25 replies to this topic

#1 ParMaster

ParMaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:24 AM

What do you think is the worst private golf club you have played on. For me its Roseville.
I still think its an okay golf course but i's not in the class of other private clubs.

#2 Strike

Strike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE: Par Master @ Mar 21 2007, 07:24 PM

What do you think is the worst private golf club you have played on. For me its Roseville.
I still think its an okay golf course but i's not in the class of other private clubs.

I don't have a nomination, but I'm predicting that Southern will get a bit of a mention here:P

#3 qbnchopper

qbnchopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:46 AM

I'd say that the worst "private" club I've played on is Federal (but the private clubs I've played on are Royal types and federal)

#4 HISPL

HISPL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:07 AM

Either Kalgoorlie or Boulder golf club in Kalgoorlie WA... The people are nice, but the courses are disgraceful and they choose some very poor times to play.

I might travel back when the resort opens, that course could be interesting.

#5 wbennett

wbennett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:10 AM

Chopper - Federal is far more friendly these days, encouraging social play after 4 every day with a $20 deal - they need the $ to pay for water...

#6 zoumboukas

zoumboukas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:19 AM

I played at the $%#@ farm (eastern sward) about 6 years ago in a social group, I'm sure it is private and is pretty bad.

#7 peanuts

peanuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5349 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:54 AM

Not a bad pick Par Master, it'd be hard to beat that one. There are obviously worse courses but the ones I can think of all are not private in the way Roseville is.

#8 _Andrew_

_Andrew_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2337 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:25 PM

Parmaster,

I would be interested in your definition of ‘Private’.

#9 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE: Andrew @ Mar 22 2007, 07:25 AM

Parmaster,

Par Master and Peanuts are on the money. 'Royal' Roseville must be up there

#10 Tinsworth

Tinsworth

If it's on the internet then it must be right.....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5673 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE: Par Master @ Mar 21 2007, 07:24 PM

What is your definition of "worst"?

Course location?
Course layout?
Course condition?
Clubhouse?
Facilities?
Members?

huh.gif

#11 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE: Fyirippu @ Mar 22 2007, 08:44 AM

What is your definition of "worst"?

Course location?
Course layout?
Course condition?
Clubhouse?
Facilities?
Members?

huh.gif

I'm guessing a club thats trying to be something that it clearly isn't...

#12 ParMaster

ParMaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE: Andrew @ Mar 22 2007, 07:25 AM

Parmaster,

Well to me that means unless you know a member or its an open day you can't ring up and book in for a game.

#13 bradharro

bradharro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:43 AM

The worst private club i have played at is cromer golf club. i was a member there for 5 years up until last year when i joined long reef. after having a hole in 1 there during a sat comp i was given a pueter to drink out of, when in the bar, that was to be refilled for me by any member i nominated.until i was told i had had too much to drink after 5 refills and was asked to leave, great way to remember my 1st hole in 1! a member there who was a club champ and pennant team capt wrote a letter to the board offering suggestions on how the course could be improved. approx 100 members, each paying over $3k yearly subs, co signed the letter. the only response this guy got was a letter from the president, who is a magistrate, threatening legal action as the guy writing ther letter apparently defamed the current course superintendant. not one of the points raised in the letter were ever answered. other letters were written looking for answers and zero replys were recieved. the club lacks attmosphere and gives the impression of a gentlemans club with 18 holes in the give up. if you get a chance to play cromer give it a shot, but i wouldnt recommend joining.

#14 scousegolfer

scousegolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:52 PM

ballina on the north coast, the members really think it the best course on the north coast, some really horrible people & the course is flat boring & there is millions of midgies & mossies. if you come up here dont play there, the pro is a awful excuse for a pro & the clubhouse welcome is not nice at all. a rip off to join, wont say how much it is but the most expensive course on the north coast to be a member.

#15 TazzieHacker

TazzieHacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:47 PM

Ulverstone in tasmania is the worst be far long boring and nothing to challenge just straight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users