#1021 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:48 AM

Fishing is not as good as Nth Qld pom….lol.

I have 1 full set of vintage and one with old metal woods so I’ll be keen.

I play a Vision UV….have you got the balls?

http://www.bunburygolfclub....

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Thought you might get a couple of bites there . seems everybody is showing remarkable restraint:-))

#1022 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12437 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hey guys, I'm keen to get on this although not entirely across the whole stableford scoring system. Don't have a handicap either but can give scores for the last 5 rounds no problem. If there is somewhere I need to throw my support will happily do that also!

#1023 SoulmanZ

SoulmanZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

looks like a comp forum is a possibility. look forward to everything kicking off soon

#1024 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

Would my Browning 440's qualify as vintage? Bought new in the late 70's and according to Daves they are the precursor to hybrids!

#1025 SoulmanZ

SoulmanZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

apparently the trga (traditional (rules of) golf association) states that any club can be used as long as it is of blade/muscleback design with no cavity. there is no era requirement i believe when the las vegas classic clubs was played (which lag won) no club younger than 1980 was allowed im flexible in terms of how we do it. the rules are a fair bit different, very streamlined (essentially play it as it lies and if you need to drop you do it over your shoulder, sometimes with a yardage penalty) would be a fun week anyway, still waiting on confirmation of new forum. sorry for the delay

#1026 grantgolf

grantgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Locationsydney

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:40 AM

sounds great i'll be in that..... i have some tommy armour Mcgregor golden coloured persimmons ready to go , all refurbished.. the ball flight is so old school, stays low for the first 100 or so then comes up.. real open face of the driver too

#1027 Janjuc

Janjuc

Lost Soul ©

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1684 posts
  • LocationI'm Close, Very Close

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:26 AM

Just noticed that I am in 9th place, and I didn't tip in the first round, more luck than good management.

#1028 18greensinreg

18greensinreg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

Just noticed that none of my 4 are playing next week... bummer, but it looks like there's a few missing so I won't be alone. Gunna have to do something radical though...put Nitties in! He might just earn me some money...... might have a look at TAB. .

#1029 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:22 AM

Excuse me guys . Methinks you have the wrong thread there.

#1030 AlexMc

AlexMc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1903 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:10 AM

SoulmanZ...you are killing me! I've dropped from 16 to 11 in the last month! I hacked it all of last year during the comp, and now when it isn't on I'm killing it!

#1031 SoulmanZ

SoulmanZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:39 AM

ha, annoyed that you have dropped strokes! i like it admin has said that we get an answer this week, all i can say is if you want to go to the thread in "feedback" forum to add your own voice go for it janjuc and 18 greens might also have a bit more luck finding the right thread in a comp forum!

#1032 AlexMc

AlexMc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1903 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:34 AM

Too late now...the damage is done! I have no idea how on earth I'm going to play off 11! :-p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users