996 replies to this topic

#46 happyhooker1975

happyhooker1975

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:15 PM

18 is down then up in a big way. 9 is also up to the green.

#47 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12714 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

Your a golfer now Hotpies ?

#48 thebarfly

thebarfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

Heard the latest buzz that Eastern paid around $20m for 215 Victoria Road Yering? Could'nt be true could it?

#49 Pherst

Pherst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

Heard the latest buzz that Eastern paid around $20m for 215 Victoria Road Yering? Could’nt be true could it?

No. They haven't paid anything for it yet until they get the permits and planning approvals to actually move. I understand they have locked in an option to buy the land subject to getting all the paperwork in order to start developing it and get the required cash for the Doncaster site. I asked my mate there about this and that price is too high. He wouldn't say what the agreed figure is if and when it goes ahead but $20 mil isn't it.

#50 HotPies

HotPies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:08 PM

i think its fair to say that the deal could be as far as 12 months away ??

#51 thebarfly

thebarfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:37 AM

Glad to hear that one was wrong as it seemed like a lot of money to me when Croydon paid around $6m.

#52 slamothofr

slamothofr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:53 AM

would have to rate right up there with crap courses like medway !

#53 Pherst

Pherst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:01 AM

Croydon's block is different to the one Eastern is going for as Croydon back onto an airport and have a gun club also bordering their property. I'm not sure about the comparison is the size of the 2 pieces of land, but I understand a significant chunk of the Eastern site is natural bushland (and they also have a lot of Yarra River frontage). I heard mention that Eastern will also be purchasing a B&B business as part of the package and continue to run this as a different revenue stream. However, my mate there still won't confirm the price - I don't think they've told the members yet! I'd be surprised if it's any higher than $12-15 mil personally. I agree about Croydon being a fairly odinary track. Too much water on virtually every hole, poor shaping of the fairways and where they run to, not to mention the clubhouse has an amazing view over a fairly baren practice fairway. It's disappointing as they had so much potential. I just hope Eastern learn from where Croydon went wrong and make a top quality course that members can enjoy (if I ever get an invite out there to play it that is!)

#54 thebarfly

thebarfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:15 AM

Yeah! I know that Eastern land is 247 hecares or 610 acres on the old score but not sure about Croydon. Maybe Eastern can also go into the walnut business on their 300 plus acres of surplus land? I am now VERY reliably informed that the price is towards the higher end of $18m cash, including the flies, on a two year option. Keep working on it and we will get there!

#55 Pherst

Pherst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:57 AM

Geez... $18 mil!?!?! I'll have to ask my mate that one and see what reaction I get next time I see him. If that's the case though I hope for their sake they get top dollar for the Doncaster land. Even at building costs of $1-1.5 mil per hole on average and say they put 27 or 36 in, they're gonna be up for anywhere between $60 and $75 mil before a clubhouse and landscaping go in. That's a lot of hay in anyone's language... Having said that though, it'd probably be one hell of a track you'd get for that sort of coin...

#56 thebarfly

thebarfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

Yeah! I hear a Greg Norman course and working to a all up budget of $60m! But you know how budgets go especially when a golf club comittee is the one building it all! Buzz Buzz

#57 Domi

Domi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:40 AM

Had a round at the Eastern last week as ive been looking around at a few clubs for joining. Loved the track, thought it was in excellent condition. I wasn't expecting much after reading posts here but I honestly loved the track and the challenge it presents. IMO it is a great pity it will be moving in the future but I think ill join nonetheless.

#58 Pherst

Pherst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:29 AM

Had a round at the Eastern last week as ive been looking around at a few clubs for joining. Loved the track, thought it was in excellent condition. I wasn’t expecting much after reading posts here but I honestly loved the track and the challenge it presents. IMO it is a great pity it will be moving in the future but I think ill join nonetheless.

It won't be going anywhere for a good 4 years I reckon. Even then, what they build should be compensation enough... :)

#59 Domi

Domi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:35 PM

Yeah thats the buzz down there Pherst, certainly sounds like the $$$ will be there to build a cracking course. Hopefully it works out that way. Still, it will be a sad day when the existing course shuts, at least for me. Surbubia just seems to close in on these courses and pushes them out. That's what it can feel like anyway.

#60 thebarfly

thebarfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:05 AM

I hear that the tender has opened! It will be interesting how much $$$ we get for the Course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users