Photo

What's the best way to kill a tree without cutting it down?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 FarFromPar

FarFromPar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1850 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

put a sign in the window that ibrahim lives there. the way they have been going, they'll miss your house and give the tree lead poisoning for you

#32 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19983 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:47 AM

Just grow a pair and chop the bastard down. FYI - A few years ago we built a new house and planted the front out all in palms. Then a few months later the council came along and planted a gum tree in the naturestrip out front (we had no front fence, so it looked like part of our property) A gum in the middle of a tropical paradise? ..... I think not. I rang them up a week or so later and told them it had died. I asked if I could get a tropical type replacement, and they said no, I then walked outside and ripped out the gum tree. A month later another gum turned up in its place, put there one day by the council. Within a week .... it was gone. Three times they replaced the original tree with another .... and they always disappeared. They gave up in the end, and I got to keep my unspoiled tropical paradise.
  • Turfers Paradise likes this

#33 racinfarmer

racinfarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1773 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:07 AM

We have a very large tree in our front yard that is starting to cause damage to our foundations. I have spoken to the local council and there seems nothing we can do about it. I want kill the tree without making it seem obvious, any suggestions?

This really does not tell me much….

Did the council say that you could not remove the tree it seems like everyone in presumimg that is what they said!

OR the way I read it the council said that there is nothing you could do to stop it causing trouble to your foundations. Depending on howfar away from the house it is and how big the tree is that may or may not be the case.

Either way I’m glad to see we have such a great bunch of enviromentally concerned members here who think a tree is worth nothing! You would be the kinds that take out trees just or the view.

Lastly, again depending on the size of the tree (Very Large could be anything to different people) killing it could cause more problems than it’s worth with possible damage to people and property and additional costs to remove it.

Why not call an arborist in to give you some advise on it.

2010 22-24-20 H,cap, 2011 20-21-22-21-20-19-18 (16.8 new PB 22/7/11) (Next Goal 15 h,cap & Break 80)
http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Dude, You golf. You are in no position to be lecturing others about being not friendly to the environment.

#34 Palmeister

Palmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

The one on the Grands(Gold Coasts) 17th could do with same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users