Photo

Classifieds posting rules - PLEASE READ!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 10:28 PM

Hi Everyone,
It is happening more and more that people are signing up just to sell their golf equipment here and not offering anything else. They sell their gear, make their money and move on.

We do not mind providing this service for free but would like to make sure that we are offering our regular users this service and not newbie users.

SO...

You must now have a minimum post count of 20 to place an ad here in the Classifieds. That way we know you have given something to the forums and no doubt helped someone or offered useful commentary.

We think that this is fair and hopefully rewards those of you who visit often and offer their time, which we really appreciate.

Posts from members under the 20 mark will be deleted. We will also delete your classified if you post 20 useless posts to achieve the milestone quicker. You reward us with 20 quality posts and we'll reward you with a free way to sell your gear.

Bebox

PS - Thanks to the recent suggestions by a few of our regulars about this topic.

1. No unauthorised commercial postings - Posts will be deleted and banned.
2. No component or copy gear please
3. Topic header for "Golf Equipment" posts must be in the following format:
Type of Sale (only for Wanted or Trade ads) - Company - Model name and number - Type of equipment - Price (either exact price or ONO - Do not use for Buying or Trade ads)
4. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE CAPITAL LETTERS TO SELL SOMETHING. Please write in normal case, we do not need to be shouted at.
5. Every item for sale must be in it's own ad space. Please do nto try and sell three things inside one ad. It makes it very hard to find when scanning the page for items, if they are buried inside a post.

If the above criteria are not met, we will not approve your ad for viewing.

Examples:
Titliest 975J Driver - $900 ONO
**Wanted** Callaway Great Big Bertha II Fairway Wood
Nike Oz Putter - $500
**Trade** Ping i3 Irons

** If you are selling an item there is no need for a prefix on the topic header
**Wanted** - Use for when you looking to buy that product
**Trade** - Use for when you would like to trade that item for another

3. Topic header for "Other" posts must be in the following format:
Description of item/s - Price

Examples:
Scorecard collection $430 ONO
**Wanted** Lakelands Membership
Tiger Woods Masters Flag $1500
**Trade** Autographed Peter Lonard Cap $500 ONO

** If you are selling an item there is no need for a prefix on the topic header
**Wanted** - Use for when you looking to buy that product
**Trade** - use for when you would like to trade that item for another

If the post does not conform to the above outlines it will be deleted after 12 hours. The above format allows users to scan the topic and know exactly what is inside the post wihtout having to look at every individual post. This will make it easy for everyone to use the service.

** Commercial postings will be deleted and you will be banned.

• kro4gqzn5f2 and handeltav like this

#2 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12434 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

No problem with the rules, but I'm curious to why I have to have 20posts to sell something? I suppose it is just a restriction in the code of this forum and I can understand it from a selling point. I think Muntz said it in another forum on here, I suppose it really doesn't take much to get to 20. (5 to go!)

#3 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12434 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

No problem with the rules, but I'm curious to why I have to have 20posts to sell something? I suppose it is just a restriction in the code of this forum and I can understand it from a selling point. I think Muntz said it in another forum on here, I suppose it really doesn't take much to get to 20. (5 to go!)

#4 HennoHimself

HennoHimself

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:23 AM

A double-post will get you there even quicker.

#5 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12434 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:27 AM

Oops.... (and 1 more to go now with that useless acknowledgement from myself!)

#6 tofu

tofu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

are EOI (expression of interest) threads allowed?

#7 OhNotThere

OhNotThere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

just wondering where my posts went.

#8 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

They were deleted as they had no price in the subject as per the post rules. We are sick and tired of fixing Classified posts all day with no price in the subject. If you are selling something people need to know what the price.

#9 OhNotThere

OhNotThere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

hmm. k.. the price was in the description.. my bad

#10 bigdaz27

bigdaz27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:16 AM

This may have been covered already in the other sticky thread but for the sake of avoiding sifting through 200+ posts... Is it permitted to post "Wanted To Buy" ads in the classifieds forum pre 20 posts? I appreciate the point that people may only join to flog off the odd bit of gear but there are some keen golfers like myself that are new to not only the site but to golf aswell and are chasing a certain piece of equipment to get up and running. Thanks

#11 bigdaz27

bigdaz27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:46 PM

Never mind, i just realised it's not permitted.

#12 Sarg

Sarg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1441 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

Could I aslo suggest you make it possible (and mandatory) for people to be able change their title once it is sold, which will usually be after the 2 day limit. **Sold** in front of their description will make sifting through the classifieds even easier again.

#13 Danno

Danno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:11 AM

Good call

#14 MPD

MPD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:28 AM

G`day Admin,I am curious as to the rule regarding having only one item per post. Is this still the case or has it been relaxed over time? Kind regards MPD

#15 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:53 AM

Yes it is a bit more relaxed as we couldn't keep up with cleaning up the number of multi item posts. So preference is still for singles but we allow others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users