160 replies to this topic

#76 bone19

bone19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

I love the 7th at pw. Especially when you fly the driver to the left and watch it bend round the big gum and sit 40m from the green. Anyway. I went to pw this morning. Tried to sneak on between the 4 clubs that were booked in. No way Jose. One group suggested I should walk over to the 4th and get in front of the 1st group. That was a great idea until the groundsman cracked it big time. At the end, we were told that some of the older social club members had complained that we were there before 9. So my friend and I got our money back and went to freo public. What a contrast to the other side of the fence that was! Oh well I'm sure I won't shoot 45 on the front 9 tomorrow as I did at freo public

#77 bone19

bone19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

lol …. bloody grumpy old men!

If i’m out of bed before 6 my missus takes my temperature and feeds me some panadol

Gosnells Golf Club, Perth.

Who are you calling grumpy and old? I'm 33 and I choose to go that early because I means I can be back mid morning, which scores brownie points at home. The more brownie points, the more round I play, the more I can justify joining royal freo

#78 Tigers_Wood

Tigers_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

You can head off at 5:30 @ Freo public too, only reason I play there. Some weeks it's the only chance I can get out, quick 9 before work.

#79 bone19

bone19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

Not like the tee off nazis at point walter. Apparently the ground staff complained and managed to negotiate dawn til dusk. But to them dawn is at 6:00. So even if you tee off at 6 you have to walk through working sprinklers and wait while staff water and mow greens. Pretty poor

#80 Tigers_Wood

Tigers_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

Do you know what the early tee times are like for RF?

#81 bone19

bone19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

I think it's 6:30. But don't quote me. I will find out tomorrow and post it

#82 Tigers_Wood

Tigers_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

Damn, if it was 6am they'd almost have my money. I'm going to pay Steve a visit this week for a putter, so going to have a chat about membership too.

#83 bone19

bone19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:48 AM

Nice one. I picked up my 52* and 58* vokeys from him yesterday

#84 4for4

4for4

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

and dont expect to sneak off before 6 because a group of OLD blokes will bite your head off and probably hunt your family down and bite their heads off too. “TEE OFF IS AT 6:00 NOT BEFORE!”

That was the grumpy old men i was referrring too .... How didm you go at RF bone?

#85 bone19

bone19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

Damn you long and lush rough! If only I hand met you before, it might have been a fair fight. I played pretty well, might have even been my best played round. I went out in 55 and came in at 48, even managed to birdie the 176m par 3 (best played hole ever!) 3 iron to the back of the green and sunk the put from 6-8m I loved the course, strategy is definitely the order of the day. No hole is the same and each has it's unique challenge. Like the 16th, 410m par 4 to a green the size of a large car. The condition was excellent for this time of year, though they had just sanded fairway in patches and the 10th and 16th had just been scarified and the 17th out of action due to green reshaping works. Did I mention the greens? Wow, that's how a green should play. Quick and very true, apparently they are even playing slower than normal (heaven forbid) but I loved them, probably my best putting performance in a round. However, as stated at the beginning, the long grass killed me. I've never experience grass like that so i struggled to get the ball out and subsequently dropped quite a few shot. And finally, TW, the boys in the pro shop said members can tee off at dawn. Just swipe in and play, no need to wait for the pro shop to open. Unless of course you are bringing a visitor.

#86 Tigers_Wood

Tigers_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

Interesting, I might be keen then.

#87 bone19

bone19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

nice one. might be worth noting that RF have recently changed their billing year to 1/10 - 30/9. so if you join now the pain is not as great as the membership fee is prorata, currently about $1300 for 7day. And the membership fee includes $535 over the bar. i also have a neighbour thats here from the uk on a 12 month secondment to the flying doctors service and is keen to join, but only if they do a deal on the nomination fee. will be interesting to see what the GM comes back with.

#88 Tigers_Wood

Tigers_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

Yeah I'm going to push them on that, mainly because Melville is $990 and they usually do it for $0 at some point during the year. Not really comprable courses, but Melville have good facilities and some plans to make some big changes to the course.

#89 bone19

bone19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

do you know the people down there or would you like me to introduce you to the GM? there is no point speaking to the membership manager about it as he will simply pass your case up the tree

#90 Tigers_Wood

Tigers_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for the offer, but I do know someone who has been there since I was about 6. I'm hoping that might help me :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users