#31 3oneday

3oneday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE: Peter @ May 10 2007, 03:36 PM

Members are going to ask questions when they think a product is not described accurately, priced appropriately or if there is some other information that they think looks wrong.

sorry, just to clarify, you are saying it is ok to say to someone that their price is too high, or that a mate got it cheaper elsewhere, or that I see it on ebay for less ?

#32 Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:41 AM

its a limited edition bag, and appears to be linked to the masters in some way.

I don't see the confusion.

#33 Peter

Peter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1365 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:43 AM

Exactly how often would this happen? Generally the prices here are below retail anyway, and usually below or close to eBay prices. General comments on ads are fine, and if something is massively overpriced I don't see why people can't comment on that. As I said, if you don't want any comments go to eBay.

Obviously you don't want a situation where every ad is flooded with comments about the price being too high, but I doubt this will happen. The two main problems are (a) people over-reacting when someone passes a comment on their ad that is not flattering, and (b) people who refuse to drop an issue after it has been raised and responded to.

A bit of common sense is all that is needed - is it really that difficult a concept?

#34 PINGS58Player

PINGS58Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE: Veefore @ May 10 2007, 03:00 PM

Did you even read my post or are just looking for a way to embarrass yourself?
Well,

That comment would be much more appropriate directed at yourself.

Afterall, that is all it is, a heckle and a pissant attempt at an insult that adds nothing to the thread.
The OP LIED in his ad by calling the bag a LIMITED EDITION MASTERS bag. It is NOT a Limited Edition Masters bag and never will be.

As I have already said but will reiterate for the comprehension impaired, I DON'T CARE WHAT HE SELLS THE BAG FOR, if someone is prepared to pay the asking price (which I never criticized) then good for them. He can put $10,000 on it for all I care.

What I don't like, and I will say it again just for you is that he

LIED

when he called it a Limited Edition Masters bag. Now whether it was intentional or not is not my concern. It was still untrue and he has made no efforts to correct that untruth but tried to deny it.

In reality, the Mods should have removed the ad as soon as it was discovered to be false and misleading and a breach of forum guidelines.

Veefor,

I think you really need to head back too the shed and sharpen your tool , The point of the Stand bag is that it is a limited Edition in conjuction with the majors, eg: the F***ing Flowers on it ( GEORGIA 07 ) Nikey Ho has not misrepresented the bag in anyway at all ... i think you need too get a grip on this thread, actually its not a thread its a Classified ad, so let the bloke Sell it FFS...

tongue.gif

#35 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE: Veefore @ May 10 2007, 03:00 PM

Did you even read my post or are just looking for a way to embarrass yourself?
Well,

That comment would be much more appropriate directed at yourself.

Afterall, that is all it is, a heckle and a pissant attempt at an insult that adds nothing to the thread.
The OP LIED in his ad by calling the bag a LIMITED EDITION MASTERS bag. It is NOT a Limited Edition Masters bag and never will be.

As I have already said but will reiterate for the comprehension impaired, I DON'T CARE WHAT HE SELLS THE BAG FOR, if someone is prepared to pay the asking price (which I never criticized) then good for them. He can put $10,000 on it for all I care.

What I don't like, and I will say it again just for you is that he

LIED

when he called it a Limited Edition Masters bag. Now whether it was intentional or not is not my concern. It was still untrue and he has made no efforts to correct that untruth but tried to deny it.

In reality, the Mods should have removed the ad as soon as it was discovered to be false and misleading and a breach of forum guidelines.

To everyone with half a brain on this thread I would like to say thanks for showing some logic, common sense and support.

Veefore...you are now backtracking matee...stop acting like a peanut and pull your head in!

You obviously have enough time on your hands, so go and contact everyone on e-bay (and the local retail stores for that matter) who have described the same line of bag as I have in a similar fashion(give or take a word here or there).

Ignoring the exact pharse I used, the point bucket head is that my description was a)Understood by everyone including you (everyone is aware of the bag I'm referring too-someone kindly even attachyed replica photo's) cool.gifI have never tried to pass it on as something other than what it actually is and c)No-one has purchased it.

So keep on dreaming, save those pennies and you may...maybe...may even be able to have next years 'Season Opener'...

#36 PINGS58Player

PINGS58Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE: Nikey Ho @ May 10 2007, 06:08 PM

To everyone with half a brain on this thread I would like to say thanks for showing some logic, common sense and support.

Veefore...you are now backtracking matee...stop acting like a peanut and pull your head in!

You obviously have enough time on your hands, so go and contact everyone on e-bay (and the local retail stores for that matter) who have described the same line of bag as I have in a similar fashion(give or take a word here or there).

Ignoring the exact pharse I used, the point bucket head is that my description was a)Understood by everyone including you (everyone is aware of the bag I'm referring too-someone kindly even attachyed replica photo's) cool.gifI have never tried to pass it on as something other than what it actually is and c)No-one has purchased it.

So keep on dreaming, save those pennies and you may...maybe...may even be able to have next years 'Season Opener'...

Nikey Ho.

Well said maybe next time, Veefor will have his profile updated with his new equipment , or maybe he can tell us all, that he has traded his Diawa OS cavity Backs and his Hyrbrids in for a Shiny new Set of Forged Blades, or maybe he doesnt really play golf, and just likes too post on here, afterall 1000 posts ? hmmmm thats alot of time on here rather than on course me thinks...

Actually i should apologise, i shouldnt take the ( Piss ) but it was warranted given the comments, and was fun while it lasted...

Id say this thread is done and dusted, good luck NIKEY Ho with the sale, perhaps Fleabay , maybe the way now ?

Cheers All

#37 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:57 AM

Is the bag a limited edition? Yes
Is the bag made to celebrate the masters? Yes

Do Taylor Made do this for every major, every year? Yes

Does that make it any less of a limited edition masters bag? No

#38 PINGS58Player

PINGS58Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE: Moe @ May 10 2007, 06:57 PM

Is the bag a limited edition? Yes
Is the bag made to celebrate the masters? Yes

Do Taylor Made do this for every major, every year? Yes

Does that make it any less of a limited edition masters bag? No

Well Said MOE , Champion ! smile.gif

#39 Veefore

Veefore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE: Peter @ May 10 2007, 01:36 PM

FFS it's a golf bag. He hasn't tried to disguise the brand, colour, condition, etc. All he has done is call it something that it may or may not be (Limited Edition, Masters, etc). Any potential buyer that does the slightest bit of research online to check comparable prices through other sellers will know exactly what bag he is referring to and can thus make an informed decision to buy or not.

Having been in the legal side of marketing I can tell you that it is against the law to misrepresent a product. It is not the potential buyers responsibility to research the item in question to find out if it is what the buyer claims it is. A potential buyer would have a legitimate claim against the seller and the selling medium (ISG) if the item is not what it is claimed to be.

QUOTE: Peter @ May 10 2007, 01:36 PM

In saying that, this is a

free

service that is provided by ISG. Members are going to ask questions when they think a product is not described accurately, priced appropriately or if there is some other information that they think looks wrong. If you can't accept this, go to eBay.

And finally, questions can be asked about a product and answered without resorting to personal attacks.

Isn't that what I did? I never attacked the OP. I didn't even mention his price. I only pointed out that he misrepresented his product. The personal attacks have come from those supporting the OP.

#40 Peter

Peter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1365 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:42 AM

Okay, lets start again.

There appears to be a golf bag for sale. There may even be some photos of it (first time I've deleted most of the posts in a thread and left Jack's there!).

Anybody wants to complain about their post being deleted can PM me.

#41 PINGS58Player

PINGS58Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE: Peter @ May 10 2007, 09:42 PM

Okay, lets start again.

There appears to be a golf bag for sale. There may even be some photos of it (first time I've deleted most of the posts in a thread and left Jack's there!).

Anybody wants to complain about their post being deleted can PM me.

Well Done Peter , it was outta Control smile.gif

#42 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:12 AM

nice bag, must be a limited release smile.gif

#43 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE: Moe @ May 10 2007, 10:12 PM

nice bag, must be a limited release smile.gif

Funny you should say that Moe. Edit: FFS, what part of "Lets start again" didn't I make clear??

Upon further inspection of the bag having gotten home from work, I can confirm that in the words of TM...yes TAYLOR MADE, "Major Championships commemorative edition...This limited Edition Taylormade bag was designed for the 2007 Season Opner..."

Case closed.

#44 PINGS58Player

PINGS58Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE: Nikey Ho @ May 10 2007, 10:19 PM

Funny you should say that Moe. Thanks must also go to Peter & Pingy. Without revisiting erased replies etc. I was accused of being a lier with absolutely no substance.

Upon further inspection of the bag having gotten home from work, I can confirm that in the words of TM...yes TAYLOR MADE, "Major Championships commemorative edition...This limited Edition Taylormade bag was designed for the 2007 Season Opner..."

Case closed.

Well said Nikey ! Muchas Gracias !

#45 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10328 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:32 AM

Is it a real Taylor Made Bag? tongue.gif

Its like you were trying to push heroin on their kids or something.

FFS. If you like something, buy it. If not then dont.

If you dont like/agree with the price then dont buy it or PM the seller to negotiate if you wish.

Negotiations or questions like that should be for the PM system. Leave that out of the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users