1252 replies to this topic

#31 Shimonko

Shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4922 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:43 AM

You're in too dribs - to gain. But it must be a healthy gain.

#32 dribadawo

dribadawo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1815 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

You’re in too dribs – to gain. But it must be a healthy gain.

I was just have a bit of fun... dont worry bout me mate, dont wanna ruin the fun... Good to see you blokes serious about this... alot of people arent... ill be cheering you all on!

#33 Pipp

Pipp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2516 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

How old are you Dirb? I am 178cm tall and 36 now but until I was 24-25 I just couldn't put weight on, no matter how much I ate. I used to be 65Kg and dreaming of being about 74-75Kg. Now I eat much less, still exercise moderately and fight to be less than 82Kg. Age fattens you up.oh, and it takes more time to lose it too..............

#34 Shimonko

Shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4922 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

Weigh-in day. Start: 105.1kg Goal: 94.9kg Strategy:
  • Get metabolism moving, 5 smaller meals instead of 3 larger.
  • Set alarm every 3 hours to eat to prevent getting to 11pm and thinking 'sh#t, I better eat.'
  • Drink minimum 2L water a day so dehydration doesn't signal hunger
  • Disclose bad eating days on ISG for public humiliation
  • An hour a day gardening and/or spring cleaning
  • Exercise: I'll keep it at golf at the moment unless it isn't enough

#35 SoulmanZ

SoulmanZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

it'll happen dribadawo im 6 ft 3 and used to sit arounf 65kg till about 23. now i am putting on weight although i am still only around 75kg. gonna have to burn some fat soon though, i think i will swim the problem is for the tall thin guys, if you exercise you lose weight. it is very difficult to exercise little enough to build muscle without destroying it again. my metabolism was set when i was at school playing 2 hrs of basketball a day, on top of being an extreme ectomorph i can help you out if you need it drib, i had a pretty good workout schedule when younger

#36 Pipp

Pipp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2516 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

Ok, Start = 82Kg Goal = 78 Kg How = eating smaller meals REGULARLY despite interruptions at the office - drink much more water, less wine (I'm already doing without beer since start of year). Exercise = Golf and if I find somebody to play with Tennis

#37 dribadawo

dribadawo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1815 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

Pippolo - I am only 20. And by the sounds of it, i have 3-4 or four years until it all changes. Like i dont mind being thin, i just want to be a bit bulkier and stronger. Soulmanz - I had the same problem, all though im not excessively tall. Because I love to run, and play golf, basketball and rugby or touch footy, all the exercise i do is Cardio-Vascular. I find weights so boring and repetative. I wish there was an interactive weights game that you could play... And I can see i do have good muscle definition, and have a good body shop, they just never get any bigger, no matter how much protein i take or exercise i do

#38 K K Kenny

K K Kenny

The artist formerly known as HCWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4528 posts
  • LocationMid north coast, NSW

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:44 AM

starting weight...117.2kg aim weight 112kg Method..laying around on the lounge drinking beer, eating Pizza and watching sport. Whats that you say, it doesn't work. Damn, I'll have to go and have a rethink on the methodology then.

#39 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:17 AM

OK Boys can I play? I started something similar this week so just started and this will help! Starting weight today - 92 Kg.....how did that happen? Goal weight - 85Kg.... How?....f'kd if I know! Seriously....cut down on wine and beer (not had one since finishing golf on Sunday!) Riding the bike to work (only 8 mins each way but better than nothing! Swimming - used to do lots for a bad back and cranking it up again So three or four 30 min work outs a week minimum! Although I prefer the sound of HC's plan!

#40 vinum_coupe

vinum_coupe

Burp!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2849 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:22 AM

your young. wait till you get older it will just happen. When i joined the coppers at 19 I was 85kgs and could eat anything i wanted without putting on weight. I haven’t grown any taller but I’m about 30 odd kgs heavier and don’t eat anywhere near as much as i did then.

Formerly known as “Have Clubs Will Travel”

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

http://www.bensproshop.com....

When I joined the army at 17 I was 76kg. Never been higher than 80. ever. Must be 76kg now, and I'm 39

#41 Shimonko

Shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4922 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:22 AM

You're in Walrus!

#42 Shimonko

Shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4922 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:39 AM

I don't believe it's age which puts weight on, it just what we do when get older. Like I work in front of a computer 80 hours a week - that's worse than sittng on the couch watching tv with the lack of movement, but somehow it's accepted because it's work.

#43 K K Kenny

K K Kenny

The artist formerly known as HCWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4528 posts
  • LocationMid north coast, NSW

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:50 AM

and i bet you believe that its the alcohol that gives you the headache after a big night on the turps as well. Everybody knows that its the sleep. You go home feeling great and wake up with a headache...has to be the sleep that does it

#44 leighdog

leighdog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:39 AM

Exactly HC, or if you feel crook in the gut, it's never the grog from the night before, it's always mild food poisoning.

#45 Daves

Daves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7439 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:48 AM

Start - 113.5kg Target - 105kg I have lost 15kgs so far. Low GI diet is the main thing but not religious. Have cut out white sugar, substituted honey and fructose. I also cut out sweet fruits too. I try to play golf (walking) at least 3 days a week and walk in the local park a few other days as well if I can. That is it basically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users