#31 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:31 AM

Many AGU. members played different courses to get thier handicaps. I don,t really think it should make that much difference. Of course Soulman may tell us that it will As he knows more about the system.

#32 SoulmanZ

SoulmanZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:48 AM

geez i gave you all a perfectly good link it doesnt use the course GPS crap at all, it simply is a guestimate. something like best 50% of rounds (ie 3 of 5) shots over par, divided by number of rounds times 90% or something it should be cool and remember it is a trial, so the perfect time to test all these things out. it might end up that we cant use intelligolf at all, and need to find another way. but we will cross that bridge when we get to it. All aboard davego

#33 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:00 AM

Just too lazy to look it up .Figured it could be worked out easily enough.AGU. system just takes the hole by hole score cuts back anything over triple bogey then takes course ACR off the total to give the handicap. do this 5 times & average out. If you don,t have ACR I reckon par would be close enough.Giving you this in case the other system proves difficult. If you already knew this info , just tell me to buzz off,With a smile :-))

#34 SoulmanZ

SoulmanZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:06 AM

only reason i want to use intelligolf is i can just chuck the numbers in each month and it will work it out for me. they claim within 1-2 shots of USGA cap, save a bucketload of time

#35 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:10 AM

Mate whatever make it easier for you.We are just thankful that you have this up & running. Now the fun begins:-)))

#36 SoulmanZ

SoulmanZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:11 AM

for all the people who didnt write their state location, i just googled courses. some may be wrong and cheetah, which riverside? SA, TAS or VIC? edit: excel database up and running (thanks to my girlfriend), 13 players listed thus far. everyone come and get their golf on

#37 DaveT

DaveT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:44 AM

My first round will be Wed 24/9/08 @ Mt Lawley. Might have to bail though if the Chiro can't fix my back tonight, that ok?

#38 SoulmanZ

SoulmanZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:46 AM

yup. anyone will be able to pull out prior to the round being played due to inclement weather or personal reasons pulling out after the round due to poor scoring is NOT valid!

#39 adlo

adlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:19 AM

Name: adlo1980 (Adam) Home clubs: Wembley, Bunbury Home state: WA Handicap: 16 (WAGL) Clubs: Driver: Adams A3OS 12.5 3W: Adams BUL Hybrids: TM Burner 19 & 22 Irons: Callaway FT Fusions 4-P Wedges: Cleveland 588 53 & 56 Putter: TM Spider First round I can play stableford will be 18/10 or 25/10.

#40 GoonerAl

GoonerAl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:22 AM

GoonerAI – does that mean you work there? I have been toying with the idea, but I am a little unsure where i will be working next year, so dont know if I will be able to get out to Nth Adelaide much. I cant really justify the 6 month memebership for 2-3 months, and the 10 visit membership doesnt give comp/handicap rights as far as I know? I am a big fan of south course though. North course is another story!

Email me. kawolf at bigpond dot net dot au I'm the club Captain.

#41 SoulmanZ

SoulmanZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:22 AM

welcome aboard Adam added to the database gooner, email sent. pleasure to meet you

#42 IDGolfguy

IDGolfguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1344 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:37 AM

Soulman, I dont know how the inteligolf works But I reckon If Davego wants in He just needs to submit his 5 cards with the relevant course par & that should suffice to work out the initial handicap.

A bad day on the golf course is better than no golf at all. :(

No one who ever had a lesson would have a swing like mine

Lee Trevino

Thanks for that Pom, but from what I read, Inteligolf works off course downloads and GPS type stuff, so it would be a pain in the proverbial for SoulmanZ.

Other alternative is, I used to have an AGU handicap of 13 when I was a member of Ashlar GC some 20+ yrs ago. I sure has hell can’t play to that at present, but I’d be happy to use it for the sake of gettin a start. Not playing the one course may still pose a problem..

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....

On the other thread, I mentioned www.mscorecard.com. It is web driven. Each person creates an account (it's free). Up to you whether you want to buy their software and download it onto your phone. You create your own course details by entering it in. Setup your account using the Australian Handicap. It will track it the same way as golf link. Once you have entered one of your rounds email it to soulmanz. There are other web-based golf recording systems. The other option is to add every one within one account and they can enter their own scores. We all use the same username and password. Or even split all players over for accounts to share the load.

#43 IDGolfguy

IDGolfguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1344 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:09 AM

Copy of post from the other thread in case you missed it. Mscorecard.com enables you to set up an account online (multiple playes on one account). Each user will share the same account and add their course and scores themselves. You can use the AU Handicap which is the same as the Golflink calculation. Happy to setup an account for you to try. Saves having one person entering scores for everyone. The use of the web version is free. I have used and still using Intelligolf for five years but also used mscorecard when I was managing a group of 10 players for social rounds. You can add your own game stats. and can compare it to everyone else. As I said in an earlier post here – a good learning experience. BTW. I am not affiliated with mscorecard or any other golf program. I am just speaking from expereience in organising and managing one of these types of social clubs a while ago. It was a real pain and found it easier when everyone did their own. We had comps for best putting, GIRs, fairways, sandies etc. The program tracked it all as long as each user added their own stats. If you do add your course, it is there for all users to access. You can even add GPS coordinates via GoogleMaps. Not bad for free.

#44 frankyb

frankyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2331 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:16 AM

looking forward to getting an n95 and i'll get that

#45 SoulmanZ

SoulmanZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:41 AM

you are on the list. no need to read the intelligolf stuff, just send me your last 5 scores on any of those courses. my email is in the OP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users