25 replies to this topic

#1 jb_

jb_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:32 AM

Does anyone know what tees most of the Pro's on tour use?

#2 philip_the_five_iron

philip_the_five_iron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:43 AM

i'd imagine they just use normal wooden or plastic tee's, although ive heard they use 2 piece tees that one part goes into the ground and the other part that you hit off click s in the top.

#3 TheBlade

TheBlade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1506 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:30 AM

Most common tees would be the wooden ones. Although some of the US Tour players would be contracted to use some of those weird gizmo tees (brush tees etc.)

At a lot of the Pro events I imagine there is a large box of tees provided by a supplier. The players just throw their hands in. I've seen that at Von Nida events.

#4 chiangstar

chiangstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:27 AM

youve seen those swing-vision videos where they do a zoomed in slowmo of the impact... they snap those wooden tees every time

simon

#5 HISPL

HISPL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:54 AM

At the events I have caddied at the pros have either had their own tees with their name/logo/sponosrs name on them or they have used the tees provided by the tournament.

I made my player very happy one year by grabbing a couple of big handfulls of tees to start the event, he reckoned that they didn't get tees all the time at the events but he was loathe to grab lots as he didn't want to look greedy... I didn't care I thought I was just doing my job wink.gif

#6 Timinsa

Timinsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3293 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:26 PM

Most guys use whatever their sponsor supplies but I did notice Vj was using the Zero Friction tee for driver shots at the Mercedes event. They seem to be the top specialty tee right now. They just don't break & reportedly reduce backspin just like the Stingers. Loads of guys used them at the LD worlds.

#7 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:40 AM

Most pros use basic wooden tees. Unless contracted, virtually no players would do different to this, or ever use another type of tee voluntarily.

At PGA Tour events, there are tonnes of tees in a box on the 1st, and players and caddies just dig in and fill the bag. So most wouldn't care where they came from.

#8 Uncle_Leo

Uncle_Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7928 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:06 AM

Most young pro's I know are only interested in using one kind of tee: See You En Tee.

#9 bloodnut

bloodnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:29 AM

I see a lot of these fancy tees that claim to make your drives longer and straighter.And some idiots actually believe it!
smile.gif
Oh well at least someone is making a few bucks out of it.

#10 heckler

heckler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE: Jack @ Jan 9 2007, 04:06 PM

Most young pro's I know are only interested in using one kind of tee: See You En Tee.

Classic.

My holiday has obviously mellowed me I'm laugh.gif

#11 Zorba

Zorba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:39 AM

has anyone actually tried those brush top tees?

#12 Virge666

Virge666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4230 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE: Zorba @ Jan 9 2007, 10:39 PM

yep - hate em...

You cannot push the teel into the ground with the ball on the tee. dumbest idea ever.

#13 raza

raza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

Hi All, still getting all my stuff ready to play golf and wanted to know what size wooden tees are the best ? I see so many sizes around and not sure which ones to buys. Thanks

#14 spence

spence

Quietly lurking with the occassional snipe.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:47 AM

Raza go to Big W and buy a couple of bags the Pro T. Colour coded so pretty easy. Red for irons, hybrids or fw woods, yellow for normal drivers, blue if you want the ball up around your shoulder when you tee off. only a couple of bucks, try em all out and see what you like, I use the yellow ones, get a bag of 100 for about $3 or $4 and you just stick them further in the ground for irons and fairway woods. Pretty resilient, still break, but not on every shot

#15 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3636 posts
  • Location10m past Natnkyls

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

My best mate has had one of those brush tees for about 10 years, still uses the damn thing, looks like a little dildo in its capsule and I use the same joke every time, but he still uses the damn thing. Bloody accountants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users