53 replies to this topic

#16 Veefore

Veefore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:42 AM

To be honest, I thought that they were just a cheap marketing stunt by TaylorMade. Making bags up to sort of look like a special Majors edition but without any actual reference to the major. Makes them look like a collectable without actually being one. Just because they didn't make a lot doesn't make them valuable. It probably just means that they didn't expect that there would be much real demand. Afterall, last time I was in Golf Box they had the full set of them, one for each major.

#17 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE: Veefore @ May 9 2007, 03:42 PM

To be honest, I thought that they were just a cheap marketing stunt by TaylorMade. Making bags up to sort of look like a special Majors edition but without any actual reference to the major. Makes them look like a collectable without actually being one. Just because they didn't make a lot doesn't make them valuable. It probably just means that they didn't expect that there would be much real demand. Afterall, last time I was in Golf Box they had the full set of them, one for each major.

I hardly doubt that its going to become a true collectable, never said that-its a golf bag at the end of the day. Similar to the Adidas 360 shoes, TM decided to bring out a bag to signify the first major of the year.

I have not seen any other TM 'major' bags previously. I was unaware that they had done this before for retail either. Similar to Callaway in the past, the TM staff players used the masters bag this year.

Whether its $200 or $250 or whatever the cost may be, it is still in-line with other 'normal' stand bags for sale @ retail.

I listed it here because its differrent, its not readily available and I thought an ISG'er may want something differrent.

If its not your go, I've got an old Titty s/bag going cheap too!

#18 Veefore

Veefore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE: Nikey Ho @ May 9 2007, 02:46 PM

I have not seen any other TM 'major' bags previously. I was unaware that they had done this before for retail either. Similar to Callaway in the past, the TM staff players used the masters bag this year.

Whether its $200 or $250 or whatever the cost may be, it is still in-line with other 'normal' stand bags for sale @ retail.

I listed it here because its differrent, its not readily available and I thought an ISG'er may want something differrent.

If its not your go, I've got an old Titty s/bag going cheap too!

It's not really a "major" bag though is it? Maybe it is a "faux major" bag because it never really mentions Augusta National or the Masters anywhere on it. Just "Season Opener" and "Georgia 2007". It is not even close to being anything like their actual "Majors" bags that the Staff players get.

Their other "Faux Major" bags are equally vague.
It is up to the consumer to make the stretch and link the two to make it a "Masters" bag.

Otherwise, I have no quarrel with your price or anything else. I just thought that it was a cheap grab at the collectables market by TaylorMade and said so. Who knows, it may turn out that they DO end up as collectables. I certainly can't pick the next fad the masses will turn to.

#19 CaptainScrambles

CaptainScrambles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:57 AM

I think it is just Taylor trying to cash in on a major. I noticed this bag on Golftown's website (Canada) a while back. They are selling them for a buck fifty, plus taxes which kill you up there. They aren't really that rare on the other side of the world, but all in all, a decent looking bag.

#20 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:07 AM

the guy is trying to make a sale ffs, just leave him be.

if you don't want to pay $250 don't - if you got the same bag cheaper or your friend did - great, what are you looking at this one for?

its a nice bag and would probably fetch more than $250 on aussie ebay and you can ignore the stupid questions there wink.gif

#21 3oneday

3oneday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE: Moe @ May 10 2007, 12:07 AM

if you don't want to pay $250 don't - if you got the same bag cheaper or your friend did - great, what are you looking at this one for?

well said moe, it sounds like everyone is infected with

sven

itis tongue.gif

#22 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:12 PM

its a nice bag and would probably fetch more than $250 on aussie ebay and you can ignore the stupid questions there wink.gif

Thanks Moe. Exactly my sentiments.

I thought that was pretty obvious. Its fairly straightforward but true to form a few ISG'ers like to distort the facts and have a whinge . Go tell TM about the 'faux' major bag etc etc. It is what it is. I'm not trying to sell it as a bag used at Augusta. Its a bag that TM released 'honouring' the season opener. Its not that hard you guy's. Geez some of you must be very bored!

#23 daacha

daacha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1198 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:22 PM

Moe since when does posting something in the classified section automatically make it a topic that isn't open to discussion. It's an open forum and if any seller doesn't want questions or comments posed then list it on ebay where, by your words "stupid questions can be ignored". wink.gif

#24 Veefore

Veefore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE: Moe @ May 9 2007, 10:07 PM

The guy also tried to advertise it as a limited edition MASTERS bag, which it is clearly not.

Do you really think that someone should falsely advertise a product and not be called on it????

I don't care about the price. He can advertise it at $1,000 for all I care and if someone is prepared to pay it great. But if someone buys it thinking that they have bought a MASTERS bag then they are getting ripped off.

#25 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE: Veefore @ May 10 2007, 10:02 AM

The guy also tried to advertise it as a limited edition MASTERS bag, which it is clearly not.

Do you really think that someone should falsely advertise a product and not be called on it????

I don't care about the price. He can advertise it at $1,000 for all I care and if someone is prepared to pay it great. But if someone buys it thinking that they have bought a MASTERS bag then they are getting ripped off.

Veefore...stop being a TOOL mate...a blunt small one at that!

Go tell every retailer, everyone on e-bay et al that. Get over it. Its a bag that taylor made bought out to signify the 'season opener'-referring to the masters...hence the colours, hence the mention of Georgia State etc.

YOU ARE KIDDING. Crawl back into your little hole.

#26 Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:16 PM

these are limited edition

#27 PINGS58Player

PINGS58Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:58 PM

SPOT on Moe , correct , i think its quite unfair that people on here cop Sh**T for what their selling based on what some TOOL thinks he should pay for it, and the Seller should sell it for...

#28 PINGS58Player

PINGS58Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE: Veefore @ May 10 2007, 10:02 AM

Veefore,

Are you a bit upset that your Daiwa , OS cavity backs and your 4 hyrbrids wont fit in the bag ? if so i have a Titleist masters 07 tour stand bag , thatss just for you at $1000 USD smile.gif LOL ...

Time for you too go an play som golf rather than heckle people on here...

Cheers now smile.gif

#29 Veefore

Veefore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:00 AM

Did you even read my post or are just looking for a way to embarrass yourself?

QUOTE: PINGS58Player @ May 10 2007, 12:01 PM

Time for you too go an play some golf rather than heckle people on here...

Well,

That comment would be much more appropriate directed at yourself.

Afterall, that is all it is, a heckle and a pissant attempt at an insult that adds nothing to the thread.

The OP LIED in his ad by calling the bag a LIMITED EDITION MASTERS bag. It is NOT a Limited Edition Masters bag and never will be.

As I have already said but will reiterate for the comprehension impaired, I DON'T CARE WHAT HE SELLS THE BAG FOR, if someone is prepared to pay the asking price (which I never criticized) then good for them. He can put $10,000 on it for all I care.

What I don't like, and I will say it again just for you is that he

LIED

when he called it a Limited Edition Masters bag. Now whether it was intentional or not is not my concern. It was still untrue and he has made no efforts to correct that untruth but tried to deny it.

In reality, the Mods should have removed the ad as soon as it was discovered to be false and misleading and a breach of forum guidelines.

#30 Peter

Peter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1365 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:36 AM

FFS it's a golf bag. He hasn't tried to disguise the brand, colour, condition, etc. All he has done is call it something that it may or may not be (Limited Edition, Masters, etc). Any potential buyer that does the slightest bit of research online to check comparable prices through other sellers will know exactly what bag he is referring to and can thus make an informed decision to buy or not.

In saying that, this is a

free

service that is provided by ISG. Members are going to ask questions when they think a product is not described accurately, priced appropriately or if there is some other information that they think looks wrong. If you can't accept this, go to eBay.

And finally, questions can be asked about a product and answered without resorting to personal attacks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users