Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

Araluen is flat…

When you're riding in your cart, I guess it all seems pretty flat.

#152 andyoz

andyoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Hi, new to the forum. I was wondering if any members of Lakelands had an update on the condition of the course after the retic works. I have heard that they have lost quite a few members. Maybe this is why the have no nom fee at the moment. I am equal distance between LCC and Wanneroo. Would like some opinions on which is the better course and what course has a better junior programme for my son. Thanks Andy

#153 lucidair

lucidair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2023 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Hi,

new to the forum. I was wondering if any members of Lakelands had an update on the condition of the course after the retic works.

I have heard that they have lost quite a few members. Maybe this is why the have no nom fee at the moment.

I am equal distance between LCC and Wanneroo. Would like some opinions on which is the better course and what course has a better junior programme for my son.

Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy I have been a member of LCC for nearly 20 years. The course is still in recovery mode from the retic upgrade but it is still playable. We had a problem with the greens a few months ago but they are quite good now apart from a few patches here and there. I expect in a couple of months it will be back to its former glory. We are a friendly mob and happy to get new members. Our junior program is quite good and we have had quite a few good juniors go onto bigger and better things.

#154 andyoz

andyoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hi,

new to the forum. I was wondering if any members of Lakelands had an update on the condition of the course after the retic works.

I have heard that they have lost quite a few members. Maybe this is why the have no nom fee at the moment.

I am equal distance between LCC and Wanneroo. Would like some opinions on which is the better course and what course has a better junior programme for my son.

Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy
I have been a member of LCC for nearly 20 years.
The course is still in recovery mode from the retic upgrade but it is still playable. We had a problem with the greens a few months ago but they are quite good now apart from a few patches here and there. I expect in a couple of months it will be back to its former glory.
We are a friendly mob and happy to get new members.
Our junior program is quite good and we have had quite a few good juniors go onto bigger and better things.

Golf forever, work never!

Hi Lucidair, Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to make contact with LCC over the last 2 weeks. Sent 2 e-mails and made a phone call and had no replies. WGC and Suncity were almost immediate in getting back to me with my queries. It's a shame because I have played LCC a couple of times and I like the facilities but if the membership co-ordinator doesn't reply then I'm sort of stuck. Is the retic levy a one off payment only? I see its compulsory and really have no issue paying it. I'm more concerned that it continues being levied against members until membership increases to the point that the loan is serviced. Andy

#155 lucidair

lucidair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2023 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Hi,

Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy
I have been a member of LCC for nearly 20 years.
The course is still in recovery mode from the retic upgrade but it is still playable. We had a problem with the greens a few months ago but they are quite good now apart from a few patches here and there. I expect in a couple of months it will be back to its former glory.
We are a friendly mob and happy to get new members.
Our junior program is quite good and we have had quite a few good juniors go onto bigger and better things.

Golf forever, work never!

Hi Lucidair,

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to make contact with LCC over the last 2 weeks. Sent 2 e-mails and made a phone call and had no replies. WGC and Suncity were almost immediate in getting back to me with my queries. It’s a shame because I have played LCC a couple of times and I like the facilities but if the membership co-ordinator doesn’t reply then I’m sort of stuck.

Is the retic levy a one off payment only? I see its compulsory and really have no issue paying it. I’m more concerned that it continues being levied against members until membership increases to the point that the loan is serviced.

Andy

What?? they havent replied. Jeebus, I will have to gee them up. Not good enough. who did you send the email to? yes retic levy is a one off. That sort of levy can only be put on at AGM or special meeting. I think they can put on smaller levies in the course of normal business but not one of that size.

#156 andyoz

andyoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Lucid, There is a membership e-mail address on the website. I sent both to that address. Hopefully they get back to me soon. Andy

#157 lucidair

lucidair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2023 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

Hi Andy can you give Linda a call in the office so she can follow it up.

#158 andyoz

andyoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Thanks for your efforts mate, i spoke to Veronica today. Going to get down and have a hit. Things look very promising for the club. The new retic should see the course improve. I also like the fact that there is no bar tab. Encourages you to spend your money rather than being forced to speand it. Only down side is that their junior programme doesnt start till 8 years old. My little fella wont be happy and having to just walk around. Andy

#159 lucidair

lucidair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2023 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Thanks for your efforts mate, i spoke to Veronica today.

Going to get down and have a hit. Things look very promising for the club. The new retic should see the course improve.

I also like the fact that there is no bar tab. Encourages you to spend your money rather than being forced to speand it.

Only down side is that their junior programme doesnt start till 8 years old. My little fella wont be happy and having to just walk around.

Andy

The course should be really good in a couple of months now the retic is complete. And yes, no bar tab. I hope you join LCC as we are a friendly lot. How long before you son is 8? They do have a good junior programme though.

#160 andyoz

andyoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

He isn't 7 till the end of March. May well just take him to the Junior clinic at Carramar and he can walk with me and have a few hits as we go around. She did say that the Pro has asked that the age be dropped as parents are starting their kids younger. A couple of my mates played pennants for LCC and I've played there a few times. Think I will join LCC.

#161 lucidair

lucidair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2023 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

He isn’t 7 till the end of March. May well just take him to the Junior clinic at Carramar and he can walk with me and have a few hits as we go around. She did say that the Pro has asked that the age be dropped as parents are starting their kids younger.

A couple of my mates played pennants for LCC and I’ve played there a few times. Think I will join LCC.

good to hear that you are thinking of joining. your son will only have to wait another year before he can join the juniors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users