Photo

How far you comfortably hit your clubs??

• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

#646 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:43 AM

This is like tag wresting....while one guy has a rest the next guy takes up the fight....could this become a perpetual thread?

#647 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:08 AM

I can,t believe it is still alive. It just goes round & round in circles. We used to have a guy at the club that used to think along these lines. A graders hit it so far. B graders less. & c graders couldn,t hit it very far at all. In the end he left & went elsewhere as he did not have any friends left:-)))

#648 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:12 AM

On Sundays in our Roosters Comp we have a longest Drive.....guess which grade ALWAYS has the longest drive... ...OK, I'll just tell you. it is not A grade. B Grade is always longest and there is a different bloke on it each week. A and C grade are fairly close but B grade is a fair bit (10 to 40m) in front, we are talking about 250 to 280+m

#649 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:14 AM

Sounds about normal. but geez that can,t be right. B graders dont hit it that far. ( see my previous post ) :-))

#650 Pipp

Pipp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2516 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:16 AM

It's just not possible!! Sarcasm

#651 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:17 AM

I can,t believe it is still alive. It just goes round & round in circles. We used to have a guy at the club that used to think along these lines. A graders hit it so far. B graders less. & c graders couldn,t hit it very far at all. In the end he left & went elsewhere as he did not have any friends left:-)))

A bad day on the golf course is better than no golf at all. :(
“The older I get the better I used to be!”
Lee Trevino
http://www.golflink.com.au:...
I'm sure he's at another club boring the ass of some other poor buggers about the same point! And probably on some forum somewhere talking about the same old ****, stoking the fire of a certain thread!!

#652 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:20 AM

Sounds about normal. but geez that can,t be right. B graders dont hit it that far. ( see my previous post ) :-))

Lee Trevino
http://www.willows
sorry, I meant the B graders hit it 225 to 230m, C graders 215 to 220 m and the A Graders are hitting it 350m and playing down the right rough for a better shot at the pin....better? :)

#653 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:24 AM

much!

#654 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:35 AM

I have seen you play, down the right? rough I think. Yeah that sounds about right. Walrus A story about the same guy. We went away to Ayr(about 100km ) to play the Pennants final for A grade a couple of years ago. The team won & in the process of celebrating when we got home it was decided that the team manager was going in the nearest hazard. This developed into a free for all with all the team members the pro shop staff & a few Caddies , including myself in the same lake. THe funniest sight of all though was this same know it all( quite a good golfer ) legging it up the road with overnight bag in one hand & golf bag in the other, just so he did not get wet. Apparently in his haste to escape he tripped over a Kerb & broke his big toe . but at least he stayed dry:-)

#655 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:38 AM

LMAO.....thats funny although quite odd behaviour....did he have something against water? Maybe a fobia...either way he sounds like a freak, and an annoying one!

#656 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:40 AM

Just a completely obnoxious personality.

#657 lefty731pm

lefty731pm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1988 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:45 AM

Lee Trevino
regularly consistently comfortably usually often Who ever said that no-one above a certain handicap can't hit it a long way? I do agree with you that this is getting very old. ;-)

#658 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:57 AM

Not you lefty but a couple of others did. All good for a laugh:-))

#659 lefty731pm

lefty731pm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1988 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

Not you lefty but a couple of others did. All good for a laugh:-))

Lee Trevino
Fair enough. Time that this thread was renamed. "Who enjoys playing golf when the weather is nice?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users