "friend" is a member, or was a member. I still wonder why you or your "friend" are using this forum to really do nothing but try and denigrate our club. As I read it, your first post was dated Sept 29, and you say it was "balanced". Hardly. To my reading of all your words, the only ones that were not negative or containing comments by your friend about their perceived problems with the club (as distinct from the course), was that there is an unlimited water supply. I would hardly call that a balanced commentary. Despite what you may say, you seem to be trying to denigrate the club for reasons known only to yourself and your friend, and that is why we members get frustrated about such commentary. If you don't like the course, just say so, we members can live with that. However we would be very sad if other readers, who do not know the club, were put off by your comments. It only takes one disaffected member or past member, to come onto a forum such as this, and try and denigrate a club. Like all but the top tier of clubs, we would like more members, and it seems the club is doing everything it can to encourage more members in what is a difficult economic climate. From my reading of magazines etc, many clubs, like ours, are offering no joining fee and other promotions to encourage new members. So excuse me for being a loyal club member, but I would rather be that than someone who stands at the back and does nothing but gripe.

#39 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24046 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:17 AM

any person looking at joining any club who offers no joing fee needs to be suspicious

#40 HotPies

HotPies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

any person looking at joining any club who offers no joing fee needs to be suspicious

Am looking for gel belt now to match my balls.
Not always true Kiwi, most clubs other than the top sand belt clubs are waveing joining fee's at the moment.

#41 Johncantplay

Johncantplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:38 AM

Thanks happyPatto, at least you replied, unlike PRCC. Lets get over the issue of being a member or whatever, because that is not the point of this debate. Many involved in the golf industry are aware of your clubs problems, with such a huge turnover of staff this is natural. Do you realise not 1 admin. & / or pro shop staff member has been at the club for 12 months ? The groundstaff is similar, except as the contractors staff have mostly stayed, they are all less than 21 months into Patto life. This is combined with huge member losses.Surely that spells nothing else but instability. Not sure why anyone could deny that. You are certainly entitled to think my posts are denigrating, or unbalanced, but facts are facts ! The most damaging comment was your own " go play elsewhere. " If there was more positive to say, it would be said. Interestingly, your own posts & PRCC's can't come up with anything positive to say, just attacks on my posts. Hopefully you will have noticed my comments have NOT included any blame on an individual ( designer, manager, superintendent, etc... ), or a group ( board, construction company, etc.. ) which is yet another reason a belief that comments by me have been balanced. Congrats on your passion, seems like most members left probably fit into this category. Just wish you could accept the club does have its problems, & preferably try to work things out, instead of pretending nothing is wrong, or becoming aggresive towards any other than your stance. The clubs problems have been going on for years as stated originally & sadly seem to be escalating instead of diminishing.

#42 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24046 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:45 AM

Am looking for gel belt now to match my balls.

Not always true Kiwi, most clubs other than the top sand belt clubs are waveing joining fee’s at the moment.

Hotpies wil dissagree, i joined a club recently, paid joining fee & it isn't a top sand belt club. No joining fee smacks of desperation. kiwi

#43 HotPies

HotPies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:40 PM

Fair enough mate, happy hitting on the new track

#44 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members