• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cookster

cookster

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:44 AM

I'm looking for a go to club off the tee on tight driving holes. Tossing up between the titleist 503h, mizuno fli hi or even the touredge bazooka tour. Any advice???

#2 bradles08

bradles08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:13 AM

Here's some advice laugh.gif wink.gif Scrap the both of them and try get your hands on a Sonartec MD. I find it hard to believe that these things are hard to come by over here, off shelf. This is the best stick I have hit in some time. Long, straight, pure in looks, solid feel, good shaft range. Have to find a 3 Wood now. But honestly try one of these!

#3 Timinsa

Timinsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3293 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:33 AM

Try before you buy.

#4 bradles08

bradles08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:37 AM

lol, I didn't on the Hybrid, it looked clean as hell and had great feedback and I paid almost half for it, I think that was enough to convince me.

It paid itself off after one hit!

#5 adlo

adlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:10 AM

I use Mizuno Fli Hi. Nice club, easy to hit, workable for the better players. Trajectory also workable, some hybrids just hit the ball too damn high.

However, as already said, try before you buy.

I have tried driving irons too, but think the consistency of a strong hybrid is hard to beat.

If you were looking at tour edge though, go the exotics...

#6 wormie

wormie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:19 AM

Definitely try before you buy. Unless you hit a big slice you'll probably find that many hybrids are hooking machines. FWIW I use a Titleist 585. Sets up square and looks sweet as well.

#7 qbnchopper

qbnchopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:54 AM

Another for try before buy ...

I've found tht the TM Hybrid 2 models ago without the weights is a very nice bat for me ... I tried a lot of the hybrids out before settling on that

#8 gazgolf1

gazgolf1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1601 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:42 AM

Ping Rapture 18 degree,VS Proto. biggrin.gif

#9 djhgolf

djhgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:51 AM

Think Japanese brands when you want a driving iron PRGR Zoom or Fourteen. Best on the market!

#10 theedmo

theedmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:59 AM

New Adams Pro Hybrid rocks!

#11 Sven

Sven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:01 AM

I swaer by srixon ad hybrids...I now have the 3 and 4 and they dont go too high...depending on where you put the ball in your stance really...driving ioirons...you have to be kidding me...are people still uing thes lumps of lead

#12 cookster

cookster

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE: Sven @ Mar 21 2007, 12:01 AM

I swaer by srixon ad hybrids...I now have the 3 and 4 and they dont go too high...depending on where you put the ball in your stance really...driving ioirons...you have to be kidding me...are people still uing thes lumps of lead

Thanks. i was classifying the mizunos, titleist and touredge as your driving iron type hybrids as opposed to the TM mids, nikes and others. i have the TM (19°) and Nike CPR (24°) but would like something to hit about 2 iron distance mainly off the tee. i find the TM and CPR too high off the tee...thought the mizunos or titleist might bring the ballflight down.

#13 Sven

Sven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE: cookster @ Mar 21 2007, 09:37 AM

Thanks. i was classifying the mizunos, titleist and touredge as your driving iron type hybrids as opposed to the TM mids, nikes and others. i have the TM (19°) and Nike CPR (24°) but would like something to hit about 2 iron distance mainly off the tee. i find the TM and CPR too high off the tee...thought the mizunos or titleist might bring the ballflight down.

look at some shaft options

#14 mikezone13

mikezone13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:48 PM

My Cleveland Halo 19° is perfect for me off the tee or off the deck.

Not a hooking machien and gvien the scoop (like the Hibore) on the back of the hybrid it doesn't appear too chunky so you can really hit down like a wedge.

I used to hate hybrids but this club is now one of the first in my bag and it'll take a lot for me to remove it from play.

From a driving iron perspective I had tried both the 503H and the Cleveland LDI, bought the LDI and loved it at first, then slowly I found that while the good shots were great and it was great from the fairway it was not overly playable from the rough (when the ball was sitting down).

I've tried the Callaway and the older TM rescue hybrids but the Cleveland Halo for me just works really well, I may try the Cleveland HiBore Hybrid, but at the moment there is no need for trying alternatives as what I've got is doing a very good job.

As someone on here said to me a few weeks ago when I was looking to adjust my 3 wood shaft length even though I was flushing nearly every shot, "why change something when it's not broken".

#15 Moris25

Moris25

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:33 AM

I can recommend the Titleist T-MB Drive Iron.  ;)
Loft sleeve: provides improved opportunity for pefect gapping and desired trajectory Shape: iron face profile inspires confidence and easy alignment with a medium width sole fo ease of play and versatility. Speed foam: revolutionary iron technology has been injected to allow for thinner, faster faces while maintaining excellent sound and feel. https://golf-hook.co...ing-irons-2018/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users