#16 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25693 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:56 AM

I tried those brush-top tees. Snapped off at the base after a few hits. OK, I should have picked the ball off the top instead of trying to scrape the whole thing out of the ground!

#17 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4368 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

has anyone actually tried those brush top tees?

My best mate has had one of those brush tees for about 10 years, still uses the damn thing, looks like a little dildo in its capsule and I use the same joke every time, but he still uses the damn thing. Bloody accountants.

I’m here when I want to be, except for Jetset, who is a pain in my side.

how on earth do you get dido out of that, bloody carlton supporters, would think of anything!

#18 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3636 posts
  • Location10m past Natnkyls

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:09 AM

This should help...... http://cgi.ebay.com....=item1e5f035265

#19 raza

raza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:38 PM

Raza
go to Big W and buy a couple of bags the Pro T. Colour coded so pretty easy. Red for irons, hybrids or fw woods, yellow for normal drivers, blue if you want the ball up around your shoulder when you tee off.
only a couple of bucks, try em all out and see what you like,

I use the yellow ones, get a bag of 100 for about $3 or $4 and you just stick them further in the ground for irons and fairway woods.

Pretty resilient, still break, but not on every shot

Thanks for the info ! I will duck down before my first game this weekend !

#20 smAsh

smAsh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1646 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

For what its worth I use the yellow pro-length wood things. The 'performance enhancing tees' do make me laugh.

#21 burkey08

burkey08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:29 AM

Dilmar or Bushells with 2 sugars for me.....

#22 Hilton

Hilton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

At the events I have caddied at the pros have either had their own tees with their name/logo/sponosrs name on them or they have used the tees provided by the tournament.

What's the point of having a sponsors name and/or logo on the tee? It's not like the cameras zoom in that close to get a clear image of a perfectly placed logo every time.

#23 TJAY

TJAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:44 AM

I've been using those unbreakable plastic tees, seem to do the trick until I've lost them, now I'm using wooden ones, but think that breaking them every time is kinda dumb. Is there a reason plastic/unbeatable ones are bad?

#24 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9962 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:42 AM

Does anyone know what tees most of the Pro's on tour use?

JB The Pros on tour use special type tour pro tees available exclusively and only to tour pro's. These special white tees actually help to increase the ball speed and launch angle of the tee shots and is one of the main reason why tour pros' hit the ball so far... These special pro only tees also come in a range of colours blue tees help correct the club head before impact making for straighter shots which is why the pro's also hit so straight. The tees also are available in yellow if pro wants to hit a draw, or orange tees for a slice off tee. Red tees are used to hit ball lower when playing in the wind... So there you are JB you now have the best kept secret of the pro's, simply pick the colour of the tee to suit the shot they want to play. Just watch what colour tees the pro's use on the TV.

#25 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9962 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:42 AM

Does anyone know what tees most of the Pro's on tour use?

JB The Pros on tour use special type tour pro tees available exclusively and only to tour pro's. These special white tees actually help to increase the ball speed and launch angle of the tee shots and is one of the main reason why tour pros' hit the ball so far... These special pro only tees also come in a range of colours blue tees help correct the club head before impact making for straighter shots which is why the pro's also hit so straight. The tees also are available in yellow if pro wants to hit a draw, or orange tees for a slice off tee. Red tees are used to hit ball lower when playing in the wind... So there you are JB you now have the best kept secret of the pro's, simply pick the colour of the tee to suit the shot they want to play. Just watch what colour tees the pro's use on the TV.

#26 Trickshot239

Trickshot239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3560 posts
  • LocationA bit South of North of here

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:56 AM

Dilmar or Bushells with 2 sugars for me…..

The Rex Hunt golf shot………….You’ve hooked it now kiss it goodbye.

Agreed Burkey, Dilmah is the best tea by a country mile. I have milk and no sugar. It took about a year to wean myself off sugar but it tastes way better once you get used to it. Can't get used to coffee without sugar though - still have one spoonful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users