32 replies to this topic

#16 mixedbag

mixedbag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:40 AM

If you are looking for courses in sydney then the Lakes would be the best of the "big 4" followed by st michaels. Moore Park is a good course but there are better courses is money isnt the issue. The coast is a great course with a good GM too. St Michales has a great Pro and practise facilities as well as being the best rated course in the inner city outside, NSW, The Lakes, RS and The Aussie. Stone cutters ridge will be a good course but just cause its designed by Norman doesnt mean it will get rated higher then the others.

#17 FarFromPar

FarFromPar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1850 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:41 AM

i had this exact attitude from a lady at Woolooware, a public course when i rang about joining, i nearly laughed at her. I said hi i am ringing about membership, she said we have a few yr wait and hung up. so i rang back and asked about their options whicj she promptlyt told me to write a letter the club president and hung up again..

#18 golf4meandbirdie

golf4meandbirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

what is wrong with people?! It costs nothing to show respect, manners and interest - one day their membership wait might be 1 month and then they'll redefine their phone manner. Many of the great Melbourne clubs have found their membership wait cut by player disinterest and ridiculous joining fees and now they understand the value of potential and current members. Over the next ten years it will all be redefined again as membership models are changed to reflect the current marketplace. then those old girls will be well and truly retired :)

#19 _anon_

_anon_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3251 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

#20 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39874 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

Played last week with a mate who is a member there. I asked about the waiting list and he said it’s down to 4 years :)

Best Threadmine Ever There were Chilean miners buried in a hole more shallow than the one this was in.

#21 Tigers_Wood

Tigers_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:59 AM

Necro'd the hell out of it. I'd love to join a club like that though, then go all Caddyshack on them.

#22 TheWeekendGolfer

TheWeekendGolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

Played last week with a mate who is a member there. I asked about the waiting list and he said it’s down to 4 years :)

Best

Threadmine

Ever

There were Chilean miners buried in a hole more shallow than the one this was in.

“Do not let a flattering woman coax and wheedle you and deceive you; she is after your barn”……Ed Rayner

What is a threadmine?

#23 TheWeekendGolfer

TheWeekendGolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:32 AM

"I’m only new to golf." isg member since 2008.... Rove queries "What the?"

#24 _anon_

_anon_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3251 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

Best

Threadmine

Ever

There were Chilean miners buried in a hole more shallow than the one this was in.

“Do not let a flattering woman coax and wheedle you and deceive you; she is after your barn”……Ed Rayner

Pic is related Img

#25 Waggle

Waggle

Chopper.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1751 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

Pedobear never fails to bring the lulz.

#26 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • 39874 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

Best

Threadmine

Ever

What is a threadmine?

Time between posts - February 2008 - November 2011. We've had better ones, but this is right up there.

#27 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20030 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

Pony's to Bears SS???? I think he's turning guys.

#28 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • 39874 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

Oz will be sh!tting himself. Probably no news there.

#29 Palmeister

Palmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

The first impression you get of a club, is from the phone manner in the office, Doesn`t rate, as a World class course, play La Perouse, Has a beautiful old clubhouse, Had a beer at an Open, with clubhouse pass, Members were friendly but very old, think they`ll struggle in 15 years or so.

#30 Rodent

Rodent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

Sorry folks. Very simple explanation. I googled "royal sydney golf club membership fees" and top of the list was this thread. I only started contributing here yesterday and I only asked the question about the waiting list last Thursday and thought I'd share. If I had asked him what he was paying there, then I wouldn't have found this thread. I certainly wasn't "thread mining", I just stumbled over it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users