51 replies to this topic

#46 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12437 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:52 AM

New clubs should be here around Monday I think. So perhaps a few holes towards the end of next week. We'll work it out then. Walrus: I suppose I could, but at the end of the day, the ball seemed to come off well and seemed to suit me. I may be paying over price for it (the shaft), but I'm prepared to give it a go. If it doesn't suit or breaks or whatever, I know who I'll be taking it back to!

#47 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12437 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:53 AM

Plus if the Linds go well, I'll keep my eye out for some runout drivers :)

#48 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:55 AM

Sounds good.

#49 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:47 AM

Fair enough mate....just wanted top make sure you got something of quality rather than whatever they had! I will keep faith that they are doing you a good deal!

#50 Dave_11372662112

Dave_11372662112

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:48 AM

saw some srixons (I-701's and I-701 tours) on the website that starts with E and ends with Y......they are great clubs...underated

#51 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12437 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:50 AM

A quick update after picking up my Big Stick and Little Stick The according to the writing on the driver it is a "Pro-sys Golden Bear Progressive System", high launch, 75g Stiff flex shaft. Sounds fairly rudimentary to me. I look forward to people slating me over buying it! :) Still I stand by what I said before, it felt good so I'm happy with the buy. The Putter: An Odyssey Crimson Series 770. Tested it, a $200 Nike putter and a Nicklaus putter (I think that complimented the Ballista's). All were quite nice but it was really between the Odyssey and the Nike. The Nike was a little bit more $$$ and the Odyssey seemed more natural from around the 15ft mark, which is where most of my 3 putts start from! So now waiting for the Linds to get here next week and I'll be teeing something up with Rohan!

#52 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

What the Walrus said is right about the shaft but I wouldn't be too stressed about it. My Taylormade drive only has the standard shaft in it, and I don't think changing it will fix many of my problems. Looking forward to next week. Hopefully its not as hot as Saturday is going to be here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users