18 replies to this topic

#1 HISPL

HISPL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

Hi everyone! I have 2 shafts to sell that are 1 time pulls from a couple of drivers that I own. 1- Matrix Ozik XCON-5 Stiff, tipped 0.5 inches exc condition, played 45.5 in 07 Burner TP so still enough length to tip it more. $240 OBO 2- Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki 63 stiff flex, no tipping will play 46 inches in Burner head. $190 OBO Buyer pays shipping costs and can be couriered or posted to your door. Shafts are located in Bris Vegas and can be dropped off if I am headed your way. I'll take cash, direct deposit or pay-pal

#2 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:03 AM

tip size? - .335 I assume but let's confirm :)

#3 HISPL

HISPL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

.335 Tip size. At least this leaves your options open, you can shim them to fit a .350 head if you need to. Both have excellent grips fitted to, Matrix has Tour Velvet Cord and Fubuki has a Lamkin Crossline Cord.

#4 HISPL

HISPL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

$220 for the Matrix and $170 for the Fubuki!

#5 Forewood

Forewood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:48 AM

Hi there, Would you consider $150 + delivery for the Fubuki?

#6 Forewood

Forewood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

Hey Mate, Do you still have these shafts for sale?

#7 apez79

apez79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:11 AM

Can you send me some pic's of the fubuki ? aperre@mac.com Was the shaft pulled from a burner ? or something else ?

#8 Drabs

Drabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:19 AM

Hey mate im in Brizzy and interested in the fubuki, $170, ill pick it up?

#9 HISPL

HISPL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:11 AM

No probs! However I measured the Fubuki the other day and it is .350 tip... I'll take $170 for it and can drop it off in Brissie if you are still keen.

#10 HISPL

HISPL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:12 AM

I'll take pics of the shafts tomorrow and post them here. Matrix is definately .335 as I had it in a Tour Issue Burner head.

#11 hibore

hibore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:54 AM

I'm curious about the Matrix. How does the stiffness of this shaft compare to an Aldila VS Proto? Are they are high, mid or low launch? I read about them but I don't know much about the Matrix.

#12 HISPL

HISPL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

High launch low spin, very very low spin! It will launch higher than your VS Proto but spin less. VS Proto would be a mid to high launch high spin shaft IMO and the feel is similar, the Matrix is a little smoother feeling. The thing is about the XCON-5 and a number of other Matrix shafts is that they feel very smooth compared to their flex. I've tipped the shaft a half inch so it plays a little stiffer than when it was untipped so between a stiff and a "strong" flex in Matrix terms. Strong is the flex that they have before going into X territory. I forgot to take photos :P I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow! This is a shaft that sells for $300USD... so by the time it gets shipped to AUS and you convert to AUD it works out to be almost $500! I think just under half price is a great deal. :)

#13 hibore

hibore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:37 PM

How would it suit an SS of around 110? If it spins less then I'd be wrapped, high ball flight + plenty of roll-out is the goal. I'm looking to put it in my XLS so I'll need to track down the tip size for the Cleveland. Why did you pull them; what're you using now? Photos would b good, thanks.

#14 HISPL

HISPL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

I need to pick it up from my clubfitter to take some photos so I'll do that through the week. I'll take some photos and email them to you if you like, it is in as new condition with a Golf Prive Tour Velvet Cord grip. IIRC your XLS is a .350 tip and the .335 can be fitted no problems by a decent clubfitter. The good news about that is you can also have them shim the head to a slightly different face angle if need be. For me that is a bonus as I prefer an open face angle on my driver. (and 3 wood) I pulled the Matrix as I had it in a head that wasn't a perfect combo the shaft was too low spin! I actually found that I didn't launch it with enough spin to carry it as far as I wanted the head was a low launch very low spin head (V1 Burner Tour Issue) I needed something with higher launch. I tinker with things a lot, I am now looking for something new something with a little more spin and a slightly higher launch. (Or a much higher launch and low spin) I'm looking for a new driver, Ping Rapture V2 is on the shopping list as is a Tour Superquad 282 LCG proto... I just need some more $$$ to buy one! I need to launch the ball higher with more spin, I've made some swing changes and I am hitting the ball lower and with little spin and a higher launch will be key for me so a higher launch head is on my shopping list. For a 110mph swing it should suit nicely, I swing it about 105-108 at the moment with a short quick tempo and it was great. You have got plenty of length so you can tip it if need be to stiffen it up a little and the bonus of that is you will spin the ball even less. Having noticed that you have VS Proto in stiff and the TP reax shafts in stiff then being too soft won't be an issue the shaft will play a touch firmer than what you have at the moment this will also help you spin the ball less too. The X-CON 5 is basically the highest launching lowest spinning shaft on the market, so if this is what you are after then you have found the right shaft!

#15 HISPL

HISPL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:32 AM

OK, I've taken pics and created an imageshack account... but I need to work out how to resize the images and upload them to the site. I can email them but they are up to 2.75mb... Let me work it out and I will post them here for you, failing that let me know your email address and I will email you. Adam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users