102 replies to this topic

#76 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:22 AM

LOL....just the three wedges and the club building is on the backburner.....to be honest all I could keep thinking was after building a club watching the head fly off on its maiden voyage...straight through a window....or worse! I talk about a lot of things but am pretty sensible really....when you venture up this way for a game you will see...

#77 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24044 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:02 AM

That's a deal

#78 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:26 PM

KIWI I'm going to stick with the hybrids for a while. I took some advice from Guru and a few of the boys and went out on Saturday and got some decent results. I will see how they shape up on the course but I'm hoping they will be OK. So I thought I'd let you know that I wont be taking your 3 wood...at least not yet! LOL.... Cheers mate

#79 baz37

baz37

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:43 AM

Walrus, For what its worth I have tried about every brand name 3 wood over the last 12 months and can't fault the Callaway "Big Bertha", I found it to be by far the easiest to hit off the fairway. Mine has a 55gm NVS regular shaft which is a big part of the package. Has now been superseded by the "Diablo" or something so should soon be appearing on e'bay and some retailers at reduced price although the Pacific Peso isn't helping at present. Test fly one if you get a chance, better than hybyid (for me ). Baz

#80 KycGolfer

KycGolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4492 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:50 AM

yup the big bertha are good fairway woods

#81 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:01 AM

Cheers Baz Probably going to stay with the hybrids for a while as I seem to have got them back on track but if they dont hold up I'll be trailing a few 3 woods and the BB will be on the list! Cheers

#82 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:04 AM

For anyone who cares...I demo'd the Ping Rapture 16 deg 3 wood today and wont be buying one! Probably me more than anything but the reg shaft felt whippy and I sliced the hell out of it....if I had a baseball glove I might have been able to hit one and catch it from the same spot! The search continues....Big Bertha 3 wood might be my next demo!

#83 JRod

JRod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:22 AM

I find the titleist 906f4 to be a great 3 wood. The new model is probably better.

#84 daggs

daggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

Walrus try an Adams a3 or a30s i got one of Aldo on here recently and its sweet as. easyest bat to hit with and the reg dvs shaft is sooo goood feels great Daggs

#85 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

Yes Adlo put me onto that and its on the list....I'm in no hurry and am going to try and hit everything....KIWi offered me a Adams Tight lies 3 and 5 wood and I am still tempted but want to try a few things before taking the plunge...I dont think my game will suffer without one for a while! Cheers Jrod I'm looking onto that now...again, its on the list! This could be a long road....!

#86 adlo

adlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

Walrus, the newer Adams clubs are insanely good. I offloaded the A3 as I was happy with my Adams Insight BUL 3 wood. Both are awesome and can be had cheap from the US even with a weak dollar. If you found a decent second hand club fro globalgolf or someone similar, you will be laughing. If you can't hit an Insight BUL 3 or 5 wood, stop playing golf.

#87 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:30 PM

Jeez thats enough to stop me getting one for fear of not being able to hit the bloody thing! I want to try one before buying and am also trying differnt shaft firmness!

#88 adlo

adlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

Well that counts Adams out, you wont find demo's.

#89 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

Mmm OK. Might have to re-think it then... This might be worth a try?

#90 adlo

adlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, or find one second hand for under $50 US on Ebay or globalgolf. Its all in the Ti face and the power-brazed face (similar to Tour Edge but without the price tag). The stock reg shaft was decent. However, it you are big on demo-ing clubs, this wont be the way for you. For a tinkerer like me, I was happy to bring a few clubs over from the US if I find them cheap. If you don't like it, you can sell it and lose a few dollars. No biggie if you picked it up cheap. I know a few forum members have them, maybe you could try a WTB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users