362 replies to this topic

#31 rockatansky

rockatansky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2015 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:37 AM

i have heard that the land is covered by 3 titles and 1 maybe 2 of these have been sold. the one that has been sold has the pump shed on it which could make things interesting down the track.

Is that the title the sandbelt clubs were after?

#32 vjay03

vjay03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

Some mates were discussing the course and wondering why there was no buyer. The price was being tossed around and frankly none of us had a clue. What is it? And what price did The Dunes sell for after it got into trouble? I had a feeling it was a bargain.

#33 golfguru22

golfguru22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:16 AM

The Dunes did go for a bargain but it took a long time and considerable investment by the owner before it started to pay for itself. St Andrews Beach owes a lot of people a lot of money. Such a shame because it is the best course on the Mornington Peninsula in my opinion. So what's the future? Hard to say. But can we PLEASE stop the speculation. How could anyone in their right mind think the eight sandbelt courses would agree on such a thing? The commitees at these clubs are too busy discussing what brand of tea the ladies should drink after their mid week competition. And most of them, especially Victoria Golf Club, have their own problems to address before they consider equity in another golf course.

#34 northerner

northerner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:32 AM

ooh, sounds juicy, what is happening at Vic?

#35 golfguru22

golfguru22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:50 AM

Let's just say it's not what it used to be. Clayton has made a real mess of it. Members are not happy and they've got every reason to be p...... off. The condtion has been an issue for some time. I know a lot of members who are seriously considering their fees and looking at other clubs.

#36 _Andrew_

_Andrew_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2337 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:28 AM

Let’s just say it’s not what it used to be. Clayton has made a real mess of it. Members are not happy and they’ve got every reason to be p…... off.
The condtion has been an issue for some time. I know a lot of members who are seriously considering their fees and looking at other clubs.

Golfguru, Can you tell us what is Claytons work & what is not at Victoria? I assume you know that much of the recent work is not his. Please list the new work done at Victoria GC over the last few years & who designed it.

#37 northerner

northerner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

aha, sounds like the classic case of the committee wanting to restrain the architect and ending up with half and half

#38 mac

mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:22 PM

golfguru. Which part of Victoria did Clayton 'mess-up'? If you are going to throw around accusations like that you had better be able to back them up - and have the facts right.

#39 northerner

northerner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:59 AM

Mac Care to offer a synposis of who did what at Vic - I am not familar with their renovations.

#40 mac

mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

I'm waiting for the guru to answer that question. It was largely about restoring the bunkering from the 1930s. Some tree removal as well and a rebuild 1st hole.

#41 Casualgolfer

Casualgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:08 AM

golfguru22 where are you??

#42 mac

mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

guru, It wasn't that hard a question was it?

#43 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3411 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:17 AM

Mac asking for both, being able to back-up his accusations and getting the facts right is obviously beyond him. Talk about slinging mud around. Jon...

#44 _Andrew_

_Andrew_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2337 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:41 PM

Mac asking for both, being able to back-up his accusations and getting the facts right is obviously beyond him.
Talk about slinging mud around.
Jon…

So what you are saying is, you don't know what is Clayton's work at Victoria & what is not. If you can name exactly what work Clayton has done at Victoria & what is wrong with it, then fine; but you don't seem to be able to, so stop slandering someone's name without any facts.

#45 SJGC

SJGC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:25 AM

golfguy33 is having a go at golfguru22, not at mac or at you andrew. golfguru22 has made stupid comments on other threads too, then not replied when he is challenged. COWARD !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users