102 replies to this topic

#61 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:41 AM

I know I can trust you mate...no question... Let me know the specs and we might be talking about payment by the end of the week! Cheers

#62 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:43 AM

Posting pics is a piece of piss....just browse/look for it via the link below, then select it and press upload...simple. But I dont need to see them, just letting you know

#63 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24049 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:55 AM

Walrus checked the 5 wood, has no loft written on it, Rang my mate who has the 3 wood, no answer there. Am suspicious that the loft wont be on there. The heads are tunsten too, sorry for got to mention that. Kiwi

#64 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:26 AM

Thanks mate.....still chewing it over but am still keen on a 4 wood. The reason being, and you will be pleased with this, I want to reduce the number of choices in my bag! That probably sounds odd to most people but I find that you can be standing there undecided about which club to hit etc etc and end up f'king it up, so it didnt matter anyway! Too many choices! So a bit like your wedge argument, stick to the basics and keep it simple. I mean I learnt to play with a half set - Driver, 3,5.7,9 & SW and I got down to 18 using them! Got the full set and only ever got down to 16! Something to be said for keeping it simple...

#65 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24049 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:52 AM

walrus No worries mate. I like the KISS system (keep it simple stupid) 4i - pw, No hybrids, 2 wedges. Must say the 4 wood is pretty rare now. TRy an stick to a 3 and 5 wood. keep at it. Kiwi

#66 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:16 AM

Thanks mate Going to try out the G10 3 wood in the next 2 weeks and see how that goes and might revisit that burner 3 wood I saw.....that said I'm not excluding yours and still have the 3 wood in mind....what effect will the tungtsen have?

#67 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24049 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:21 AM

walrus a little heavier than titanium. maybe not as expensive too but not as agricultural (heavy) as alloy. ball feels real nice when you hit the sweet spot. just like any wood. how deep (thick) is the g10? kiwi

#68 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:31 AM

Not sure of dimensions but it seems quite slim, but not as much as the burner...that looks very thin....

#69 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:42 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1129101002r6188 Is your somethiing like this?

#70 KycGolfer

KycGolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4492 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:34 AM

that is one hell of a club... the Ovation series from adams ! adams is renowned for it's shallowness and hence easy to hit for the fairways n rought etc

#71 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24049 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:39 PM

Thats it boys. Ovation tight lies. Cheap as on ebay. KYC like i posted highly underrated club

#72 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:30 AM

Still cant decide on this KIWI....had nine holes today and used a hybrid once, but not again! Seem to have lost any touch I had with them....am torn between a 3 wood and 2 iron!

#73 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24049 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:43 AM

Hybrid = shmybrid Don't use them, have tried em, prefer irons myself. Give you a tip. Leave what you cant hit at home. That way when you hit it crap again, you have confirmed again that you can't use it. when i go to the range i usually take a long iron so when it comes out in a game my mind set is "i love this club" as opposed to "i cant usually hit this" or some such like that. Last sun day played a course that is not driver on every hole. Went 3 wood, (safety) 4i (attack green), 8i bump & one putt for par. Tough 400m hole very narrow with trouble left and right. My 3 & 5 wood i play between left nipple and middle as when the club is grounded the shaft angles back to my waist (right handed). Hope that makes sense. kiwi

#74 TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3596 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:55 AM

It does make sense....however I'm going to persist with the hybrids for a while and see how they go....I think there must be something in them and will give them a better crack of the whip....if I put the hard yards in and they still let me down I'll burn the fk'rs! Then I'll be looking again!

#75 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24049 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:07 AM

as long as it doesn't distract you from having 7 wedges and building your own 2i.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users