• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Jamey

Jamey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:25 AM

Peter Thompson on Jack designing golf courses......"Nicklaus courses are like Jack himself, grim and humorless with sharp edges" Robert Allenby on golf....."The game is 95% in the head and those who say it is not are stupid" Aaron Baddeley on winning a tournament....."This is for you Jesus" Any other ones you have..post em up...

#2 Shane01

Shane01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:20 AM

Best one I have ever heard was on the course a few years back. I hit a low ugly drive off the bottom of the Driver that with the aid of a lot of run went about 200m up the middle of the fairway. My playing partner who was a good mate of mine said: "That one is like roo%ing your sister. You're up there but you're not proud of it".

#3 The good Egg

The good Egg

oh!! that lady swallowed a baby!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8134 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:46 AM

or a cathy freeman "its ugly ,but it runs good"

#4 Drgribuls

Drgribuls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1942 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:47 AM

this was uttered by an old guy a couple of weeks back at my course. to his playing partner who was having a tantrum "pick your bottom lip up or i'll drop you off at the carpark and you can f*%k off home!"

#5 IwishIwasgood

IwishIwasgood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:17 PM

my favorite is when you hit a horrible looking shot but with a favorable outcome. " Ugly but effective-- I had a girlfriend like that once" Or my brothers fav. "Geez i whack my balls well" when a nice shot was played.

#6 MightyWallop

MightyWallop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

I don't think you can go past the 'I think your problem is you're standing too close to the ball..... after you've hit it' Another one that is a pleasure to hear after you've sliced the ball across three fairways is 'Gee, you really cut the ears off that one!'

#7 pt73

pt73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:22 PM

"The secret is in the dirt" - Common answer Hogan gave when asked how he played so well.

#8 Cliffmanley

Cliffmanley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2831 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:15 PM

Heard often on Queanbeyan Golf Course in Winter at -6 "Confusious say, 'Man with hand in pocket, always on Ball.'"

#9 racinfarmer

racinfarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1773 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

#10 Cliffmanley

Cliffmanley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2831 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

Total Consciousness, Totally wasted on Bill Murray, or should I say Carl Spackler....!

#11 Leroy

Leroy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:20 PM

On the simplicity of the game.. "Hit ball in hole; use stick"

#12 K K Kenny

K K Kenny

The artist formerly known as HCWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4528 posts
  • LocationMid north coast, NSW

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:27 AM

Said to player with a very wild swing "you had everything moving then except your bowels" One of my own favourites said to a playing partner. Him " I'm going to hit this 9 iron over that tree with a little draw onto the middle of the green" Whack - along the ground into the bushes Me "well you had it partly right......It was a 9 iron"

#13 wormburner1

wormburner1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:41 AM

I don’t think you can go past the ‘I think your problem is you’re standing too close to the ball….. after you’ve hit it’

winner so far!

#14 wormburner1

wormburner1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:59 AM

Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps. TIGER WOODS

#15 wormburner1

wormburner1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:17 AM

''The next time a photographer shoots an f...n picture,'' Woods warned, ``I'm going to break hisf..n neck.'' no mincing words there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users