#16 cody

cody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE: John J Jones @ Feb 8 2007, 07:26 PM

Enlighten us all. How did you go on Moonah and Ocean? Was it any better than the 100+ you had off the blues on Old???

JJJ, are you implying that Moe hasn't played 2 of the 3 courses. Being such a valued and knowledgeable poster perhaps he has mixed it up with Cape Schanck?

Does anyone have any idea what the going rate for the subs free memberships is?

#17 Uncle_Leo

Uncle_Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7928 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE: cody @ Feb 8 2007, 08:09 PM

Does anyone have any idea what the going rate for the subs free memberships is?

Good luck cody. If the members who post here (and on this thread) wont help you then you havent got a prayer. Those shares must really be taking a hammering...

#18 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:12 AM

JJJ,

I haven't played Moonah.

25 points off 6 equates to 89 by my maths, though I do admit it was likely closer to the 100 mark if I'd played out the wipes. I shot 100+ at Kingston Heath and have had 99 around Pacific in Brisbane. Of course, none of those this is relevant - including my score around the Old

I will say that when there are two other blokes racking up 90+ in the group, and one left handed gentleman gives unlimited unsolicited advice on your golf swing from halfway up the first fairway and beyond, the scores are secondary to the humour - especially the 5 or 6 putts one particular individual had on one hole laugh.gif

The right handed regular did score well though, his reading of the greens was quite educational, unlike the swing advice from a fellow hacker wink.gif

#19 John J Jones

John J Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:16 AM

Moe,

Lucky you aren't an accountant as you'd be in jail given how you count. By the way, you appear to have played Old but not Moonah. How was Ocean, champ?

JJ

#20 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:22 AM

JJJ,

Just checked my golf link - you as the marker of my card signed for a 95.

The few holes I played of the Ocean (or the 'goaty') with your fine self were quite entertaining - its amazing to see someone deride something with such conviction. I especially enjoyed the stories regarding the bunker on the 1st.

#21 golfdoc

golfdoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:38 AM

Thanks Golfdoc. What were you playing off before you read it?
[/quote]

16 and now down to 14.5 Cody. But with 3 kids under 4, i don't get to play much, so my handicap is pretty meaningless. With better understanding of the golf course I reckon high singles is not out of reach for me - if only I could get out there.

#22 John J Jones

John J Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:39 AM

Moe,

95? Gee as your marker I could have sworn it was Stableford and you had the ball in your pocket a long way before the green a few times. I must admit that your round did wonders for Queensland as there were guys off 20 at the club wanting to move north to play off single figures afterwards. Runs us through all 18 on Ocean as well. That would be entertaining.

JJ

#23 Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE: Jack @ Feb 8 2007, 08:11 PM

Good luck cody. If the members who post here (and on this thread) wont help you then you havent got a prayer. Those shares must really be taking a hammering...

Jack, stop being a knob.

Or i'll think you've become an adopted Cashmore

#24 Uncle_Leo

Uncle_Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7928 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE: Jerry Springer @ Feb 8 2007, 08:51 PM

Jack, stop being a knob.

Or i'll think you've become an adopted Cashmore

C'mon Jerry...all you blokes know exactly what the shares are worth? Why dont you answer cody's question?

(and no I am not cody and I dont have a clue who he is)

#25 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:54 AM

JJJ,

Have I not already admitted that I had plenty more than the stableford score would suggest? I'm still not sure of the relevance of my score? It seems you have merely resorted to attacking my lack of golfing ability and questioning the validity of my handicap.

I've said a thousand times I struggle to play to my current hcp, especially as I play less and less golf. But as you know, I can only go out 0.1 at a time, and under the Australian system, the occasional decent score sends me back to the beginning. It's no secret I'd prefer to play off 10+, much like yourself. But I don't have the pleasure of playing super hard, super windy and just plain old super courses every weekend like your good self!

While again I grapple with the relevance of this entire conversation - I wonder - on your visit to the #1 QLD goat track did you manage to break 100? Many sources suggest otherwise wink.gif

#26 John J Jones

John J Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:55 AM

Jerry,

Spare him. They need all the help they can get to fix the mess they inflicted on themselves. Hartley and Cashy, that would kill most places.

Moe,

Is there a number 1 track in Swamp Central? What is it this week as I haven't checked the latest ads in Gourmet Traveller. As for my score - well as usual you are going on the advice of others as you just weren't there. Bit of a theme really.

JJ

#27 Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE: Jack @ Feb 8 2007, 08:53 PM

C'mon Jerry...all you blokes know exactly what the shares are worth? Why dont you answer cody's question?

(and no I am not cody and I dont have a clue who he is)

Jack, I don't have clue. I am not looking at buying one or selling mine anytime in the next 20 years so why would I?

I would have have to ring the club, and j..., sorry... Cody could do that himself.

#28 Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:24 AM

JJJ, i take it that the trip to the warm sunny climes of Denver, doesn't have you in the most cheerful of moods?

#29 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:34 AM

Is there a number 1 track in Swamp Central? What is it this week as I haven't checked the latest ads in Gourmet Traveller. As for my score - well as usual you are going on the advice of others as you just weren't there. Bit of a theme really.

Well according to the magazines there is.

As for your score - its not an opinion I'm able to xerox, its merely a fact. Care to enlighten us to the figure? Only as you seem to deem it so important of course wink.gif

#30 cody

cody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:48 AM

Is it possible to ask a simple question requesting a simple answer around here without Moe coming in and #$%^ing it up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users