51 replies to this topic

#16 muggolfer

muggolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:32 PM

Smergen, I have a set of Ping 13+ irons that i dont use much. Steel cs lite shafts, new grips, the 5 iron is 38.5 in, 3-pw and 56/60 wedges. Still in good nick, reasonable price $250.00 neg. Just a nice set of irons. Just i cant stand steel. jenair@netspace.net.au if interested. Work in Cheltenham if easier. Cheers

#17 sneak880

sneak880

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

Smergen, You could also consider a new set of irons that is a "run out" model. As with cars, they often off-load the older previous models before the new irons come out. I got my new '2007 model' Bridgestones 3-PW for $425, as opposed to about $900 original price. Great NS Pro shafts, good price.......am happy!!

#18 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12437 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:59 PM

Thanks all for the posts, much appreciated. Wodda / Muggolfer: Thanks for the offers. Can you email me a couple of photos of your sticks so I can have a look? I reckon I'll get out to HOG tomorrow and have a chat to Danny/Innes. Also will ring the local pro-shop and see what they might have in the shop. About time I have a hit at the Marsh too. Feel free to keep the offers coming, as I doubt I'll be making a decision this weekend (helping a mate move tomorrow and actually have a hit at The 'bat on Sunday).

#19 marnic

marnic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

Smergen - I have a set of Nike Pro Combo irons - 1/2 inch over standard in length, 3i - PW, can throw in a sand wedge as well. $250. Location - Camberwell. Will email you some pics.

#20 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12437 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

Thanks Marnic, much appreciated.

#21 Andre28

Andre28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

Wodda where are you located mate? IF Smergen isnt interested i have a friend who might be. What condition are they in? Also what kind of shafts? Cheers, Andre

#22 muggolfer

muggolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

Ya will do smergen.

#23 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

Smergen, If your located in "the Marsh", also maybe try the club fitter at the Melton driving range. He fitted me out with my no name brand irons but with rifle shafts. Seems to be a tell him what you want and your budget and he will come up with something. I'm also in the Marsh so if you ever want a hit let us know.

#24 SoulmanZ

SoulmanZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

smergan, all those clubs on offer sound great. i have linds which are well made clubs. the only problem with lind is if you hit them badly you can blame the manufacturer, whereas if you buy mizunos or pings you can only blame yourself! its all psychology

#25 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

smergan, all those clubs on offer sound great. i have linds which are well made clubs. the only problem with lind is if you hit them badly you can blame the manufacturer, whereas if you buy mizunos or pings you can only blame yourself! its all psychology

Very philosophical

#26 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12437 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

Andre28, Thanks for considering me, but please I don't want to stop people getting a deal just because I'm an indecisive bugger (i.e. a tightar*e that has trouble parting with money!). Feel free go have a look (I love I'm giving permission as if they are mine!) as I'm still in two minds over the 'from the shop' vs 'from the net' vs 'from the bloke around the corner' mindset. Good luck.

#27 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12437 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

Muggolfer, I assume you meant to type i3+ did you? Either way I look forward to getting the photos through and possibly having a look.

#28 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12437 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Thanks Rohan for the tip for Melton. Is that the range at the golf course or somewhere else? I'd love to catch up for a hit sometime if we can swing it. My family and I are new to the area after taking a 'treechange' from Elwood. Haven't had a chance to hit the local course but thought it looked pretty good when I've driven past it. Maybe we should even sort out a Marsh ISG day? Wonder how many takers we'd get to head down the cutting? :)

#29 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:05 PM

Welcome to the "The Marsh". The Melton driving range is not far from the Melton Golf Course. If you take the 2nd Melton Freeway exit, and turn right back over the freeway and you can't miss it on the left (opposite the nearly completed trotting track) Melton Driving Range Location As for courses, there are two in the Marsh. The one in Darley which is not bad, I've been played there after 4pm a couple of times (they have a $10 after 4pm as much as you like deal). The course is in reasonable condition for the mega drought conditions we are experiencing. The members there seem fine to me though I have never been in the rooms for a drink. I'm a member at the other course "The West" and I'm more than happy to take you for a hit there, but don't get your hopes up (The third which runs down the road has the best fairway on the course). The description goat track comes to mind at the moment. Its a fully volunteer operated course and the boys are working extremely hard to get it looking better at the moment. I'm a member there mostly because the blokes are great and the course is tolerable during winter. As for an ISG day....we had a great one at Trentham last year but better to let it rain and then yes the Darley course could be worthwhile. I wouldn't want Kiwi for example trekking across town to play either course right now. Maybe we could do an after 4pm one evening out at darley? email me at trout_boy_ at hotmail dot com. Obviously use the more standard email format.

#30 Wodda

Wodda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1179 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:42 AM

Andre28 I'm in Shepparton, Vic.....will be in Melbourne Sunday if you or your mate wanna look. They are in excellent condition as I take great care of all my stuff, they have True Temper Dyna Lite Reg Flex steel shafts. Let me know if you'd like to check them out!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users