241 replies to this topic

#241 FrontBunker

FrontBunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:47 AM

Played today, good course. Shortish front 9 followed by an interesting back 9. Greens were slowish and looked a little long but ran true and mo complaints. Overall was in good nick and couldn't complain about it. A good course to play at.

Those 2 par 3's are ridiculous and we played from the whites. 6th hole 213 par 3 that is slightly rising from tee to green. 13th downhill 220ish.

I think the two long par 3's bring absolutely nothing to the course. They're pretty much just point and shoot golf. I would love to see the course invest some time and money in improving them- start with shortening them and then add a bit of strategy and the course as a whole would be better for it.

I think the other par 3's offer good variety- 8 from the top of the hill to a smallish green, 10 flat with good bunkering and 17 shooting uphill all bring a point of difference and encourage the player to think about their shot. 6 and 13 just invite the player to slog... IMO.

I do enjoy the variety across most of the course, and I think most holes give the player risk/reward shot options.

• Joe79 and Birdie Blitz like this

#242 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3050 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:57 AM

I think the two long par 3's bring absolutely nothing to the course. They're pretty much just point and shoot golf. I would love to see the course invest some time and money in improving them- start with shortening them and then add a bit of strategy and the course as a whole would be better for it.

I think the other par 3's offer good variety- 8 from the top of the hill to a smallish green, 10 flat with good bunkering and 17 shooting uphill all bring a point of difference and encourage the player to think about their shot. 6 and 13 just invite the player to slog... IMO.

I do enjoy the variety across most of the course, and I think most holes give the player risk/reward shot options.

Yep couldn't have said it better. 17 with a slight head wind was interesting. Although playing 140ish with the bunkers make it interesting. 

8 was fun, 130ish all down hill with the tee built into the hill. Trying to guess the club in was the most fun. Picked the right club but chunked, played another one just to see if it was the right club and landed hole high. 

10 I thought was a bit more on the boring side being 150 and open front to the green. But being opening hole on back 9 i can see why with a 2 tee start it wasn't made to be to hard a hole to start with but the bunkering helps. 

OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts
OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:
Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users