160 replies to this topic

#16 lucidair

lucidair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2025 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

Aggreed northerner. Personally I find Lakelands boring. Id rather join seaview or cottesloe if you cant get LK, WAGC or Mt Lawley

Well I guess it is personal preferences but I have been a member of LCC for over 15 yrs and never find it boring.

#17 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2492 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:39 AM

Hi Northerner, how does one get to know enough referees at LKCC? Is there any provision for a temporary membership?

#18 Golf-Guru

Golf-Guru

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10674 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

Lakelands is a good tester. I have always found the members out there to be a great bunch of people to chase a ball with.

#19 northerner

northerner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:13 AM

LK did have a facility to take up a provisional temporary membership in order to give members the chance to find the 7 referees, but I understand this has now been closed to Perth residents, but may still be open to those who are new in town. Otherwise you just have to work at it - you need to find a sponsor who is a member of senior standing and sit down with him to work out a plan of how to meet the rest. The first thing your sponsor would do is give you the membership book to look thru to see if you can find any others you know. I did this and after looking thru the book found 3 others i knew, and then with a few games and some beers found the rest over a few months. Not hard, you just have to make the effort. The misconception with these clubs is that you have to be invited - rubbish, you have to ask.

#20 PortlandChris

PortlandChris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:23 AM

When I lived in Perth I joined Lakelands as it was 1. In my price range 2. Great bunch of blokes to play with (tried other courses of similiar price and was by far the friendliest.) 3. NO KIKUYU (played the other courses of similar price and it was the ONLY one with pure couch fairways.) Some of the other courses mentioned here are pricy to gain entry too, and the ones around the same price bracket are in my opinion no better (most worse) than Lakelands. Seaview-whilst not a bad course-only 9 holes and quirky. Best part of it is watching the 'locals' wander down to the beach from the bus stop if you catch my drift.......

#21 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2492 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:17 AM

Northerner, Any possibility of having a hit with you some time? I live near by and it would be very convenient for me if I was able to get in. I do know a few members but need to get to know a few more.

#22 welly01

welly01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1863 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:47 AM

he could always join the .. miner golf club.. ay jack !!! get to play 5 courses 5 days a week ..in a comp if you choose to.. real cheap rates !!! .. and best of all .. good company ; ))

#23 northerner

northerner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

A bit tricky to have a hit, I live in London and only get home every few months. So dont ask me what my average cost per round is.

#24 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2492 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

If you are coming back anytime soon, could you please email me on john at tieline dot com ? Would like to catch up with you if possible.

#25 northerner

northerner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:31 AM

Jack If you live in the area, your wife and kids could join tomorrow - they are very keen to foster good relationships with the local communitty rather than being seen as an enclave for Dalkeith Doctors. You could then sneak in the back door that way.

#26 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2492 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

Always ready for a hit. Thanks anyway.

#27 serrz1372662241

serrz1372662241

Suspect

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:04 PM

A bit tricky to have a hit, I live in London and only get home every few months. So dont ask me what my average cost per round is.

northerner which part in London are you based?

#28 NUFFIETHEGOLFMAN

NUFFIETHEGOLFMAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

I would have to say that for the best price and access in your area Rob, I'd have to say Lakelands CC could be your best option. I'm playing there this Sunday in comp with my reciprocal rights with Hartfield CC and is a reason why I'd also throw Hartfield into your hatfull of choices. Its cheaper than Lakelands on a yearly basis, subs are $1750 and you get reciprocal rights with Lakelands, Wanneroo, Gosnells, Melville Glades and Royal Fremantle on a Sunday :). On the Roe/Tonkin Hwys it cant be too far out of your way to get there either. It takes me 15 mins from Morley. Forget Mount Lawley too, its way overrated and Lake Karrinyup's $15,000 joining fee is a joke. Seaview isn't much to right home about either unless you love the wind blowing all the time. It rates too easy in comp ACR too which makes it a waste of time going there. Cottesloe is very "clicky" to get into but some even say is not such a great course and that Seaview is even better. Wanneroo I found a bit too challenging to play every week but is a great course, once in a while to play is fine but it punnishes your morale in thel long term if you keep playing it poorly. Wanneroo is in the Kennedy Bay/WAGC category for me - tough tracks that bring you back to earth. I'd be considering Lakelands CC or Hartfield CC if I was you. Hope this helps.

#29 northerner

northerner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:57 AM

Its only $9000, but I concede it is a lot

#30 IDGolfguy

IDGolfguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1344 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:48 AM

My 2 cents or pennies worth - whatever the phrase. I don't know what the yearly subs for LK are but I hear it is a good course albeit exclusive. I'd like to know the annual fees. The Vines is about 35mins away on a relatively easy drive. Having lived in London, I doubt if the travel time would bother you. Being a resort course, there are benefits such as Gym and other facilities as well as it is 36 holes. Transferable membership is about $6000 and $1950 per annum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users