Photo

What's the best way to kill a tree without cutting it down?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 rakaia

rakaia

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:09 AM

Hi matey - all you have to do is have a solicitor send the council a registered letter informing the council that from this point onwards they are now responsible for any and all damage caused by the tree to your house given you have informed them of the problem and they have refused to allow you to fix it. They may need a report from a building inspector and if it is as you say you will be allowed to cut it down. I had a close friend who was worried about a large tree falling on his house. The tee was on council land and situated upwind of his house. They said no - he sent a letter - they quickly came and cut it down.

#17 deepdivot

deepdivot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

Loving the posts, yep drill big arse holes in it and u can buy a tree killer at bunnings.

#18 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3169 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:08 AM

Diesel does it, ironically that is what the council uses when they sanction their own destruction. .

#19 Node

Node

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2379 posts
  • LocationMaryborough Queensland

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:12 AM

We have a very large tree in our front yard that is starting to cause damage to our foundations. I have spoken to the local council and there seems nothing we can do about it. I want kill the tree without making it seem obvious, any suggestions?

This really does not tell me much.... Did the council say that you could not remove the tree it seems like everyone in presumimg that is what they said! OR the way I read it the council said that there is nothing you could do to stop it causing trouble to your foundations. Depending on howfar away from the house it is and how big the tree is that may or may not be the case. Either way I'm glad to see we have such a great bunch of enviromentally concerned members here who think a tree is worth nothing! You would be the kinds that take out trees just or the view. Lastly, again depending on the size of the tree (Very Large could be anything to different people) killing it could cause more problems than it's worth with possible damage to people and property and additional costs to remove it. Why not call an arborist in to give you some advise on it.

#20 Wodda

Wodda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1179 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:20 AM

I had a similar problem many years ago with a HUGE gum tree outside our house. Asked council on several occasions to remove the tree but they claimed it was suggested as the most suitable tree for that location......what do these guys snort!?!?!?! Anyway, I wrote a very polite letter stating that if the tree (or part of the tree) came through our roof and injured or killed any of my family, I'd be sueing their arses for everything I could get out of them!!! Tree was gone within the week!!! TRUE STORY!!! (Miss the shade in summer though)

#21 2Putts

2Putts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9876 posts
  • LocationAs Above

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

I think this tree went to God about 4 years ago.

#22 Node

Node

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2379 posts
  • LocationMaryborough Queensland

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:25 AM

Give me the fresh air, a beautiful partner, and a nice round of golf, and you can keep the fresh air and the round of golf. ~Jack Benny

Hahaha your 100% correct! Who is recycling these old posts????

#23 2Putts

2Putts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9876 posts
  • LocationAs Above

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:29 AM

Give me the fresh air, a beautiful partner, and a nice round of golf, and you can keep the fresh air and the round of golf. ~Jack Benny

Hahaha your 100% correct!

Who is recycling these old posts????

2010 22-24-20 H,cap, 2011 20-21-22-21-20-19-18 (16.8 new PB 22/7/11) (Next Goal 15 h,cap & Break 80)
http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Nothing like a good thread dredge : ) I'm sure someone else will have a tree that needs to catch a "mysterious illness".

#24 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 16513 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:30 AM

Hahaha your 100% correct!

Who is recycling these old posts????

2010 22-24-20 H,cap, 2011 20-21-22-21-20-19-18 (16.8 new PB 22/7/11) (Next Goal 15 h,cap & Break 80)

Yep 4 year delay to the question, probably works for council. Im glad thought to see some new posters on here though! Welcome to the forums!!
  • Turfers Paradise likes this

#25 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25346 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:40 AM

Hmmm, rakaia brings up a 4yo useless topic as first post. A bit sus.

#26 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38110 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:34 AM

Hmmm, rakaia brings up a 4yo useless topic as first post.
A bit sus.

OldBogey
OoM#9

GolfLink

OlindaGolfClub

..........and he/she's been a member since 2008???

#27 Yarn

Yarn

The Iguana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8673 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Far North NSW

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:40 AM

Major stalker. "who is that weird guy over by the playground?" "don't know, he's always hanging around but he doesn't say much"
  • Turfers Paradise likes this

#28 2Putts

2Putts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9876 posts
  • LocationAs Above

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

Been waiting 3 years to talk about trees, now that's dedication.

#29 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

Holing It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32704 posts
  • LocationChopperville

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:17 AM

Major stalker.

“who is that weird guy over by the playground?”

“don’t know, he’s always hanging around but he doesn’t say much”

my ball is afraid of the dark

Hiding behind the tree?

#30 scribe

scribe

Suspect

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

We have a very large tree in our front yard that is starting to cause damage to our foundations. I have spoken to the local council and there seems nothing we can do about it. I want kill the tree without making it seem obvious, any suggestions?

Piss on it after a night on the VB! Do this every week for a year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users