122 replies to this topic

#121 thewombat

thewombat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

thing i love about national is also the practice facilities. last week i went down and hit balls for 40-45 mins after breakfast. then drove 1 hr back home.

oh yeah, played NSW a few months ago. man, what a course!!!

you may or may not have heard there is a proposed merge between National and long island gc. on face value i see it as win win for LI members (700 odd 7-day playing members), and little if nothing for us to gain. i wont be playing at LI, and i would hate to think what booking tee times would be like with additional 700 (lol not that many) wanting to play the old, moonah or ocean saturday morning.

#122 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

thing i love about national is also the practice facilities. last week i went down and hit balls for 40-45 mins after breakfast. then drove 1 hr back home.

you may or may not have heard there is a proposed merge between National and long island gc. on face value i see it as win win for LI members (700 odd 7-day playing members), and little if nothing for us to gain. i wont be playing at LI, and i would hate to think what booking tee times would be like with additional 700 (lol not that many) wanting to play the old, moonah or ocean saturday morning.

LI has 700 members total, only 300 of those are 7 day members. I think this is one of the main reasons for the merger.
  • thewombat likes this

#123 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 16301 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

convo happening here re merger http://forums.iseekg...-and-li-merger/

• thewombat likes this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users