15 replies to this topic

#1 aggiii

aggiii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 11:07 PM

I was wondering if any of the ISG members are surfers?? Not net surfers, actual surfers. My golf has been so bad lately i've been getting back into surfing. Some solid waves down this way lately. Most of you wouldn't care, but oh well. Just seeing if anyone surfs in here? & where?

#2 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 11:44 PM

Not me, I tried when I was a youngster adn could stand up...just...I had another go last Christmas and couldnt get up at all! I''d love to be able to, it would be great fun. I have a boogie Board though, took the easy way out!

#3 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 12:24 AM

I'm guessing there will be a few Aggiii. There are a lot of muso's and I guess the two go hand in hand.
Damn hippy wannabees, I bet there is even the odd combi out there too.

#4 henry

henry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3562 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 12:32 AM

golfer69,
They'd be perfect hippy wannabees, if they didn't play golf. The two

don't go hand in hand

!

#5 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 12:49 AM

I used to surf heaps, I still play guitar alot and enjoy my golf...all seems to go hand in hand here, henry!

J
ISG

#6 choco

choco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 08:24 AM

i windsurf aggii,been sailing for 17 years,places i've sailed around s.a are Victor harbour,Goolwa,Sultana Point (Edithburg),Nth Haven,Sea Cliff,Sellicks also been to Sandy Point down at the Prom in vic few times and from Esperance right up to Shark Bay in w.a,o/s Maui,Thailand,Europe.
And best of all i love doing big table top jumps over surfers and i'm also a fast sprinter on the beach when they chase me :wink:

#7 Redd

Redd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:27 AM

Had a surf today agiii

Go here and click on Woolamai for this mornings photo - you'll love it

http://www.surfshop.com.au/

#8 Redd

Redd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:45 AM

Judgesmails

Come down the road and visit sometime, get you up and going at the local surf school in one morning. We can play golf in the afternoon (if you can still lift your arms above your shoulders) smile.gif

Redd

#9 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 05:42 PM

No probs Red, it's only about 40 minutes to the ISland from my place anyway...

Make it a morning in June so I have to satnd up...don't want the shrinkage factor happening! :oops:

#10 Courty

Courty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 08:04 PM

No surf up here behind the great barrier reef. But I have wakeboarded and waterskiied for about 10 years... 8)

#11 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:00 PM

Theres always great surf in Victoria Courty...and great places to wakeboard, water ski, Snow ski, snow board, hike, camp, fish...the list goes on and on... biggrin.gif

#12 Courty

Courty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:34 PM

I'm actually going snowboarding later this year, but picked Perisher over Falls Creek... too many Victorians there :mrgreen:

#13 aggiii

aggiii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 10:03 PM

Redd,

I rekon they updated the photos or sumthin, coz i got wednesday's photos of a shite stormy.

Did an East Coast trip a few months back, came home all the way along the coast from the Gold Coast to SA. Bypassed Woolamai tho, to get to Torquay, was a bit out of the way but it'd get sum decent waves i'd say. I wanna live up near Byron Bay tho, that place gets some awesome surf. & the golf course isn't too shabby either.

#14 Redd

Redd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 03:50 AM

hehe aggii you know the story with the waves don't you - should have been here yesterday. (they haven't got the day right on the site - that's today's photo not yesterdays)

Yep you are right , went from straight onshore 4ft + in lines to the horizon as far as you can see - to this morning - absolute crap.

Victorian weather, beautiful one day ...

Byron is great but the crowds are terrible, not unusual to see 100+ in the water at some of the breaks (the pass etc)

Redd

#15 tommyspencer

tommyspencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 09:35 PM

Hey Courty,

I will be on perisher from September 1 -10. Should I Bring my sticks or just the snow board??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users